Submit

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 pm
Things were almost certainly -not- okay. She hadn't been feeling well as of late. Usually it wasn't bad enough to distract her from her training, but today was different. She felt such a gutwrenching feeling deep in her abdomen, that she had assumed had something to do with the fact that she was getting plump.

Damn it, so she was sick, and fat. That was just great. She had been working as hard as she usually did, if not harder. How she was gaining weight she wasn't sure. She groaned, her sickly feeling not fading like she had hoped. She had taken a break from her work for hte day, excusing herself to the comfort of her den. Hopefully she would feel better after she had rested for a bit. She had nothing more she could do besides hope, anyway.

"Life sucks sometimes." She said with a slight pout. She had that.. feeling she knew what was wrong. But she was sure it was impossible for her to be in such a state. There was no way that she was .. pregnant... Right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:55 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Maktaba padded into the den a short time later, surprised to see her taking a nap so early in the day. Or at all. Generally she was too busy, training or with something else, to be resting and he wondered immediately if she was feeling unwell.

"Dear?"

He walked to her, tilting his head and dipping his head down to nuzzle her gently.

"Are you alright?"

The older lion sat down near her, watching her with concern etched on his kind, warm features. He was kind on the best day, but if she was feeling bad then he would bend over backwards to take care of her. That was probably a bad thing, if she was concerned she was pregnant. He would be more than overbearing in his worry and fretting, and would likely not let her lift a paw for anything.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm
Lithia_Brandon

She padded into the den, plopping down against the stone earth before closing her eyes. She took a deep breath, sighing and feeling her stomach churn again. Though she noticed that the sickly feeling abated once she relaxed. She took a deep breath, and began to drift off.

It didn't seem like she had been sleeping that long when Maktaba's voice and gentle touch brought her back to reality. She blinked a bit, yawning before looking up at her mate. He was a gentle soul, though he had the fire inside him that it took to do his job. She was much younger than he was, but she never really paid it any mind. She didn't care about age, it made no difference to her.

"Maktaba." She said with a smile, and nodded.

"I'm okay.. I think anyways. I'm still feeling all...pooey." She said, and pouted a little. He was used to her expressions by now, as she had a.. very youthful way of putting things into perspective.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Maktaba looked guilty, and nosed her cheek tenderly before he settled down next to her, head still slightly tilted.

"Perhaps we have been working too hard, then. You should rest today, and maybe you will feel better tomorrow, my Dear."

He would go out and get her some food when she was feeling up to it, and bring some water back in a skin, so she didn't have to go out. He was sure it was because they had been training so hard recently. With the God of Chivalry returning things were a bit out of sorts, with rumors of the King being part God himself, that Tindika was the same King that had been murdered. There was a lot of unrest with the druids, as well.

And that never made Tindika feel anything but on edge. He needed to keep an eye on them, but he wouldn't sacrifice her health for it!

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Dearbhail may not have wanted to believe what was going on inside her. But she had that sinking suspicious feeling that made her almost as nauseous just thinking about it. She knew nothing of pregnancy and cubs. She knew nothing of being a mother, or even how to be a great role model. She knew fighting, combat, and training. It's all she knew how to do.

"I've felt this way for days, Maktaba.. Days! It's starting to irritate the hell out of me." She looked down at her belly, and rolled her eyes. What she should have been doing was working harder apparently. Too bad her body had other ideas.

"And I'm getting fat. The world hates me." She sighed, and rolled onto her side so that she was looking up at her mate. A wiser lioness would have figured out her situation. However, she was still pretty new to the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

"You're not getting fat, Dearest," he said, chuckling. He glanced at her, though, on instinct and saw that she was a bit rounder around the middle than he had seen her before. He hadn't noticed until she pointed it out to him, and he blinked in wonder.

How could that be? She was one of the most active lions he had ever seen.

"Well, perhaps we should get a healer, then. If you've felt so ill for so long. We could have someone come to the den, and take a look at you. I could go to the castle dens, even, and ask for their healer."

He would do it, if she asked him to, or if he felt she needed him to. He didn't like the idea of her being sick for so long. He was an idiot when it came to these things. He had cubs from a previous encounter with someone, but he had not witnessed any of this.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 pm
Lithia_Brandon

When he spoke, she sighed again and then rolled back over to her belly. She looked at him with worry in her hazel eyes. She didn't need a healer, odds are they would tell her exactly what her worst fear was. Then it would be official, and then she would be forced to believe it.

"What.. What if I were to.. I don't know.. Maybe turn out to be pregnant?" She asked, sort of batting around asking the question. She was honestly afraid of his answer, but it would help her in accepting what she was almost positive of.

"What would we do, do you think?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Maktaba stared at her for a long, silent moment, his expression blank. One could almost hear the gears in his brain grinding slowly to a stop, and almost see the smoke rising from his ears from the sudden shut down.

He blinked, though, to indicate that he was still functioning.

"If you were... you think you're... oh. Oh heavens."

He cleared his throat and shook his head, his mane poofing up and then settling back down as he preened himself distractedly. He nuzzled licked his paw a few times and patted down the top of his mane until his head looked flat and his nerves had not settled at all.

"I would be very happy," he said with a smile, looking at her with his decision. "and we would have to change how we did things. But.. I mean... do you want to... I mean. If you were pregnant, ah. Is that... something you want? A family... with me?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 pm
Lithia_Brandon

When she asked the question, her eyes had been fixed on him as she gauged his reaction. Though his reaction was pretty clear, as he stared at her for a long moment before he began speaking. It was to be expected really, she would have done that too.

"Well, I'm not sure. So.. I don't know. But it would make sense..Right?" She believed it would make sense, and she felt her heart beat as if it were going to explode from her chest.

Then he continued speaking and she felt a soft smile spread across her features. She had never really thought of having cubs, not really. But his reaction had been happy. That was something she wasn't sure she expected.

"I don't know. I've never really thought about it." She said, but then she caught herself and shook her head. "I mean.. Now that I am?" She looked back up at him and smiled nervously.

"Now that I am thinking about it. I don't think there would be anything more amazing." She was terrified saying the words actually. But his response had quelled the fear that had been settling in her belly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:03 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

"Nothing more amazing... yes, that is a good sentiment," he chuckled and scooted closer to her, nuzzling against her lovingly.

"I will have to take care of you now, though," he said, growing serious as he watched her, "you will have to take it much easier, so you don't feel so ill and you don't hurt the babies or yourself. I don't want you out training or trying to hunt down any intruders or druids, do you understand?"

He looked very serious about that, though that wasn't surprising in the slightest. He was a good lion and a kind mate, but he was going to be impossibly sheltering now that he knew she was carrying their cubs. It explained her illness and her pudginess, and he didn't doubt that was the cause now.

Maktaba did take a moment to smile at her though, reassuring as if he could read her mind and see her doubts. "You will be an excellent mother."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm
Lithia_Brandon

When he scooted against her, she nuzzled him in return and felt herself growing a bit more excited about the prospect. She had never expected she would be a mother. Her lifestyle was slightly more dangerous and usually the Slayers weren't parents.

"That would be fun." She chuckled, but the more she thought about she frowned. "Oh my god, but terribly boring. How long do I go without training?" She sighed again. She was feeling terribly melancholy today. She wondered if that had something to do with cubs as well.

"Are you sure? How are you sure? Should I be sure?" She asked, her eyebrows shooting up as she looked to him.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:26 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Maktaba could only imagine what it would be like, having a family with her. He nuzzled her and closed his eyes, just trying to picture cubs of their own.

It was a difficult thing to see. He hoped they didn't get too much from him, or they would be hopeless. That wasn't fair, but he had a low opinion of himself. He hoped they were more like their mother, strong and fair and determined.

Mother and father. The idea made him smile.

"Not too long. Just until the cubs are born, and a little while after. I can take care of them, I think, as much as you can. But when they are young they'll need their mother. And I'm sure you'll be an excellent mother because I can see the love in you, and I know how caring you are. I think when you see them, you'll be sure."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas