Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where people learning languages or studying linguistics can come to discuss and hang out! 

Tags: language, linguistics, polyglot, linguist, foreign languages 

Reply The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild
Turkish and Azerbaijani

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CJTURK

Quotable Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:31 pm
Hey guys, just found about you guys. You'll be pleased to learn that you now how have a Turkish and Azerbaijani speaker in your guild (though not sure how many people will actually be learning those in particular), but regardless, I bid you, my fellow and aspiring polyglots hello, and hope that you'd do the same to bid me welcome.

Also, learning Japanese if anyone wants to generate a discussion, though I'm only a novice of four weeks. May not be a lot of time, but I've learned a lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 pm
CJTURK
Hey guys, just found about you guys. You'll be pleased to learn that you now how have a Turkish and Azerbaijani speaker in your guild (though not sure how many people will actually be learning those in particular), but regardless, I bid you, my fellow and aspiring polyglots hello, and hope that you'd do the same to bid me welcome.

Also, learning Japanese if anyone wants to generate a discussion, though I'm only a novice of four weeks. May not be a lot of time, but I've learned a lot.

I would love to learn Turkish and Azerbaijani, actually! So if you want to create lesson threads, please do!
That said, hello and welcome. We have Japanese chat threads going already, hidden away in the East Asia subforum for all levels of proficiency. Check them out!

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

CJTURK

Quotable Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm
Shizuka Mizu
CJTURK

I would love to learn Turkish and Azerbaijani, actually! So if you want to create lesson threads, please do!
That said, hello and welcome. We have Japanese chat threads going already, hidden away in the East Asia subforum for all levels of proficiency. Check them out!

Good to hear! I'm actually gonna start a series of video lessons some time in the future when I can get myself situated. The lessons will mostly be Turkish as I'm more comfortable writing it than Azerbaijani. But trust me, this pair is one of those "If you can speak one, you can speak the other scenarios," scenarios as seen in Spanish and Italian. I appreciate the war welcome and look forward to learning with you and the rest of the Forum. Hey, I may even do skype lessons if anyone willing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm
CJTURK
Shizuka Mizu
CJTURK

Good to hear! I'm actually gonna start a series of video lessons some time in the future when I can get myself situated. The lessons will mostly be Turkish as I'm more comfortable writing it than Azerbaijani. But trust me, this pair is one of those "If you can speak one, you can speak the other scenarios," scenarios as seen in Spanish and Italian. I appreciate the war welcome and look forward to learning with you and the rest of the Forum. Hey, I may even do skype lessons if anyone willing.

Yeah, I assumed as much.
Once upon a time I had a dinner with an Iranian family that made a meal they said was learned from friends in Azerbaijan. I was kind of young, so I don't remember what it was, nor did I really fully understand what all that meant, but nowadays, I've always been interested in the food; I've always wanted to find that meal again.
Anyway! Skype lessons sound like fun! Just don't overdo it. We shouldn't want you to disappear from too much to do.

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

frozennight

3,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 pm
I love Azerbaijani, and will be sure to devour any resources you create for learning the language. There, unfortunately, are not very many.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:46 pm
frozennight
I love Azerbaijani, and will be sure to devour any resources you create for learning the language. There, unfortunately, are not very many.

Part of this stems from Azerbaijani's similarity to modern-day Turkish in a "they might as well be the same thing" grouping among linguists. I'd be more than happy to provide lessons. I don't really have an accent when I speak it, but I do speak in real proper fashion as to not deviate from conventional understandings into slang (though I'm certainly not a stranger to the slang itself). May I ask why you're interested in learning it?  

CJTURK

Quotable Hunter

The Polyglot's and Linguist's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces