Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doctor Who: The Time Vortex

Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
The Science Of Doctor Who... Could It Be Real?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 pm
Hey everyone, I recently watched this Doctor Who special called The Science Of Doctor Who. I just wanted to share it with you all because I found it amazing on how much is actually science fact or can one day be science fact. The link to the movie is http://allmyvideos.net/wofa9ug5fdw2 Enjoy everyone... leave your comments on it in the link below, I'd love to hear what you think.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 pm
Not so surprising I think when they brought up the specific topics. Things like the robots and cyborgs, yeah we basically got those, even if they aren't like anything out of a sci-fi novel.

The Tardis I could guess was out of reach, although I do wonder when we'll be able to go backwards in time and not just forwards.  

Haruhi000777

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:45 pm
Haruhi000777
Not so surprising I think when they brought up the specific topics. Things like the robots and cyborgs, yeah we basically got those, even if they aren't like anything out of a sci-fi novel.

The Tardis I could guess was out of reach, although I do wonder when we'll be able to go backwards in time and not just forwards.
After watching it, I think I finally found out how the whole bigger on the inside thing with the TARDIS is going on. I remember one episode the Doctor said that it was a kind of sub-dimension and I believe the outside is nothing more than the "door" or whatever and the rest is somewhere else and all he's really doing is moving the "door" or whatever you want to call it, but since the rest of the TARDIS is connected to the door is why it gets a little shaky without a bunch of people to control it all at once... forget how many the Doctor said was intended to fly it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 am
I'd like to to think that some day it will be all real. wink  

MichaelForever

Angelic Vampire

12,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:41 pm
Midnight ploaie
Who knows, maybe we will one day. When it comes to what we know of the universe, we are just beginning to understand it like a toddler just learning about the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm
Nightshroud01
Haruhi000777

After watching it, I think I finally found out how the whole bigger on the inside thing with the TARDIS is going on. I remember one episode the Doctor said that it was a kind of sub-dimension and I believe the outside is nothing more than the "door" or whatever and the rest is somewhere else and all he's really doing is moving the "door" or whatever you want to call it, but since the rest of the TARDIS is connected to the door is why it gets a little shaky without a bunch of people to control it all at once... forget how many the Doctor said was intended to fly it.

If I'm correct it is 6 people I remember he his double, Rose, Micky, Captian Jack, Donna, Sarah Jane, Rose mom, & Martha.
They all helped fly it but Rose's mom and i remember it was 2 sets of pair. So yea I think it is 6. Might be wrong.

(Went and looked it up) {EDIT}
In "Journey's End", the Doctor confirms that the intended number is six; Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Sarah Jane Smith, Mickey Smith, Jack Harkness and the Doctor man the controls, and the TARDIS runs far more smoothly during that brief period than it normally does.  

Krazed Teen

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

MichaelForever

Angelic Vampire

12,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 am
Nightshroud01
Midnight ploaie
Who knows, maybe we will one day. When it comes to what we know of the universe, we are just beginning to understand it like a toddler just learning about the world.
Agreed. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm
I saw that.... It was really interesting..... I mean, if you have an open mind, its all possible.... It just comes down to when it's gonna happen,,,,,,  

Melanie Aria Ratford

Magical Astronomer

13,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm
Nightshroud01
forget how many the Doctor said was intended to fly it.

Six people.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff