Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Slowly learning trust (( Adin / Ke'ala ))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm
User ImageStretching out in the sun, Adin looked about, bright yellow eyes narrowing as he did. Scouting was fairly simple right now since the pride as at peace. Every once in a while he'd be asked to go out with a hunting party and help them look for food. That was the highlight of most of his eyes. Right now, Afua, his bonded bird, was perched on a tree branch, dozing in the warm sun. Neither of them looked like they were going to be very active today.

Ah, well. He couldn't complain about his life now. While he still didn't talk to many of the pride members, he felt completely at ease and at home here. To top it all off, Adin hadn't been here for more than a few weeks and he was already finding a niche in life.

Wandering the rogue lands was something he didn't like. He always felt antsy. There was always a feeling of dred, someone watching over him, or just complete and utter uncomfortability. He was constantly looking over his shoulder, with Afua's help, of course. The rustic brown lion had forgotten what it was like to feel safe, content and happy, even. He had food here, water, company if he wished it. However, opening up to strangers was something that he didn't do. It made him uneasy. He had gone without trusting others for so long it was just hard wired in.

He did have to break that habit, eventually...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm
Shou flew over head as his lioness prowled on the ground beneath. Ke'ala had a smile on her maw and a bit of a skip in her step. Today had been a good day for her. The sun was out, as usual, and the plains just seemed happy to be alive. It was a good day. Nothing notable had happened yet but Ke'ala could feel today was going to be good.

Shou screeched over head and the lionesses ears erected.

"Lion! Lion!" Shou screeched.

Ke'alas pace quickened and her posture got a little more serious. She was a guard and it was up to her to protect the boarder. A lion on the boarder could be a bad thing.

"HAULT!" She growled. Though now that she got a good look she could see this lion was already in a hault position. Her stance stayed pretty serious. She was a guard after all.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 pm
Adin blinked a little when he heard the screeching of a bird. Afua flew from his post to land on the lion's back, puffing up as big as he could. Afua did not like other birds screeching for absolutely no reason! "Stop your screeching! It's annoying!" And Afua was the nice one of the two.

Getting to his paws, Adin's yellow eyes widened a little as he saw the lioness and her companion. Sighing, his brows knit as he frowned a little more and looked around. "What? I'm part of this pride. Why are you alarmed?" he asked, voice serious and rumbling slightly. He had a very deep voice. It was gentle, though. He knew how guards worked. He encountered them more than once when he got too close to a pride edge in the rogue lands. He kept his stance and posture easy and relaxed, showing her that he meant absolutely no arm to her.

"Afua, hush. Let her bird talk if he wants," he chided his friend after a moment, ears flicking.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:06 pm
Shou landed on Ke'ala's head. His head was tilted from side to side curiously and amused. He screeched once more just to be an a**.

Ke'ala's ears went back a little unsure of her self. This was a pride member? He had a bird for sure so there was that. It took a moment but after a while Ke'ala came to the idea that he seemed legit.

"I'm sorry. I guess so many new members have been popping up recently its hard to tell whos who. Plus you gotta keep in mind that .. you are hanging on the boarder. Might I ask what your post is?" She seemed a little excited to find out the position this male held. More guards meant she had more time to slack off if she wanted.

Not that Ke'ala would openly admit that.

Shou screeched once more and smiled sadistically. Ke'ala was not paying any mind to him.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Afua's brows knit together and he frowned again as Shou did that stupid annoying screeching noise. Yes, Afua himself was a bird, but at least he wasn't an annoying bird like that one! He puffed up again and flapped his wings before sticking out his tongue.

"...It is the only spot I felt comfortable to sun," he murmured softly, looking to the side. Now he couldn't relax. There was someone else in his spot and that just... wouldn't work. He wouldn't be able to sun comfortably until this female moved away. He was going to be cold to her, but he remembered he really needed some connections in the pride. A friend couldn't hurt.

"My name is Adin. This is Afua." Well, it wasn't nice but he honestly was trying.

At the next screech, Afua flew from Adin's back and moved to the other bird, attempting to hit Shou in the face with his wings. Oh, it was on!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:17 pm
Ke'ala didn't catch on to the fact she might be blocking out the sun so she just stood there with a smile spread across her maw.

"Its nice to meet you. I'm Ke'ala and I'm a guard and this is Shou and hes my bird," She lifted her head up a little bouncing Shou a little. The bird puffed up and flapped his wings before settling back on the females head. He didn't have time to return the other birds tongue sticking out.

"Anyways. You didn't answer my question about your post." Ke'ala took a seat. She wasn't about to move it would seem.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 pm
Ke'ala. Alright, he could remember that. It was a fairly short, simple name. Sighing heavily, Adin looked to Shou and then to Afua. He would have to find a way to separate these two. He made a low noise, calling Afua back to him and then sighed when the bird settled in his mane. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a scout. Sent on hunting parties from time to time to aid with their trips."

