Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm
Samishai
Samishai had been willing to trust the oracle who had come to get her. She apparently had been blessed with being immune, against all odds. Perhaps it was the blessing of her goddess mother, though Samishai somehow doubted it. At the time, the offer to teach her how to use the seer abilities her mother's blood gave her had been so exciting. She had had no indication of such abilities, and thought perhaps joining the new pride and being taught might mean that it would appear. Sadly, it had not been so. She'd grown from a lanky teen to an elegant young adult, and still nothing had happened. No dreams that were more than dreams, no flashes of insight, no swooning fits. Nothing that could possibly be construed as a vision.

She had been growing concerned, but her mentor had gently and firmly counseled her to be patient. This was not an easy task, but she applied herself fervently to coming to peace with herself, inside and out. As time wore on, she found serenity, and made herself useful in small tasks around the pride. Her life became a simple but fulfilling pleasure. But as she watched the mists lighten with dawn one mellow morning, everything changed.

Durian:
Mornings were pleasant here...

The sun broke through the mists slowly so there was no sudden glare of sunlight into the eyes of a resting lion, no wave of heat, and no flurry of activity. With the moisture in the air, he never found himself waking with an unpleasantly dry mouth or throat. He rather liked waking to the golden light being filtered through the swirling mists, the constant sound of the surrounding falls, and the soft humming of the Magi not too far away.

He sighed to himself and pushed his body up from the cool stone floor of his den. There were plenty to go around, many still remained empty with only small transcripts etched onto the walls to give the new occupants any clue as to the identity of the former owner. It was a sad reality, but one that served as a powerful reminder.

Stretching himself out and shaking the gathered dew from his mane, Durian emerged from his den and took a long, sweeping look around himself. His visions came from the clouds. The shape, the position, the way they moved...and what was mist but a cloud prowling the earth?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm
Samishai
She preferred to rise early, to gaze at the new day as it was born. Perhaps this is why this was the time her first vision came to her as the sunbeams lit the fog with warm yellow light. Of a sudden, as if it rose up between her and the brightening mists, a face appared. It was a male, not one of the pride, nor anyone she recognized. Time seemed to slow, her racing heart slowed to a more normal rhythm. Deep emerald eyes gazed out of a face so darkly blue that it reminded her of an evening sky, just before the last of the light faded. A smattering of yellow freckles did not mask that he was weary and worn. She drew breath, a measured thing through the slowing of time, rather than the gasp it should have been.

But the face was gone, before she could think what it might mean. Instead of the face, or the sunny mists, she saw the edge of the pride's border that she herself had crossed. The view she had, though, was not of coming in, but of going out, as if she looked through her own eyes as she was leaving. Why would she leave?

Caught in the confusion this stirred, she was released from what could only be a proper, real vision. Time flowed properly again, and the rest of her gasp sucked into her lungs hard enough to make her cough. What... her spinning mind made no sense of it, her heart hammered in her chest, and her entire body shook. She had to find her mentor. Now. Half blind with shock, she turned to stumble towards the dens, only able to think of where he slept as a place he might be.

Durian
In the lioness' haste she nearly bowled into the older male. He took a few steps back and to one side to avoid her frantic charge, his eyes going wide and mane standing up on end where it met his shoulders. He'd never seen the female in such a rush. The look in her eyes was a haunted one and the frantic panting had him concerned.

Daring a slow step closer he lowered his head and regarded Samishai carefully. "Is...something wrong?"

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm
Samishai
She looked up after he dodged as if just now seeing him. Her pupils were enlarged, leaving only a thin rim of orange. Her mind still swirled, but his steady gaze made her aware that she needed that serenity she'd been working so hard on. She took a shuddering breath, closed her eyes, and used the exercises she'd taken as a habit. Her heart slowed, and her ears and whiskers relaxed. When she no longer felt like the world was reeling beneath her paws, she opened her eyes again, her pupils nearly the correct size again, though her expression was still frightened and worried.

"Durian," she began, still sounding breathless, "it has happened. It has happened, and oh, I don't know what it means!" She began to fret, worry creasing her forehead and making her fidget. As much as she knew she was working herself up again, it was nearly impossible to keep from it. She had been told that her first vision would be a shock, that she should not be scared, but experiencing it firsthand was very different than merely hearing about it, or watching someone else go through it. She fought the rise of loneliness that swept behind her fear. She was not alone, even if she was unrelated to anyone here. They were her family now just as much as her very large family back in Kitwana'antara. Besides, what would she do? Her mother had little to do with her or the pride, and her father was dead. This was her place in the world. She again met her mentor's eyes, her expression pleading. "Oh, what do I do?"

Durian:
Durian the lioness compose herself, his eyes leery and his posture still tensed. It took some time for him to relax as well but he'd never seen a lion react that way. Perhaps something had attacked the border or spooked her through the course of the night. It was very hard to say but given the somber nature of his own visions, he wouldn't be suprised.

He frowned as the lioness explained...somewhat. She was rushed in her explanation. He raised a paw and made a subtle motion for her to slow down. The poor thing was going to worry herself into a hole at this pace.

