Words could not describe the level of boredom she had reached. Which was probably why she had caught that fish and was just sitting here staring at it. It was slowly decaying in the sun, drying out and becoming inedible. But she hadn't tried catching it to eat it. She wasn't as fond of fish as some, she preferred land game. But she knew that her father would scold her for the waste if he was to see her. She also knew, that she didn't give a rats a** what her father thought when it came to petty things such as this. She gave him the respect he required, but other than that, Bonni was her own lioness.

She had begun thinking of other things she could do.. Things to keep her mind entertained. But she never got too far into thinking because she had been hitting seagulls away from her catch for awhile now. Sea gulls irritated her. She wished she could kill them, and just get it over with. But killing a seagull took a lot of skill, and if Bonni went after one, another would take the fish. She'd be damned if they would get that fish.

-

Jakk was trying to learn his new name. Sparrow was something he hadn't picked himself, and at first he had wondered why he hadn't been given the name of.. Something stronger. Like Sharkfin, or Rhino. He had been given the title of Sparrow, which had made him flick his ears back at the time. Weren't Sparrows weak, silly little birds that flitted along without a care in the world?

"Bah." He grumbled. "At least I have a name. If I was weak, I'd have nothing." Though he did think of his half-brother Yellowbelly.. That was a name he wasn't too sure he would have been happy with. He probably would have fought that one.. Yeah, he supposed in the scheme of things, Sparrow wasn't so bad.

Life was simple for Jakk. He never really had to do anything, besides training these days. His father did most of that, and his mother did most of the pampering. Though Jakk liked the pampering, he preferred to spend time with his father. He liked his dad, he was a tough brute.

Though in his thoughts, he had managed to nearly walk right into the lioness that Pirato had bore. She was a pretty little thing. He had checked her out a few times before. But she was definitely one he was not willing to get mixed up with. She had a temper, and she was a minx. Two things that he didn't think would bode too well for him.

"Hey! Watch where you are going, loser!" She growled, flailing a bit out of the way before throwing out her paw at a gull who had tried to take advantage of the situation.

He stopped immediately, and just stared down at her confused.
"Is there something I can help you with?" He asked, his voice lacking any sort of desire to actually do what he said. He was a lot of things, and predictable was one of them.

"Yes, I do. I want you to go away from here and stop talkin' to me." She growled again, before placing a paw over the rotting fish. That would keep the birds away, and Jakk wouldn't have a chance to swipe it like he usually did.

"Oh shut up, I've done nothing to hurt ye." He rolled his eyes and plopped his rear down on the sand. It shifted under his weight, but nothing he wasn't used to. Jakk liked to irritate. He liked to cause problems, and he especially liked it when it came to Bonni. She could get mad faster than his own sister, and it was a spectacle to watch sometimes. At least when he was bored.

"You are in my presence, which is enough to annoy me. What do you want?" She asked with an arched eyebrow. Her eyes shifting from the fish, to the gulls, back to Jakk.

"I was unaware that this beach was owned by you.. and that in order to walk it, I would need permission." He said, and his voice was flat and rather sarcastic.

"Well you do need permission to walk into others, I'd think Makena would have taught you better than that. I have no need for pesky lions messing up a good day."

He smiled his lopsided grin at the topic of his mother. She had taught him well, didn't mean he had to listen. Standing, and throwing his head back in a laugh he shook his head.
"And tell me. Are ye havin' a good day?"
"No.."
"Then I guess I'm not botherin' too much of anything." He grinned once more before plopping back down to the sand. She looked at him, her jaw dropped as she had figured he would take the hint. She hadn't expected him to .. gah.. She supposed she did expect him to do the things that irritated her the most.

"I have to deal with my brothers on a daily basis, why on earth would you think I wanted to deal with you too." She asked, arching her eyebrows and staring at him with 'the look.'
"Because I'm charming? Handsome? I have rogue good looks that your mind just can't stop thinking about?" He asked, placing a paw to his chest dramatically as he spoke.

"Oh yeah. Sure. That." She rolled her eyes, and her tail began flicking back and forth in an irritated fashion.

"I knew it. You like me." He purred. He knew she didn't, her eyes were always on everyone else. But she was more like a sister to him than another female anyway. She had been there for as long as he could remember, and her demeanor made her an easy target.

She growled and her hackles rose.
"I do not! How could anyone like a scoundrel, burr like you?" She asked, and her voice rose a bit.

"I don't know! Why would you if you think that of me? Surely you are confused." He said and smiled again. He watched her arch her lip, and she leapt at him with a hiss. He met her claws with his own, pushing her away before leaping out of her reach.

"Darling. This wouldn't work. I could never tie myself to someone as wild as you." He added, hoping to irritate her further. Though soon as he said it, he watched a looming gull make off with her catch. He motioned his head in the direction and chuckled.

"Though I think I'm not the only one you should be worried about."

Bonni had gone to land another hit to his face, when she stopped and remembered the fish she had been guarding. She turned quickly, seeing the gull grab the fish and began to take flight.

"HEY!" She shrieked, leaping at the bird. But she watched as he flew off, and the other gulls with him. She had lost her prize.

"You incorrigible.. you evil.. you .. YOU.." She turned around to scream at Jakk, her fury ready to unleash on something.

But Jakk was gone. She looked around, and saw no trail of him. He had done it again, and it just pissed her off more.

"One day Jakk! One day I will get my chance!" She called out to him, but she was only meant with the sound of the crashing waves.

WC#1281