It wasn't that she was blocking the sun, it was just that she was there. He had to slowly warm up to the pride members, and so far he wasn't making a very good impression on this one. While romantic interested was very low, he still had to act kind and polite so she didn't think ill of him and spread around that's he's anti-social. Though, he was, in all honestly. But he was changing!

"I apologize for being so close to the boarder," he said, thinking about something before looking back over to her. "Being around a lot of lions is uncomfortable for me at the moment. I am working on it, but every now and then I have to have a little time to myself."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:38 pm
Ke'ala smiled. "A SCOUT!? Thats so exciting! You get to go out in all kinds of adventures I'm sure! Oh man you probably have so many stories!" She laid down her self making her more comfortable. Really it was beyond her that some one would not want company. If anything it was her being nice at least to her to stay.

Shou closed his eyes and started to snooze on his partners head. He wasn't one for conversation it would seem.

"And its okay now that I know your face and wow really? You dont want to be around lions right now? AM I BOTHERING YOU? " She gasped. "I hope Im not! Im enjoying my self," There was a bit of a whimper in there.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 pm
When she settled down Adin frowned a little and let his brows knit. Why was she getting comfortable? He had no stories right now. Sighing heavily, he shrugged and shook her head. Then she did that whimpering thing and it made him feel even more uncomfortable than anything. How could he possibly say, yes, you're bothering me, now go away?

That would be completely uncalled for. "You're... no bother. I'm not used to anyone wanting to talk. I'm not used to talking," was his simple explanation. "I don't have very many stories. I kept to myself in the rogue lands. The only story I have is that I've had Afua since he hatched. His mother was eaten by a leopard the day he hatched. I found him and he's been with me ever sense. "

Honestly, that was the most interesting thing about him. He was a fairly simple, boring guy. "I've gotten in a few scuffles, but nothing major. I've seen the ocean, deserts, forests and plains, but they're fairly borning.."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 am
Saint Sergio

Ke'ala frowned all the while she listened to Adin. So he didn't like talking very much? This made some sense to the lioness. She wasn't a huge chatter box usually but when she was curious about some one she tended to talk a little more than usual. She sat up a little and listened.

"Well I think thats cool that you've known your bird since he was a hatchling. The sames true for me too." Shou remained silent despite the que that he was given from his lioness. Ke'ala didn't bother waiting for him she moved on.

"Scuffle huh? I havent been in one of those since I was a cub playing with my siblings. Never with another lion. I've never had to fight an intruder before." She smiled, "But I am a tough guard I assure you."  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 am
What else did he tell her? His rogue life hadn't exactly been exciting. He had no scars to point that that made interesting stories. So, Adin knit his brows at his own thoughts and sighed a little more. Seriously, why did he have to be so boring? She seemed like a lively female, one he did need to be around in order to figure out what was normal in the pride. It seemed everyone was lively and very trusting of the guards and the hunters. Letting his ears flick this way and that as she spoke, he could only nod.

No doubts she was a tough guard. He hadn't met a guard that slacked off, yet. Plus, not everyone got the rank of guard, right? Though, it'd been easy to get his position.. maybe it was easy to be a guard. Hm. He'd have to ask a few more guards about that.

"How did you get the guard rank?" He asked, hoping it didn't seem like a random question.

Chobi_Chocobo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm
Saint Sergio

"Would you believe it if I told you that I earned it?" She puffed her chest out proud. It was true she'd worked on this position. That didn't mean she was the best guard the force had but she'd tried her hardest to get it and earned it she did!

"How else do you think I would have obtained it?" Ke'ala smiled, "I mean... What about YOU good sir. How did YOU get youuuur position~?" It was possible she was being a bit of a horses rear end right now completely on purpose.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:36 am
He did believe her. Who was he not to? The reddish-brown male stertched himself out after a minute and then blinked. Adin hummed to himself and shrugged. "I've got sharp eyes and tend to be deathly quiet when I'm on a mission. So, I went from hunter to scout. It's not a bad gig, you know," he said. The grin on his face widened before he looked up at the sky.

"Don't really want to cut this short, but I've kinda got someone to meet." More like a few someones, honestly. He still had to make the journey back to his den without getting stopped. Or something. Truth be told, he was running out of things to talk about and the last thing he wanted to do was sound boring to a female.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 am
Ke'ala yawned and as if on cue, Shou opened his eyes and fluffed his feathers up.

"We should probably get going to Ke'ala," He chirped to his lioness. Ke'ala merely nodded in agreement quite tired all of a sudden.

"Yeah. Well." She paused trying to think of a clever way to say good bye. She took so long so Shou piped up instead to give the farewell.

"Laters," He chirped.

"Yeah that," Ke'ala agreed but silently wished the farewell had been a tad more clever. Ah well. Shou had gotten the job done.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces