A roleplay guild for City of Night and related threads 

Tags: Fantasy, roleplay, horror, adventure, action 

Reply City of NIght Roleplay
Suzita Laroe Public Library

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card!
  Who's Dewey?!
  Arthur!
  Who reads? I just want to use the computer.
  Yay poll!
View Results

DeviAnders
Crew

Distinct Gawker

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 pm
About a thirty minute walk, 10 minutes driving, from District City Hospital stands Suzita Laroe Public Library. It's been around for at least 70 years, if not more. It used to be the home of the woman it was named after. She was a teacher in the public schools of the area and gained popularity because of her fun loving attitude, effective teaching, and willingness to help. Suzita collected books and would let people borrow them as long as the promised to bring them back.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When her health and age started to affect her job, Suzita retired. A few months after, she suffered from a heart attack. She was happy that she made an impact on the city and it's children, but she wanted to make sure those who wanted to continue reading her books could. As she laid in the hospital, she wrote her will and gave her house and vast collection of books and magazines to the city to make into a library. Her relatives got everything else. After signing the paper, she put down her pen, closed her eyes, and let herself drift happily into an ever lasting sleep.

The heads of the city were so grateful for all that she's done, they named the library after her so all can remember her contribution. They redid the interior, but tried to keep as much as they could that same, like the color scheme, so it would still have it's warm homey feeling.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hours:
Monday-Wednesday 8am- 7pm
Thurday-Saturday 8am-9pm
Sunday 10am-4pm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 pm
User Image
So far, it didn't seem like the man was going to stop her. She wasn't sure if he'd 'somehow' show up at the library there. Either way, Hanna started to relax as she walked though the white doors of the library she knew so well. The workers at the desk waved and smiled at her and she greeted them back. She walked over to the new fiction books that were displayed, but nothing really caught her eye. Shrugging, Hanna decided not to be a complete liar and went to check her email on one of the computers in the lab. Her teachers had mailed her asking about her absence. She told them all she had been in the hospital and that she was alright, also not to tell any of her family. They knew her situation and would gladly do as she asked.

Hanna checked some other things, games, social websites, the news, then logged off. She wasn't sure whether she should wait in here a while or go ahead and head back to her apartment. No telling how many phone calls she missed and if her family called, they would have called the police if she didn't answer and have them knock her door down. She reached into her pocket remembering that not only did she have that strange man's card, but Damon's as well. Why was it that lately the people who gave her their cards gave her a bad feeling? She wasn't sure what to think of either of them. Damon might still be with Bells though so she can tell them both that they're okay. Mitchell said he talked to her, but it felt like she might have forgotten. Of course, she didn't know if Alice was busy or not. And she didn't know Hanna at all, so why would she worry. "A great time to be cynical."

She shook her head at herself and grabbed a book that she heard about. "Might as well stick around for a little while," Hanna thought to herself as she sat in her usual chair and started reading.  

DeviAnders
Crew

Distinct Gawker

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm
Priest entered the libraby after about an hour of driving around, he had been lost for quite a while before deciding he didn't need to go the city hall anyway. He'd settled on the library hoping he could find information relevent to what he was looking for. He was still curious as to why the hand had just picked up and left without giving a reason to. Or why nobody would say why, it's worried him a great deal. The hand rarely kept secrets from eachother and when they did it meant that something went terribly wrong somewhere. He sighed as he went to the front desk and looked around for a librarian to point him in the right direction. He muttered to himself in french as he could find nobody around to help him.
He looked around the libraby and looked around for the reference section, maybe he would find some periodicals around there. If he could find some clues in the news from the last decade he might be able to piece together why they hand left so suddenly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 pm
User Image
The beginning of the book was slow, just as many had said it was. She sat there wondering if it would pick up fast. Hanna found herself looking around periodically to see who all was around. Earlier, she saw the librarians go off in the back, probably to the break room. It was pretty slow in here, more than usual. The computer lab was usually packed with people trying to do work or just wasting time a way.

A tall man walked to the front desk and seemed a little upset that no one was there to help. Still not drawn into the book, she decides to approach him. "Hello sir," Hanna said quietly, not wanting to disturb any of the few people reading and studying, "Do you need some help finding anything?" Maybe the workers thought it was safe enough to take a break since she was there. It's not like they haven't before. "A warning would have been nice though. What if I was into my book and didn't notice?"  

