Game Boy Advance
  Nintendo DS
  Nintendo 3DS
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:57 pm
Zephyrkitty
There's not exactly a shortage of bomb rocks in 2, though. When I did a no-death run, that was probably my second most common reason for resetting after enemies managing to eat a pikmin. stressed

I never had much trouble with getting parts across areas in either game unless I missed an enemy or something. Some of the parts require multiple colors to reach, but that's pretty easy to tell just by looking at the puzzles. I always just dealt with narrow areas by bringing pikmin across in smaller groups; they're capable of amazing feats of stupidity, but they generally managed to stay alive long enough for me to get the whole group across.

I thought the items for both fit with their games, so I don't know if I'd call either better. Having 201 treasures to collect is obviously nicer than 30 ship parts, but that doesn't work so well if you throw a timer into the mix.

I'm okay at top tens, but I don't like giving spots to things I haven't finished (what if it shits the bed in the final stretch?) and I'm having trouble coming up with ten games I like enough to call favorites instead of seven games I love and three more that are fun but not amazing. sweatdrop
I just remember hating yellow Pikmin because they would always die to bomb rocks in 1, but that was probably largely due to the fact that I was 11 at that time, too.

I don't remember losing a ton of Pikmin to precarious leading along, but the stage after you get the blues, there's a segment early-on that you need to take Pikmin across surrounded by water and I could never get them across without having to hear them making their terrible drowning noise.

I really hope 3 continues with the treasures because so far all we've seen is fruit, and I loved uncovering all of the real-world items. It's probably one of the only instances in which in-game advertising works well! I just felt like 2 was a tighter package altogether. The long, long (sometimes LONG) underground segments always felt good to get through and your Pikmin were good for more than just getting past water/fire and bomb rocking. I'm interested to see if purples return (they've said they will...) with the inclusion of rock and what flying do, as well as if there are any new kinds.

Maybe I'll try a top-ten for something... I hate doing things like that, I get stressed even making a team in Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 pm
Meta_Fish
I just remember hating yellow Pikmin because they would always die to bomb rocks in 1, but that was probably largely due to the fact that I was 11 at that time, too.

I don't remember losing a ton of Pikmin to precarious leading along, but the stage after you get the blues, there's a segment early-on that you need to take Pikmin across surrounded by water and I could never get them across without having to hear them making their terrible drowning noise.

I really hope 3 continues with the treasures because so far all we've seen is fruit, and I loved uncovering all of the real-world items. It's probably one of the only instances in which in-game advertising works well! I just felt like 2 was a tighter package altogether. The long, long (sometimes LONG) underground segments always felt good to get through and your Pikmin were good for more than just getting past water/fire and bomb rocking. I'm interested to see if purples return (they've said they will...) with the inclusion of rock and what flying do, as well as if there are any new kinds.

Maybe I'll try a top-ten for something... I hate doing things like that, I get stressed even making a team in Pokemon.

It's probably a mix of both. I'm sure you'd do better at not killing pikmin with bomb rocks at this point, but I've been replaying the first game with a friend and I'd be lying if I said that we hadn't lost any pikmin to explosions.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but idle blues act as lifeguards. If they're near drowning pikmin they'll grab them and throw them to safety.

Plenty of the treasures in 2 were food, so other types of treasures in 3 is certainly a possibility. And I really liked spelunking so I don't have any disagreements there, even if I end up feeling on-edge all through Submerged Castle.

I cannot justify buying a WiiU just for Pikmin 3, but I'm really excited to see what they do with the game. It'll be really interesting to see what they do with the new pikmin, and if we get any new levels like spelunking in 2.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm
Meta_Fish

Aww. You don't have to, sweetie. heart

Everyone else has to, though. >:0  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas