Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Had a totally awesome day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadowed doesn't get to see her brother so often these days
  but it's nice when she does.
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am
My brother invited Mama and I over to his place for lunch & family board game day with him and his fiance. I got all dressed up just for fun (I look so gorgeous). When we got there they surprised me with a book I've been wanting to get so badly for ages. Lunch was delicious and we spent hours chatting and playing games. I actually won at Scrabble for once.
It was so great, I'm feeling really good right now.
Just wanted to share that. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 am
YAY biggrin
i know how that is... my bro lives in Costa rica...
I've recently gotten to see him for four days *haven't seen him in 5 yrs, it was for my gramps memorial, but was awesome...
there is something about seeing your brother that makes you feel right in the world  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 am
i'm glad to hear you had a fun day. :3
what book did you get?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:48 pm
Im not the biggest fan of scrabble, but I love speed scrabble (like banagrams)

There is no board and each person starts with 7 tiles, you flip them and try and spell any number of words in a connected crossword. When someone has used all thier letters in a crossword set. the they say go then you all take a letter until someone has used all 8 (you can break and reorder your words/letters at anytime, otherwise rules for words are the same as scrabble).

Its over when the last letter is gone and the first person to use thier last letter wins.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm
BlueCowGirl
YAY biggrin
i know how that is... my bro lives in Costa rica...
I've recently gotten to see him for four days *haven't seen him in 5 yrs, it was for my gramps memorial, but was awesome...
there is something about seeing your brother that makes you feel right in the world
I'm glad you got to see your bro again. It's great when you're close with them and get along.
Mine doesn't live that far away, only about half an hour down the highway, but he lost his license recently so it makes it a bit harder. I can't imagine not seeing him for something like 5 years, that must be pretty rough.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:40 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
what book did you get?
Thanks!
Bake, the big Australian Woman's Weekly cookbook full of delicious, delicious recipes for baked goods. It's huge, has tips for just about everything, really great recipes... it's normally really expensive though, the hardcover version is around $70. He got me the softcover version, so it was probably a little cheaper but I'm not sure how much.

gdapw
I've never played that, it sounds like fun!
We also played Scattergories and Taboo.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:46 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
what book did you get?
Thanks!
Bake, the big Australian Woman's Weekly cookbook full of delicious, delicious recipes for baked goods. It's huge, has tips for just about everything, really great recipes... it's normally really expensive though, the hardcover version is around $70. He got me the softcover version, so it was probably a little cheaper but I'm not sure how much.

gdapw
I've never played that, it sounds like fun!
We also played Scattergories and Taboo.

talk2hand NZWW is better.... (actually Im a fan of neither its just not my style)

Its super easy to learn but a fun challenge.

I love Scattergories...taboo...is okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 pm
gdapw

talk2hand NZWW is better.... (actually Im a fan of neither its just not my style)

Its super easy to learn but a fun challenge.

I love Scattergories...taboo...is okay.

I've never actually read the magazines, but their recipe books are outstanding.

I like Taboo better when I'm playing on a team with Georgia or Lara. If I can't basically use 90% references and inside jokes my brain just refuses. xD
Scattergories is pretty fun, I've ony played it twice including yesterday.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

thedenomerator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Board games are the best favorite things. I am great at Scrabble. I visited some in-laws who have a trip to the beach every year. I won two Scrabble games in a row, coming from behind both times. I don't suppose it is that much of a feat, considering the current best player from that family is in her late 80s. But, then again, they're all actually pretty competitive and better than average at playing.

Taboo, Bananagrams, Scattergories... if I've ever played it, I've probably liked it.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games