Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Your Fursona... and You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm awesome. You're awesome too.
  Unless you're not.
View Results
Morgan Night-Wind rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm
So the way it's sounding, some of you had to think about and choose your fursonas and others just... came to them? Like an internal realization? Can someone offer me perspective or a different way to think about this? I think that I've been fursona-less for too long to actively identify as a furry and wonder if a different vantage point would help me figure something out.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:52 pm
I'm very interested, so be as detailed as you want to be.
Oh believe me, I'll write you a bleedin' essay.
How did you make your fursona?
I drew her. She came about in a very strange way... She is a wolf. But not just a wolf. An alien wolf species that migrated to Hungary via wormhole from their home world. Her name is Apricity Hecuba Kerberos DeLaRune. I'm on fA as Hecuba.
How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona?
I say alien/wolf/hellhound/succubus because I'm not sure there is a word for that combination so I guess I'm leaving it at that.
When I was 2 years old I would always draw pictures of "UFO men" for my grandmother, when I was 5 I became obsessed with wolves, then when I hit high school I became obsessed with the idea of cambions, the offspring of humans and succubi/incubi. Then I went all nuts researching aliens living as humans on earth, indigo children, therianthropy, spirit guides, totems, biblial reference to demon/human offspring, anything, ANYTHING to explain my origin.
It's weird though. I know my origin.
I'm a human girl born in Texas in 1991 to Scottish/Native American and Hungarian/Irish American parents.
Not an alien, not a demon, not a wolf, but here I am searching for my origin, digging through any information I can get my grubby demon alien wolf paws on.
It's awkward, but I guess it's because that is who I am on the inside.
Kind of the same as a woman in a man's body asking himself, "why was I born this way instead of as a woman" but a whole new kind of ******** up.
I'm more than willing to admit my search is off the wall, ******** in the head, whatever you could call it, cuz Jesus Christ.
Her markings are inspired by the thylacine. Her muscle and fangs are inspired by the smilodon. I added those traits because I like prehistoric mammals a lot. Black, white, and gray are some of my favorite colors, but my favorite color of all is periwinkle, like a moonstone, so that's why her meatbits and her eyes are all periwinkle. I also made her quite tall (6'3") for a female because in real life I am quite small (5'6") but on the inside I am very strong. So I want her to be a reflection of who I am inside. I feel like I did a very good job with that. She also has an erl piercing and a sceptum ring because I really like those piercings. I have my nostril pierced but I wish I had those two piercings as well. I did not add the nostril piercing to my fursona because it looks awkward on a canine nose.

What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one?
My fursona is my spirit embodied. I love my fursona very much.

Stuff like that.  

madderFox

Friendly Friend

TheOneOfName

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:15 pm
TheAnneh
I know there are a lot of topics here and there about what kind of Fursona everyone has. This isn't one of those topics. What I want to talk about is fursonas in general and more specifically: how everyone came about making and choosing them.

I'm very interested, so be as detailed as you want to be. How did you make your fursona? How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona? What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? Stuff like that.

I'd love to know. :3

I myself am still not sure how to pick a fursona, as I am pretty much all over the place, and seem to like all the animals. For me it's not easy, since I don't really have a favorite animal to go with, or even a definite personality type, but to be able to portray how the animals might act is a fun experience, so I go about trying them, and finding one that might suit me.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:55 pm
I've always been really interested in dragons; back when I played World of Warcraft, I roleplayed as someone allied closely with the dragons (like an ambassador). I sort of created my fursona without knowing that she was a fursona. Callient, a slate-grey dragon, was always meant to represent what I perceive myself to be. She shares a lot of personality traits with me, and her build is similar to mine.  

Raybadursh

Friendly Lunatic

HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas