Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
It's all on purpose. It makes it seem more desirable and creates artificial demand.
Pretty much. I'm sure they have Top Men that can calculate how many to put in stores from month to month to keep the demand high enough while still making a good amount of money.

I don't really care either way right now anyway. I got mine preordered (barely, I'd be singing a different tune if I'd been to the store two hours later).

[Kegan]
What do people think the chances are of a gamecube VC?

An enhanced virtual console would be nice. Something like an actual virtual console, like, a console you and your distant buddies could virtually play on together. Virtual multiplayer, basically. Wouldn't that be neat?

I'm sure there's enough power to run some decade old games plus have online.

Maybe you could even use the gamepad as a reaction cam to talk to octoG with. That would eat up more processor power, though.

What do you think the chances are of some companies opting out of use of the gamepad, when it's not doing anything, to deliver a stronger overall experience? Yeah, I don't see it happening either.
That's what I'm hoping for, too. GameCube VC games seems like a no-brainer to me and I'm sure we'll see that roll out before too long.

I've been wanting the online multiplayer for VC games forever. I really thought they would do it on the Wii but Nintendo seems to forget online sometimes because in Japan, it's not nearly as big.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 pm
Jaycorn
Omg Kegan I've wanted old games to be made playable online FOREVER. It would be so great!

I think Wayne and I spent like an entire night once trying to get a SNES emulator to allow us to play a game together across countries. Didn't work, obviously. I'm still not 100% sure if it's possible to get an emulator to work that way.

Also Gamecube VC would be rad but I have no idea what the chances are.

We did. Kirby Superstar. We even downloaded some weird program that didn't really do anything. I have an idea as to another thing we could try, though.  

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm
Some games might be nice with an HD remake. A lot of games like Wind Waker or Viewtiful Joe would have aged well, but the up-scaling might still look bad.

Buuut, I also think they'd ask for like 40-50 dollars, which seems unreasonable for a retexturing, especially if it's digital goods. As you may well know, I am one of those folks who thinks digital goods should be at least 10 dollars cheaper. Since, you know, production costs are lower and there is no retail middle man.

I'll probably not get a Wii-U until I have replaced this CRT.

HD games can look so terrible on small screens. My firend had a medium sized screen and this game called "Last revenant" or something, and it was choc-ful-o-text that was impossible to read because the game was made for big screens.

Plus my TV(More accurately called "the TV in my room.") cuts off an inch in every direction, probably so that the screen seemed bigger in the store. It's kinda a piece of s**t, but since I hate TV atleast it hasn't developed burnt out areas.

AAAAALSO: @ Wayne and Jazzy, I once tried to get an emulator that would allow online link cable functionality, so I could play pokemon crystal with friends. It didn't work sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm
Waynebrizzle

I have an idea as to another thing we could try, though.

Omg are you serious xd  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 pm
According to Wikipedia, Nintendo has said that some GCN titles will be available on Wii U eShop. Wikipedia, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm
I want Pikmin 3 3nodding  

kirbachu

Hilarious Friend

6,175 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm
Gamecube VC games is the rumor going around. Also, Gamestops have demo units in with videos of a ton of games, and a demo of Rayman Legends with co-op play which is a ton of fun if you take a friend along. I might actually end up picking that up now, which is probably what Nintendo was aiming for.

There's a single stage (one of the ones you saw a lot in other live demos) with either simple co-op or one person playing and one person controlling Murphy as well as a single-player rhythm stage to "Black Betty," "covered" humorously. It's very similar to BIT.TRIP RUNNER but a lot less frustrating.

If anyone has any questions, I might be able to answer them but I think these are pretty prevalent at Gamestops.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:17 am
Awhile ago i got to try the wiiu early! but now i heard they're going to start having it at best buy and gamestop for people to try.  

Lovely-Madoka

Timid Businesswoman

4,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 pm
Lovely-Madoka
Awhile ago i got to try the wiiu early! but now i heard they're going to start having it at best buy and gamestop for people to try.
Did you get to go to one of the demo events in a big city? What games did you get to try?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 pm
Meta_Fish
Lovely-Madoka
Did you get to go to one of the demo events in a big city? What games did you get to try?

Yeah, I played Heros 101 (only one no one ran toofirst), Chase mario (one mini game on nintendo land) and the super marios thats coming out for the wiiu. Also i got to try the 3ds XL but i like my normal 3ds better then it because the og 3ds is much lighter.  

Lovely-Madoka

Timid Businesswoman

4,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 pm
Oh god Nintendo PLEASE bring Advance Wars to Wii U, that snazzy tablet controller could do wonders for that series!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 pm
this digital knight guy. get him a job at nintendo!

its been awhile we are due for a advanced wars game.

3-d battle animations, varying levels of intensity.

massive maps.

online battle.

massive multi directional story (basically different endings to add some replay value.)

and map builder.

i'd would want it soooo much.  

Xilo The Odd

shadowmoon522

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm
Meta_Fish
Gamecube VC games is the rumor going around. Also, Gamestops have demo units in with videos of a ton of games, and a demo of Rayman Legends with co-op play which is a ton of fun if you take a friend along. I might actually end up picking that up now, which is probably what Nintendo was aiming for.

There's a single stage (one of the ones you saw a lot in other live demos) with either simple co-op or one person playing and one person controlling Murphy as well as a single-player rhythm stage to "Black Betty," "covered" humorously. It's very similar to BIT.TRIP RUNNER but a lot less frustrating.

If anyone has any questions, I might be able to answer them but I think these are pretty prevalent at Gamestops.

yeah i played that ray-man running lv at a game stop. pretty fun, but a little to easy.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff