Hamster Nails

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 pm
My dwarf hamster's nails are getting rather long. Shoud I cut them? And what would I cut them with?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm
pup720
My dwarf hamster's nails are getting rather long. Shoud I cut them? And what would I cut them with?
Infant nail clippers but I'd be too afraid :X You could give him something to scratch and wear them down with though  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Ailinea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm
You can just use regular nail clippers, like Kithy mentioned, or small cat claw clippers. Used both on some guinea pigs I babysat and both worked fine, though I preferred the cat clippers. Just be sure to keep an eye on the quick and it might be easier to have someone assist to hold or clip.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am
Kithy Kitty
pup720
Infant nail clippers but I'd be too afraid :X You could give him something to scratch and wear them down with though

Okay, thanks. ^^  

with patroclus

Phantom

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 am
Ailinea
You can just use regular nail clippers, like Kithy mentioned, or small cat claw clippers. Used both on some guinea pigs I babysat and both worked fine, though I preferred the cat clippers. Just be sure to keep an eye on the quick and it might be easier to have someone assist to hold or clip.

Alright, thank you! : )  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff