Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm
User Image

How long had it been since he'd last smelled the dusty air of the Ukucha’Wafalme? How long since the chattering of the banu by the lake or the friendly greeting of a passing Pad reached his ears? Azhar hadn’t realized how much he’d truly missed this place, his home. There was so much to do. He wanted to settle Asha into their den first, then visit his family and later the Sultan… perhaps the order wasn’t right but it mattered little. He needed to know if his large family had grown larger yet again and how many of his siblings and cousins had returned from their quests or found new homes.

His eyes glanced to the left and found Asha. How happy he was that she was there, that she’d agreed to return with him and that the Goddess’ quest had been successful. Who would’ve thought that he’d do a quest within his quest? He smiled widely, visibly happy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm
Asha watched the surrounding area silently her mind too full of thoughts to even process words. First she had met Azhar and then she met a goddess, Azhar was by far the better of the two since Val was just a touch intimidating. And then they went on a 'quest' to fix Asha even though the lioness knew how badly Azhar wished to return home.

Val's home at the hot springs was interesting and relaxing for the few short days they were there. Apparently the location was a well known secret because while there weren't many around they all knew who lived there and who to ask if they needed help. It didn't take long for Val to pass Asha a bundle of herbs and instructions on how to take them if the need was great. The goddess even had the time to take the blue/purple lioness to the side and offered to answer any questions she might have regarding the pride that Asha would soon be joining.

The pride that she was now walking with in with Azhar at her side. She still wished silently that he was hers alone but she also knew that it could not and would not remain that way forever so she had to enjoy their alone time for as long as it lasted. She glanced towards the dark lion and asked quietly, "So what do we do now?" A pride was a new concept for her and for all her brave front she wanted to be liked here since it was now her home.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 pm
Fiction1119

Azhar wasn’t stupid or insensitive. After spending his youth studying banu and occasionally speaking with them near the lake had given the young adult a great amount of insight of what went on inside a female’s head. Having a million sisters might’ve helped as well.

Right now, he knew Asha was still feeling a little wary of the Ukuucha’Wafalme lifestyle. Which was understandable, considering the life he’d offered her went against everything she and just about every other female rogue had ever known. Funny how this hadn’t seemed so obvious when he’d first left the pride. It just went to show how strongly one would believe something if everyone around him did the same. Azhar often wondered how different his life – and his character - would’ve been had he been born in a different pride.

“We will find a den to your liking first.” He replied without hesitation, his voice soothing. “I will introduce you to the Sultan to make my arrival and your presence official. Tomorrow I will start introducing you to my family. As I’ve told you before, it’s quite large.” He paused, considering the possibility that his words hadn’t been quite as soothing as his voice.

“They will all be very welcoming. My sisters will love you and my brothers will always be very respectful. If you remember the basic rules, this will become the safest place in the world for you. And I’ll always be there by your side, whenever you need me.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 am
Mogami
Asha smiled softly. She knew he was trying to be kind but she had no clue what to look for in a den since most of her life was spend moving around from place to place, her cub hood was the longest time in one spot and that was spend under trees, not a real den. Rather then say any of this she changed the topic, let the den take care of itself later.

"Azhar what is the Sultan like?" Asha remembered the nights of discussing his family and friends and during the days the pride but she couldn't remember if they talked about the Sultan other then in passing as the pride leader. Other then Azhar the Sultan would be the only other lion who could, within pride law, have any say in her life. She trusted Azhar but she didn't yet know about the Sultan. In theory he is a kind and virtuous ruler since the pride seemed to be growing and there was no visible distention but not everything is necessarily what it seems.

"Oh Azhar." She gave him a quick snuggle. That was one of the sweetest things he had said in a while. "I know. I guess I'm just worried. After being just the two of us for such a while being with a large group will take some getting use to."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm
Fiction1119

“The Sultan…?”Azhar started slowly, pondering on the question for a few moments. He had never been asked to describe the highest ranking lion of the pride before before but he had spoken with Aali enough times to have an idea of his character. “He’s a very kind and gentle lion. His ruling is fair and above reproach.” What else could he add that would ease Asha’s worries if not for the female perspective? “All his banu appear to be very happy.” His words were not quite as certain as before as he didn’t really know the Aali’s banu that well and he knew females could be surprisingly good at hiding their true feelings and intentions.

His head tilted to the side as he felt Asha’s touch, a brief look of surprise crossing his expression. He hadn’t expected the sudden gesture, not finding anything worthy of note in his last assessment but pleased that he’d managed to say something good nonetheless. Azhar knew that for someone who took so much time watching others, he could be remarkably thick when attempting to grasp the full meaning and consequences of his own words.

