Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[B-PRP] Lay Down Your Weary Head (Naheed and Husni)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm
User Image

Husni was starting to realize that not all young Pesars seemed to endure the kind of training and lessons that his father always had prepared for his sons. Not that he resented that fact, on the contrary. He was happy that his father demanded and expected so much of him, tiring as it was at times. His muscles were sore, one of his claws had been broken and he now sported a small gash on his cheek after sparring with one of the twins in the latest lesson. He was feeling tired and annoyed but he refused to let his brothers see it so the young lion silently made his way to the mouth of the den, seeking a few moments of peace and solitude.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 pm
Naheed was waiting, as she often did, to find what needs the expanding family would have each day. Having no cubs of her own she had somewhat begrudgingly accepted that she would have to do her best to make the lives of her fellow banu more relaxing. They had more important things to worry about now, of course. The thought still put in a twinge in her chest and it only amplified as she saw one of Lililamuna's brood approaching. They were lovely cubs, she had to admit, but they were not her own. She was as kind to them as she could be, but she had trouble feeling any closer than a neighbor. Until she had her own she knew she wouldn't understand. It bothered her. Still she put on a concerned face when she noticed his cheek. "Husni, what would your mother say if she saw you bleeding? You don't want to make her worry." She chided, though hearing herself she knew it sounded a little false.  

Dulcea

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 pm
Husni lifted his head quickly and eyed the adult for a few moments. He did not find any lack of sincerity in her tone and he accepted her actions as what a proper banu was supposed to do if she spotted one of her Pad’s sons bleeding.

“I’m bleeding?” he asked, lifting one paw to his head. “It’s my cheek? It does sting, banu Naheed.” She was not his mother but she was one of his father’s banu and he owed her his respect until he believed he’d outgrown her concerns. And at the moment, he did not want to upset his mother by appearing before her wounded.

“We were sparring before.” He explained further, eyeing the blood in his paw with a curious expression.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 am
"Sparring?" she shook her head with a little chiding cluck, "You boys always get into such trouble. I hope your opponent looks worse than you do." She knew it was a crucial lesson in a young male's life, but still it seemed so crude to her. Secretly she hoped for daughters, though she knew it was improper to do so. "Here, don't get dirt in it our you're liable to get sick," she offered as she went toward the back of the den looking for the mass of half dried herbs they kept around for just such an instance. She wasn't well educated in their uses herself, but she knew enough to use whichever one the healer had pointed out to her last time someone was cut. Looking them over she chose two, knowing that one had to be the right one, and offered the leaves to Husni, "Here, press these against it for a minute, it'll help." She hoped. Sometimes she was as much of a child as he was.  

Dulcea

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:24 am
“It wasn’t a fight, it was dad’s lesson.” The cub said somewhat defensively but he did think they seemed to do that sort of thing more often than other cubs. That didn’t mean his father gave them excessive work as much as some of the other Pads wore almost negligent in the training of their sons, of course. “I was sparring with Jalil… or Jalal. I’m not really sure.” He chuckled, happy with her concern.

Lilimuna was a very loving mother but a little extra care never hurt anyone. It made the cub feel noticed and content. He very much liked his father’s harem.

“Like this?” he asked as he pressed the leaves against his cheek. “They’re smelly.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:49 am
"Just like that my little star," she cooed, glad she hadn't picked the sort that burned on touch. It wasn't as if she could pretend to know how difficult fighting lessons were, but she knew how hard she had to work to dance. Perhaps it was a similar concept. Well, even if it had been she wasn't sure she wanted her Pad finding out she'd talked to his sons about such a feminine endeavor. "Everything your father does he does to ensure you all become great Pads in your own right," she told him, "When you're grown and strong you'll be very glad you had him pushing you. Many have trouble making it through the roguelands, but you boys will have ladies flocking to your side in no time at all. Strength and safety will always win out over poetry." At least, in her mind. She often had trouble understanding the minds of the banu born in further lands.  

Dulcea

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 am
Husni was having trouble keeping up his tough façade when he was secretly so pleased that he was being coddled by Naheed. A soft purr escaped him before he could stop it and he looked up at the elegant banu with bright eyes when she spoke of his father.

“I know. I like the lessons.” Alright, so he didn’t like having them all the time but he was still pleased that Akram’Raja had such high expectations regarding his sons. He quite liked the idea of becoming a highly desirable Pad that would have dozens of girls fawning over him. He would only pick the best, of course, just like his father. His mother’s beauty was undeniable, Naheed was exotic and full of grace and even Kajira Jazua seemed to be learning how to be a proper banu under his father’s instructions. “When I come back from my quest, I’ll bring the most beautiful and polite banu. Just like you, banu Naheed.” He nodded, looking excited. “And I’ll tell everyone about the pride! And I’ll win many fights!” He pawed at the air and jumped from one spot to the next and pretty soon his cut re-opened and his cheek was bleeding again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 pm
"Oh be careful," Naheed said with a genuine laugh. Even if she wasn't entirely happy about only have the others' cubs too coo over she couldn't help but love them. They were still her family after all. Maybe not her own blood, but the blood of her pad. "I'm sure you'll find the most magnificent banu the pride has ever seen," she said softly, reaching out to calm him, "You may even love them, but for right now your main concern ought to be growing up safe and strong. You don't want to get sick from being careless."  

Dulcea

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:10 am
Dulcea
I'm realy sorry for the delay! RL has been hectic for the last few days.

Husni settled down at the adult’s touch, accepting it with a tiny purr as he leaned against her. His eyes shifted nervously for a moment as he searched for the shapes of his brothers. It felt really good to be coddled and to feel others’ concern over him but it wasn’t worth the enormous amount of teasing he’d have to endure if his brother caught him in that position. No one seemed to be watching them though and Husni settled down comfortably against the larger shape of the adult, a small drop of blood rolling languidly down his cheek.

“Love them?” the young Pesar repeated quietly, considering the matter in silence. He’d never thought about it before. That kind of love was still a foreign concept to him. He believed his father to be fond of all his banu but as for loving them… Love seemed to a female concept as far as Husni saw it. Pads were entitled to several banu that were completely devoted to their Pad – it was their right and simply the way things worked. Husni suspected males didn’t really love the same way females did so he doubted he’d ever have that sort of feeling towards anyone in his harem.

“I’m already strong.” He said in a slurred whisper, his mind becoming slow after the physical and mental strain. His eyes narrowed as he watched the pride outside his den.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games