• Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:36 pm
Articles to save & print when I have access:

Artificial Intelligence, Employment and Income by Nils J. Nilsson

Computing Machinery and Intelligence by A. M. Turing

Books to look for:

Artificial Intelligence in Psychology: Interdisciplinary Essays by Margaret A. Boden

The Machine Question: Critical Perspectives on AI, Robots, and Ethics by David J. Gunkel

Mind Design II: Philosophy, Psychology, and Artificial Intelligence by John Haugeland

Artificial Intelligence: The Very Idea by John Haugeland  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:27 pm
Hiiiddoooooo, when did you get so freakin' smart! surprised  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm
Zphal
Hiiiddoooooo, when did you get so freakin' smart! surprised
Is this a compliment? xd LOL

I dunno, I've always been fascinated by artificial intelligence, and since I want to go into the mechanical aspect of robotics engineering, I guess I just started wanting to understand these creatures inside AND out. 3nodding I certainly don't have the patience or mathematical talent for actually writing intelligent programs, but I want to thoroughly comprehend at least the basic concepts of what the 1's and 0's dictate to the body I've built. I'm also heavily interested by philosophy and psychology, which both tie into AI as well — machine brains are much more like ours than some people may think, or at least, they will be. They have to be, or else moral complications will arise when these robots live amongst humans. It's honestly not the machine's fault, but rather ours... for not adapting to lifeforms unlike ourselves, or for shunning them due to our own insecurities or discomforts...

Wow, I got off-topic. xd Uhh... I guess I've always been kinda smart, but I didn't quite know what my calling in life was at that time. Being in public school and in the robotics club has really helped me find my way, and now that I see clearly what path I'm meant to take, it's purely a matter of how fast and how far I can run down that road. smile  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games