DeviAnders
Crew

Distinct Gawker

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 am
Priest was surprised to hear someone approach him, he turned to face her,"Ehm, I'm just looking for the periodicals." he responded to her. He took a moment to study the newcomer, She looked like a student, she looked young, "Ah but where are my manners, Call me Priest." he said politely. He said offering up an introduction, "I am the new padre at the Saint Luthers of Innocence church." he said to the girl. He figured if the girl was offering to help he may as well make use of it. "I'm hoping it won't be too much trouble but do you think you can help me find any periodicals or news article on the church from the last decade or so, perhaps?" he asked her politely. He watched for a reaction as he asked hoping that in the least she wouldn't question it too much.

He found that too many people in this city were far to prepared to question every possible actions motive. It made it harder for him to work in peace and get down to what he really needed to do. He wondered what made everybody who lived here so jumpy and paranoid. He wondered if most people who lived here were on some level aware of the large number of supernaturals, or if the supernaturals that existed just had that effect on people. He supposed it didn't really matter that much why just as long as he alway stuck to his seconday purpose he supposed,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 am
User Image
She tried her best not to laugh loudly, but there was still a giggle in her voice as she spoke, "Hello Priest. Not to be disrespectful, Father, isn't it? But...the name and being apart of the church? Living up to the name, huh?" She shook her head at herself and moved her hair from her face with a nervous smile, "I'm sorry. Surely you get it a lot. I'm Hanna, if you care to know. Periodicals are this way."

Heading to the section with the encyclopedias, she rolled her eyes at herself. "Hell of a way to talk to a religious leader. I know I'm not, but jeez. Hope he doesn't see my strange sense of humor as a demon or something. I'd hate to be exorcised in the library. Those seem to get really loud. Just could bot help but comment on it...."

Hanna stopped by a little directory computer at the end of a shelf, "This should help you find what you need. If the information isn't in the system, it'll print a little piece of paper to tell you where it is on the shelves behind you or say there's nothing on the word search here. If the librarians don't show back up, you can ask me to help you again."

With a little wave, she left him and went back to her chair to read. "I don't why all these people are making me feel uneasy. I've never felt this way, well, not as much as I have recently...." Sighing, she tried to focus on the book.  

DeviAnders
Crew

Distinct Gawker

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

120Damian120

Skilled Tactician

16,100 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 pm
Daniel Hart

Dan reappeared in the library and took a deep breath "it might not be fresh air but its an improvement from underground" he muttered. he walked over to the ancient books he figured the only way to become stronger was to find a new rune he had given up on the flame rune he searched for years with no success so he decided to search for another. he pulled out an old book that had not been read in awhile dan could tell by the thick layer of dust on it. dan opened the book and started reading as he read through he started to decipher it "so... this means leaf... and... then this is the symbol for... earth... then..." it went on for awhile until he discovered the location "DIMPLE PARK!!" he exclaimed. and continued to read to uncover more about the exact location

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm
Priest smiled and chuckled a little bit, "Ah, need need for formalitiesm Priest is fine. I travel a lot, so it's just a nickname I've picked up over the years." he asnwered. He was used to getting that kind of a response. It wasn't even that he had a problem with people knowing his real name, he was just so used to people calling him, 'Priest' it felt wrong to get called his real name. "Ah, merci," he responded as he followed her to the periodical section.

He looked around the place a little bit letting it sink in, there seemed to be a lot of books and material. "Ah, thank you. This will be most helpful." he sad to her as he looked at the little computer. "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind." he said to her as he went to the computer and began typing in relevant information to what he was looking for.

As he he started to get deeper into his research he could hear somebody yelling something about a park. He shook his head a little bit and wondered what would be so exciting in a library that somebody would be shouting.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

120Damian120

Skilled Tactician

16,100 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 pm
Daniel Hart
Daniel continued through the book finding bits and pieces here and there until he reached some vital information "its the thunder rune" he muttered as he lookef over some old drawings "well thats it" he said closing the book then putting it away "to dimple park" he said as he drew a rune and vanished

((continued in dimple park))

City of NIght Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff