Submit

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:53 am
Recently my spells have gone Array and I was told by a Wiccan Friend that I should make a wand to help focus me. We went into a store and I was called to a piece of Jet Dyed fresh water pearl. I originally was going to use an Ash branch for the wood, but my friend told me that wouldn’t be a good idea seeing that Pearl is water based stone. So my question is what would be a good type of wood to use to make my wand now that it’s a water based wand?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 am
Both Hazel and Maple would work; they are associated with feminine energy and include the element water for their workings.
Some others that might be harder to find but are still useful could also be Bloodwood, Desert Ironwood, Ebony (Gabon & Macassar), Kingwood, Leopardwood (Lacewood), Lignum Vitae, Olivewood (Bethlehem), Rosewood (East Indian & Honduran) and Tulipwood.

I'd recommend using either Hazel or Maple since they're a bit more common.

[Resource]

Materu Shioni

O.G. Wife

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 am
If you are looking for something that will be useful in a variety of magical workings, then I would consider gathering items that represent the other elements as well, that way you have a balance between them. Then you can use whatever wood you feel comfortable with.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 am
I agree with too2sweet. It's best to represent all elements - it'll be a more balanced tool. It's also good to have one end male and the other female - so you can use either depending on the kind of magick you are doing. You can accomplish this by using different stones at either end or even carving male and female symbols into the wood.

I know you didn't ask about this but I wanted to mention that in some traditions it's best to make your wand at Litha. In one of my books it says " Go before dawn on midsummer morning to your chosen tree. Cut the wand with a single stroke and leave an offering for the tree." I supposed because it's awhile before Litha in the northern hemisphere you could just get the branch before dawn for now.

Sorry about the length, I hope it helps some. smile I'd love to see a pic of your wand when you're finished.  

ThisisEmery

Shameless Regular

19,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items