NO ONE

WE'RE GONNA GET SOME NO MATTER WHAT YAY

but who will have da best  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:54 pm
Waynebrizzle

I've seen maybe one console generation where the best-selling hardware didn't undeniably have the best and/or most unique software. Input methods have come and gone, but they don't always determine the winner (as shown by the PS2 beating the Gamecube, or the 3DS beating the Vita, which had that neat back pad).

Also, let's be honest, I could probably count the games on the DS and Wii that actually NEEDED motion/touch controls to work on one hand. For both consoles. I'm not claiming that they're gimmicks; they're obviously not. But making crazy input methods just for the sake of having them isn't going to get you anywhere (see: Move, Kinect). You have to have software that shows off what the input method can do. It's always going to come back to software.

Motionplus was a great peripheral, but how would we have even known that if it wasn't for great software like Red Steel 2 or Skyward Sword showing it off? It's the software, MANG.
...Right, I was just saying that other things do matter. Games are enhanced by the platform and the control method.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

I've seen maybe one console generation where the best-selling hardware didn't undeniably have the best and/or most unique software. Input methods have come and gone, but they don't always determine the winner (as shown by the PS2 beating the Gamecube, or the 3DS beating the Vita, which had that neat back pad).

Also, let's be honest, I could probably count the games on the DS and Wii that actually NEEDED motion/touch controls to work on one hand. For both consoles. I'm not claiming that they're gimmicks; they're obviously not. But making crazy input methods just for the sake of having them isn't going to get you anywhere (see: Move, Kinect). You have to have software that shows off what the input method can do. It's always going to come back to software.

Motionplus was a great peripheral, but how would we have even known that if it wasn't for great software like Red Steel 2 or Skyward Sword showing it off? It's the software, MANG.
...Right, I was just saying that other things do matter. Games are enhanced by the platform and the control method.

The software's going to be good regardless of the platform it's on. I'd say it's the other way around. Software is what proves the console's worth.

Either way, I'm getting this off topic.  

Waynebrizzle

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
Jaycorn
WHO DOESN'T WANT GOOD SOFTWARE

NO ONE

WE'RE GONNA GET SOME NO MATTER WHAT YAY

but who will have da best

nintento duh

hello  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 pm
I would like to see pokemon as a 3-D world with Fable-esque online multiplayer and co-op. That is to say, you can see what your friends are up to via little markers, and jump into their world whenever.

IMAGINE A WORLD... WHERE YOU ARE WALKING THROUGH VICTORY ROAD. LAST POKEMON! SO CLOSE!

"BONJOUR! YOU'RE LATE, WAYNER!" *RIVAL Kegan WANTS TO BATTLE* *SCREEN WIPE*

I'm just using Wayne as an example.

And you could team up with up to three people at a time, to form traveling trios!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 pm
YES that would be awesome.

One thing I not only want but expect of this generation is that Pokemon games will all be 3D now. No more sprites.

Also I want customizable trainers because I'm tired of playing as bland ol' brown-haired b***h with a hat.

Being able to meet up with real people rather than just NPCs in the overworld would be algebraic. It has to go in that direction, eventually.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 pm
I guess I'd like to see streaming become a real thing next gen. At least for demos. Maybe a more robust cloud service as well.

I'm sure there's plenty of other things I could think of.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas