Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm
'Cause I'm sick of the no-software-you'll-actually-use-is-available-on-your-outdated-Mac bullshit, and I have a feeling I'll need (or at least heavily desire for ease of use) some kind of drafting software in college, considering my will-be major of mechanical engineering. So, as much as I loathe the Windows operating system overall, I think I should invest in a reasonable laptop model soon. xp

I found one on Amazon that's pretty decent for $600. It's not particularly fancy or anything, but its stats are good for the price range, and from the reviews I've read Toshiba is a very reliable brand.
I could have it by March if I stash away $50 every two weeks (my whole allowance, basically), and that's assuming that I will not receive any cash whatsoever at Christmas, which is highly unlikely. I usually get about $100-250 from various family at Christmas. And my parents would most likely chip in a good amount toward it during the holidays, too, especially if they knew it was for school/future career. So I might get it even as soon as December/January, which would be nice for my final robotics Spring season that actually requires a lot of CAD work...

Then, I can start saving for the real expense — professional-grade drafting software. twisted AutoCAD alone is normally twice the cost of the actual computer. O.O  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Ah AutoCAD, I had so much fun using that software in my Engineering class back in high school. Whenever I had free time, I would go to the classroom and make ship designs.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items