“It will be just the two of us for a while.” He said after a few moments. “You need time to adjust to the pride and our customs but eventually I will be pressured into adding another banu to the harem.” He stopped walking for a moment, looking deeply into Asha’s eyes. “But don’t worry, I would never choose anyone who’d disrupt our den. She will be like a true sister to you.” Azhar meant every word he’d said. Generally speaking, the dark lion could be considered a lenient Pad but he would never tolerate any mean-spirited behavior that would bring unhappiness to his or Asha’s life. He already had one girl in mind but she’d been but a cub the last time he’d seen her so it would difficult to predict how she’d grown and what kind of banu she’d become.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 am
Mogami
ooc: sorry didn't realized that it hadn't gone through

Asha knew he was trying and she appreciated it so she didn't press him any further on the subject, after all how many would know the leader of the pride well. In her travels she had passed many a pride where the king was a hidden figure, only the closest advisers had contact. At least in this pride the Sultan was more visible and maybe more approachable.

Her heart stilled a moment when Azhar mentioned a second banu. She knew that he would have to but it still felt odd to let the one who carried her heart accept another, especially when she didn't even mean it that way to begin with. It took her a moment to wrestle her feelings back into place before she said, " I know you wont. Who ever you choose will be just fine but I meant the pride in general and your family specifically." Even as she spoke she saw more and more lions in the distance. Such a drastic change when they would have gone days sometimes without seeing one lion.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:28 am
Fiction1119
No prob! Sorry I took so long to reply! =)

Azhar could tell that Asha was somewhat anxious and he couldn’t really blame her. She was reacting remarkably well to the abrupt change in environment and customs and he could only hope that she would adjust quickly and get through the whole affair as painlessly as possible.
But he couldn’t, in all honesty, say that all his family would be welcoming. There was far too much rivalry in his line, especially in his younger uncles and cousins for the Pad to give such an assurance. In a pride where all males were supposed to be like brothers, the dark Vizier’s children often seemed to ignore the bond they were supposed to share.

“My close family will be very welcoming. You will feel like you lived here your whole life, I hope. I have a half-sister who will bug you with questions about the outside world, though.” He thought of Bad fondly and how much she must’ve changed while he’d been gone. Had the fiery banu found a Pad yet, he wondered. “And the pride values new blood and accepts new faces as the natural order of things. I’m sure everyone will love you.”

He paused, brow furrowing slowly.

“And… if… you ever… umh. If you ever change your mind…” he looked mildly distressed now, unwilling to meet her gaze. He’d already realized that losing Asha would break him but he still had trouble putting those thoughts into words. But he knew for certain that he'd never become the source of her misery and he hoped he could make her happy. That was his duty as a Pad, after all. “I would never trap you. It would simply make me look bad but I would never force you to stay against your will… that is, our secret, of course.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 pm
Mogami
oh please. i know im taking forever myself

Asha mentally sat on her wildly running thoughts. No matter what happened at this point she was comitted and would see it through. She remembered the words of advise from Val: Your future will be what you make of it. Keep your heart happy and others will follow. Asha knew that even if she was alone in the pride she still had Azhar to rely on and that was all she needed.

Asha smiled at the thought of being pestered about the world outside of the pride. "Ahh but life with family and friends is much better then being alone all the time. Thats why I'm glad we met." She smilled at the dark lion and picked up her pase a bit so rather being a bit behind him, where she had fallen as she silled her spinning thoughts, she was now even with him

She listened with blossoming wonder as he stumbled through his.... what? offer of freedom?.... Asha laughed softly and said just as quietly but with conviction, "I'll never leave without you."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 am
Fiction1119
Ahah. xD That's why I wish I had as much free time as I used to especially when my rp partners are also available. Coordinating the rps has been a bit tough recently. ^.^'

Azhar smiled gently when Asha spoke of family and friends and then paused for a moment as he considered her last words, partly relieved by how certain she seemed about their future. He was touched that she wouldn’t consider leaving without him but he grew thoughtful. If Asha were to decide that she did not wish to be with him, he knew he could let her go – no matter how much it would pain him to do so - but if she only rejected his pride’s customs and not her mate himself…? He’d never thought about it quite like that and many thoughts and opposing perspectives collided silently in his mind for a few seconds.

“I’ll say this then.” He started firmly, the small inkling of a smile a good indicator that he’d come to a comfortable decision. “If you wish to leave, I would follow you anywhere. My family would be disappointed but your happiness will always come first.” He loved his pride with all its peace, beauty, abundance of prey and traditions but he would leave it all behind if she asked it of him seriously. Asha was his home now. A youthful almost playful smile graced his expression when he realizing where they were.

“We’re almost at the lake.” The dark lion said in a lighter tone, eager to see how Asha would react to the beautiful sight.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games