"Calm down... now take a deep breath, sit if you must." He lowered his paw and tilted his head. "What...happened? Explain."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 pm
Samishai
She followed his advice to sit. It helped her feel more stable and grounded, silly though that might be. It nearly made her feel like a cub again, frightened and needing comfort for something that shouldn't have been scary. She took the prescribed deep breath as well, then described what she had seen. It occurred to her that no feelings, no sound, nothing more than what she could physically see had appared in her vision. They had trained her to notice this, to take it into account when examining what was seen.

Falling back on what she had been taught helped steady and calm her. This frantic intensity was not at all like the normal her, so finding herself calming was very reassuring. It helped her to regain even more of her normal serenity. She swallowed after her narrative, but spoke the worry that remained, despite the slowing of her heartrate. "Why would it show me leaving the pride? I won't be sent away, will I?"

Durian
Durian listened, his eyes narrowed and his ears pinned back. He would resemble an owl somewhat, sitting with his head down and his eyes sharp. It was...strange. An odd vision, nothing like those that he had. His had more shape, form, more of a flow. The symbols, however, were harder to pick apart and give life to. To give reason to.

"First... you saw the face of a stranger you said. One that you did not recognize." He pointed out. "You remembered the details of his features very well- this individual is important. Your vision was etching him into your mind. If you saw him again... you might recognize him right?"

He eyed her for a moment then continued on his train of thought. "Perhaps...this individual needs to be found. Perhaps that is why you saw yourself leaving... he may need you the way you needed your mentor."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 pm
Samishai
She waited patiently and attentively for her mentor's response. She deeply respected the older male, and valued his teachings. Right now, she greatly valued his insight. She nodded silently and thoughtfully as he pointed out how specific the vision had been concerning the strange male. Yes indeed she could recognize him, should she meet him. For a moment she wondered if he was meant to come here, to the pride. A new oracle, perhaps?

But his next words startled her. Not in a sharp, shocking way, as the vision had. But his conclusion had two points that were unepected. Firstly, she did not wish to leave. This was her home, and she was a devout homebody. She roamed the inner areas of the pride, knew them very well at this point, and loved every inch of the territory. To leave it... even willing, it dismayed her.

But his second part of the conclusion further was a surprise. She had never thought of anyone needing her. She was an oracle, granted, but one who had never been of any use to anyone else. She was quiet, minded her own matters, and dedicated herself faithfully to heeding all her mentor could teach her. That someone else would need her was unfathomable.

"You think... he needs me?" She dwelt upon that for a few moments. If this was true, if there was some way she could help this stranger, she and noone else, then her path was clear. It still pained her to consider leaving this sheltered home, but her heart would not let her deny the bidding of this strange vision. "What you say has the ring of truth," she admitted quietly, her head bowed as one who accepts a grave responsibility. "It seems that my time has come, to let my visions direct my steps." Usually this wasn't such a literal phrase, but this time... this time, it had all new meaning to Samishai.

Durian
"He might." Durian considered his words very, very carefully. She was given a vision of a male... a strong image. One that had obviously left an impression on her. If she could remember this individual with such clarity, perhaps she was meant to look for him. To remember his features.

"The gods give us these visions. They give us these images, these gifts. This is their way of speaking through us, of guiding us." He smiled a little and motioned upwards. "They know the road already. You have to trust that they won't lead you astray. Perhaps this lion... perhaps he will be of importance to us. To you."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:40 pm
Samishai
There seemed no time like the present. Despite her private misgivings about leaving Mistwalker lands, she tended to have little difficulty proceeding once her mind was made up. It was how she had managed leaving behind her old pride and making herself a part of this one, after all. This was merely another chance for this to work in her favor. She firmed her jaw and raised her head, whiskers spread with something akin to excitement. "Then I shall go," she said simply, rising to her paws. "I will go now, while the vision is still fresh. I will not delay doing what the gods have shown me is my task." That would be folly indeed! Who knew what kind of disaster such defiance or laziness might bring down upon them. "Will you tell the others," she asked him earnestly, then paused before continuing in a quieter, anxious voice, "and will you watch for my return?" A fear still quivered in the back of her mind, that she would not return. Somehow it was a comfort to think of the other oracles, most especially her mentor, waiting for her to come back.

She did not keep possessions, nor need anything for the trip. Therefore, she turned from him, her mind and heart full, and took the path that led outwards, into the wild, unknown roguelands.

Durian
Durian smiled softly and gave her a short nod of his head. He understood on a level that most lions couldn't. He too received visions, some made very little sense and sometimes they revealed themselves at great strife to himself and to those around him. It's what had driven him from his pride... what had cost him years of his life. She was wise to follow up on them now.

"I will be on the border. If need be, I will alert a patron to ensure that you return to a safe place."

He rose to his paws and nudged her shoulder. "Go. Follow your road."

Samishai
She did not keep possessions, nor need anything for the trip. Therefore, she turned from him, her mind and heart full, and took the path that led outwards, into the wild, unknown roguelands.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces