Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[CRIT] - Annalys Welles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 pm
ANNALYS MIRA WELLES
ahnalees meera wells

User Image

Roller panda to appease the image gods until I find a tablet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 pm
ABOUT HER

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Full Name :: Annalys Mira Welles
Nicknames :: Anna, Ana, Lys, Lyssie
Birthday :: ---------
Age 15
Residence :: Ronth

Dreams ::
Family and Friends :: Annalys wants her family and all the people she's close to in her area to never have to worry about money, always be healthy, and to be happy with their lives without working themselves to the bone.
Herself :: Annalys wants to find out why she lost her voice and to figure out a way to regain it.
Ambitions :: Annalys wants to become a hero and help the people around her.
Fears ::
Herself :: Annalys is afraid that if her powers continue to grow and she continues to gain control, she will lose her other senses. On the other hand, she is afraid of never gaining control of her powers and forever being a danger to those around her.

Likes :: Outdoors, playing, rough housing, dogs, flowers, grass, chocolate, sunshine
Dislikes :: The factory, being alone, cats, rabbits, mindless tasks, housework, bullies, jerks

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

Hair :: Ginger; short at Rookie stage, slowly grows longer
Eyes :: Hazel
Skin Color :: Tanned, freckle magnet on her shoulders, chest, and hips, few on her face
Body Type :: Swimmer's Build
Distinguishing Features :: None yet. (RP happens)
Tattoos/Piercings/Modifications :: None.

PERSONALITY

Protective ~ Annalys is an overly protective person. She was called 'Mama Bear' by some of her charges and their parents. She isn't scared of those bigger than her or presumably meaner than her. She will die protecting those she cares about, even if they are acquaintances at best. She doesn't often think of her own safety when trying to protect those around her. This has ended up with her having more than a few bumps, bruises, and breaks.

Authoritative ~ Annalys is used to being the self appointed leader. She is used to taking care of kids younger than herself. She is used to their rash and bad decisions. She doesn't quite understand that not everyone is like this. She can seem overly bossy, but in truth, she's worried about the bad decisions that could happen to those around her. While living primarily in a low income area, she saw a lot of bad things happen to good kids. She just wants to protect everyone and guide them on a path that will keep them happy, healthy, and good.

Talkative ~ While Annalys has no way to verbally communicate, if you know sign language, she is a whirlwind of talking. It's rare for her to find someone who is well versed in sign language enough to have a full blown conversation with her. She is more than willing to teach, but her patience grows thin when she knows things could be going faster. She has learned to carry a small board around with her for those who can't understand sign language. Like everyone, though, her hands are indeed human and get tired after a while.

Witty ~ When you can understand Annalys, whether it's via writing or by sign, she is a remarkably funny woman. Some things come out of her mouth that people don't expect from what might seem like a shy girl. She prefers, generally, to watch everyone since there are so few that actually can speak "her language". Writing is a hassle for the most part so it's only used when she's in a good mood. She's gotten used to trying to get her point across with charades, but so few are truly good at the game. *tear*

Bleeding Heart ~ Annalys has a rather large, very generous heart. If she sees someone in need, she will be the first to attempt to help them, whether the help is wanted or not. She has has to help those around her. She can't see anyone struggling or in need. She will give the clothes off her back, if they're asked of her.

Daring ~ Annalys grew up in a low income area. She learned to make her own fun and keep herself busy for awhile. While finding her own fun, she learned to be adventurous and find things that might scare others. She took her life in her hands quite a few times. Her daring also includes protecting those she loves or who need her protection. She's gotten her a** handed to her quite a few times to protect those around her. She doesn't mind, though. It's part of the job of being leader.

FAMILY

Father ~ Erik Welles :: Factory Worker

Annalys' father has a hard time showing outward affection. He believes that providing food, shelter, clothes and other needed things is enough of a gesture. He isn't a harsh man, but he is quiet, and thoughtful. He expects a lot of Annalys and tends to be a bit more harsh to her than her siblings. He cares for his daughter just like any father should.

After Annalys' powers surfaced, Erik was shocked to say the least. He was far more accepting of his daughter than his wife was. It was ultimately Erik's decision to send Annalys off into the world, but he keeps in touch with his daughter as best he can.

Mother ~ Laubelle Welles :: Former Factory Worker - Currently Full Time Mother

Annalys' mother is very much the exact opposite of her husband. She married Erik for a stable life. She knew what kind of worker he was and knew that one day, she'd be able to leave their life behind for something much better. She is flighty at best, and selfish at her worst. She has tried to keep out of the factory, not wanting the hard work it would mean. She volunteered Annalys when money began getting tight.

ANNALYS' POWERS PARAGRAPH

Siblings ~ Matthew Welles and Marian Welles

Matthew is only two years younger than Annalys so he was always in her little troup when they went out. Matthew was a small version of their father so his relationship with Annalys was detatched, but it wasn't a bad relationship. They got along very well and generally had each other's back.

Matthew was a bit of a problem when Annalys' powers manifested. He was there the first time she lost control. He got hurt, though none of it was serious, and feels it's his fault his big sister had to leave. He, like his father, keeps in touch with his sister as best he can. He also secretly hopes he gains powers like his big sister.

Marian was the opposite of Annalys and Matthew. She was a crybaby and never strayed far from her mother's skirts. As their mother's favorite, she was spoiled and tended to be the tattletale of the siblings. She was never close with her father and liked to pretend her mother stepped out on her father. She dreamed her father was a prince or some wealthy man and one day he'd come down and sweep them out of this place.

Marian had the worst reaction out of the entire family to Annalys' powers. She pretended to be far more afraid of her older sibling than she really was. She sided with her mother when the decision was being made whether or not to send Annalys away or to keep her here and find a way to gain control. She is as manipulative as her mother. On some level, Marian truly cares about Annalys, but it is hidden under layers and layers of spoiled child.

Pets ~

HISTORY

Annalys was born a normal girl in a normal family in a not-so-poor area of town. She fancied normal girl things and never thought her life would be different. Her father was a worker in a factory and her mother stayed at home and kept children from the neighborhood so the other parents could go to work. It wasn't a bad life, but they didn't have much.

Annalys was generally the oldest of the group and her mother put her in charge of the older kids while she tended to the other children. She took them on adventures, some good and some bad, but life was fun. She was never without company or friends. She always stuck close to their neighborhood, knowing that what lay beyond wasn't familiar. She and the other kids learned the neighborhood like the back of their hand and could be gone for hours just lurking about and finding new things in old spots. Life was incredibly simple.

Annalys' life continued unimpeded by life on the outside. She helped with the children and greeted her father and the other workers once they returned home. There were strange things brewing, however. Annalys' mother sat her down and began talking about womanhood and adulthood. Soon she'd have to leave the nest and go work in the factory, much like her father. She didn't like the idea, but what could she do? Her family needed the money to continue surviving. There was nothing she could do but swallow her fate and hope something happened to where she no longer had to go.

Luck did not smile on her in such a fashion. One day, soon after her fifteenth birthday, her father took her to work with him and soon she worked there too. It was hard, grueling work. She was not a stranger to such work, but when she had done hard work before, it was with the other kids and her mother. Nothing was a chore when she had her friends around. She began feeling funny a month or so after she started working in the factory. Whenever she would speak for long periods of time, her voice would simply.. give out. Her father took her to a doctor once, but they could see nothing wrong with Annalys.

Annalys noticed something else that was.. strange. Whenever she grew angry or upset or simply wanted something, things flew. It was never a conscious thought for her, but it simply.. happened. As her powers grew, her voice diminished. The more control she acquired, the less voice she had until there was nothing left. She learned sign language as a pure necessity from books in at the local library. The factory foreman, afraid that whatever Annalys had caught would spread to the other workers forced her out of the factory. She stayed at home and helped with the children once again.

Her family began struggling with less money and just as many mouths to feed. Annalys was growing every day with an appetite to match. There was word of an academy for people like her, people that could understand what she was going through. She packed up her things and said goodbye to her parents for a new life and hopefully a lot of money~  

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm
POWERS

Telekinesis

Annalys can move objects by mental power alone. Her abilities are currently uncontrolled and generally emotionally driven. This makes her a little bit of a danger because if she gets angry enough, things will begin flying in every direction, not just the direction of her anger. She has tried several times to control her powers, and she can hold onto them for a short period of time, but it's not much, just enough time to get away from the area to somewhere more secluded.

Limitations:

Rookie:

*Can lift 100 lbs collectively raised above her head and 300 lbs to her knees
*Minor control - still a danger when emotional
*Requires both hands as focal point
*Requires full attention
*Can move light objects (1-25 lbs) 100 ft, heavier objects (25-50 lbs) 10 ft
*Can "throw" up to 10 mph
*More likely to strain herself

Sidekick:

*Can lift 250 lbs collectively raised above her head and 700 lbs to her knees
*Better sense of control
*Requires both hands as focal point
*Requires full to most attention
*Can move light objects (1-50 lbs) 500 ft, heavier objects (50-100 lbs) 150 ft
*Can "throw" up to 25 mph
*Still likely to strain herself

Hero/???:
*Can lift 1000 lbs collectively raised above her head and 2,000 lbs to her waist
*Has control
*Requires one hand as focal point
*Can multitask
*Can move light objects (250-500 lbs) 700 ft, heavier objects (500-1000 lbs) 500 ft
*Can "throw" up to 100 mph
*Only strains herself under pressure or extreme weight

Weaknesses:

Focal Point: Annalys requires a focal point to direct her powers. (Mime-ing)

Mute: Annalys is unable to speak due to the fruition of her powers.

Strain: Annalys, at least in the beginning, does not see the difference between her own muscles and the mental muscles she's using. She will wear herself out and even injure herself if she lifts too much. She can also cause herself migraines from concentrating too hard.

HERO TYPE SHENANIGAINS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What does the future hold?

I have two different "final forms" for Annalys in my head. They are completely RP based. If good things happen, she will become Pantomime. If bad things happen, she will become Harlequin.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PANTOMIME is the good hero.

HARLEQUIN is the anti-hero.

MOAR TO COME ON THEM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm
EXTRAS

This is for little extras like pictures of her, different games, whatever.

ASK LYS !!

To jazz things up a bit, I've added a Q and A session with Lys for me to get a feel for her and for you critique-type peoples to have a bit of fun. Do you have a question you want to ask Lys? Are you dying to know her reaction to something? Just ask and you might just get an answer!

"Sounds fun. Ask away, ladies, gents, aliens, future comrades and/or enemies~"  

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am
Hello! 8D
So I have some questions...

On the authoritative trait, how does she judge what are bad decisions and not? What makes her moral-compass the compass that others should follow? What sort of bad/good adventures has she been on that make her so experienced? What kind of leader does she make? Is she intuitive or does she make a lot of mistakes and learn from them?
What is her idea of a happy/healthy/good life?

I get that she's a very giving and caring person, though wouldn't that lead to trusting the wrong people and bad experiences? Where does she get this open heart from? Her mother or father or some other important figure in her life? How does she maintain that outlook under her circumstances?

There's also a bit of continuity that doesn't make sense in her history, she lives in a 'not-so-poor' area of town yet her father's a factory worker? And also you wrote that she grew up in a low income area.

Also, how did she feel about losing her voice? Were her powers genetic or were they caused by the factory somehow? If the latter, why her and why now? How does her family feel about her going to SA and leaving them? And vice versa, how does she feel about leaving her family that is in dire need of financial support? What's her relationship with her parents? What do they think about her powers? There's a lot of unanswered relationship matters here.

And then about her unhappiness about her life predicament, working at the factory etc, you wrote that she has daring. What about trying to change her family's situation by finding ways to improve their lifestyle? Helping out with everyday things is fine and dandy, but it seems like you want her to be more than just that. So shouldn't there be the possibility of her stepping out of the safety zone of what she knows into the unfamiliar of finding an outside solution to their problems? I mean, before she obtained her powers and wanted to go to SA. It just seems like a logical approach to what you've written about her so far, this is just a suggestion.
Would someone daring submit to such a routine?

I hope these questions help you in fleshing her out!

I do like how you've mapped out her abilities precisely through her stages, that's definitely a great thing to have in mind when you're RPing her! And also how you have two possible directions for her.
Anywho, this is all for now. She has potential!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 pm
Woot! I have a crit! *gives Shnazz incentive cookies* <3

All right, so! *scribbles everything down she needs to tweak* I agree with a lot of this stuff and you've pointed out to me a few things that I didn't really notice until I sat down and looked through her profile again. And you've given me a few new angles for her!~

And thank you <3 XD I used to belong to a Marvel science-based roleplay site. They were sticklers for how things had to be. So I learned to keep my answers and powers precise. Aaand yes. I have to admit, though, I'm praying for Harlequin.

*skitters to get started on reworking some things!*  

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 am
So I read over your newly added family descriptions. And I have a few questions again.... lol.

About her mom, how did she know that she could leave her husband for a 'better life'? I don't think I understand that part.
And also about her younger sister, how/why does she care about her older sister if she takes after her mother? How did she develop caring about her if she's used to being spoiled? I get that it's a very covered up inclination, though I'd like to know how that started.  
Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games