Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm
User Image

Fio took in a deep breath of fresh air, over exaggerating his first steps back into his home land. He had been gone quite some time, his exact intentions for having left still a secret to everyone who knew him. He really didn't even know why he had gone as far as he had. If it hadn't been for his encounter with the god of ashes, he may never have found that special item his gut had sent him in search of. Remembering the encounter, Fio smiled, allowing his chest to puff out. A small feather attached by a vine, swayed in the wind at his neck. It was deep grey in color, and tinged in black. It was a strange little thing, always dropping ashes but never losing its shape. And it was his new favorite item. A reminder to not only himself, but others he may encounter, that gods were more than the fairy tales their parents had told them as cubs. They were real, and he stood as proof of that.

Clearing his mind, Fio looked around the pride as he entered its borders. Still relatively empty, he assumed some big event must be happening deeper within the pride. Not that it bothered him to be alone, he actually preferred it most of the time, it was just eerie to see his home so empty. But then he supposed his time of arrival wasn't really helping that fact - being so early in the morning most lions would likely still be asleep in their dens.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 am
Depawsit

These were his home lands. This was where he had built his legacy, for better or worse. This was the place he had been searching for, and almost could not recognize, despite how similar it was.

There were voices all around him, speaking of his return. Very few were old enough to remember him, save his supposed son and those he kept close to him. He wondered at that. Druids and Toka alike saw him, knew of him, and questioned his existence.

After all, the Talfrid they knew had been killed by a Druid assassin. Which was true. Mostly. Kind of. The God let them wonder who he really was, not giving them any clues one way or the other for now. He was there to speak to Uther of his purpose, and Uther alone.

Everyone else would just have to wait and figure things out as they happened.

He liked the morning because those voices were quieted. Everyone was asleep, and the rumor mill had to stop churning. He was walking through the pride, taking a better look at the new old home. With everyone distracted by his arrival and the birth of the royal family, he just needed some time alone.

Except he wasn't alone. He looked at Fio as he approached, stopping in his tracks but not trying to hide.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 pm
Lithia_Brandon

As he stood there, looking over the borders of his home something caught his eye. He ignored it at first, being a rather large object his eyes mistook it for a piece of scenery. But a second glance would tell him all he needed to know. It was a large lion, quite a bit larger than a run of the mill sized lion. But nothing else seemed off about him aside from his clothing choice. Living in the Toka, surrounded by merchants, had sort of desensitized him to the oddness of clothing on lions. Many lions liked to display their wares and as a side effect he saw nothing unusual about it. Though there was something about this lion, that he couldn't quite place his paw on.

He could tell by looking that the lion didn't really fit in much, less because of his clothing and more because of his size. But then the Toka were a somewhat welcoming bunch - perhaps he wouldn't catch too much flack for it.

As the male approached, Fio could feel a strange feeling begin to occur in his toes. It was like a tingle, that seemed to float up his legs and then all along his body. He tried to shake it off, but he couldn't. Bewildered, he simply looked ahead to the lion now coming closer, a very skeptical expression crossing his maw mixed with a slight bit of a smirk.

Could he really be in the presence of yet another god? This one had no wings, though he was quite large. Could gods really be gods without wings? Wasn't that sort of their thing? He didn't know, but by the pace the other was approaching, maybe he'd soon find out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 am
Depawsit

"You are out late, young soldier," the God of Chivalry said to Fio, though he was not sure if the other was a Soldier here at the pride, or if he held a different title.

Or if he was a visitor and not even a pride member. Everything was different here, even the faces. Most of them, anyway. And he had to admit, much to his own chagrin, he had not spent a lot of time getting to know his people. Not as much as he should have. Uther would have been the same way, if not for Ygraine.

Still, he was not going to learn anything about his new old home unless he played things calm and kind. Something the King Talfrid had never done. In fact, he could be nothing like the Talfrid the pride remembered. Which would not be too hard at all.

"Forgive me if I am trespassing here."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:11 pm
"I could say the same for you - though my choice of words would be early." He smiled an awkward unintentional smile at the male and dipped his head. "Trespassing? No I wouldn't call it trespassing. in fact had it not been for that comment, I would have assumed you to be one of us." Fio cautiously glanced over the male, taking note of the markings upon his side, as well as the clothes upon his back. Everything about him just screamed out of the ordinary. But he couldn't help but feel somewhat familiar with the male. It had to be his choice of clothing, Fio was quite the fan of intriguing things after all.

"So what brings you out here at this hour? Are you looking for someone, perhaps I could be of some help?" Really, he wasn't one to offer help without some sort of gain. But in this case, his reward was going to be more time with this lion. He had to figure out whether his newly found intuition was right.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:15 am
Depawsit

Talfrid nodded his head. He was not sure if this lion was old or young enough to recognize him, really. Not for who he was before he left. He was just a lion who happened to bear some small resemblance to the king. But then, the king was not one of those lions who had a wild pelt color.

"I am looking for someone," he said easily, though he was wary in his head. He watched the other male carefully for a moment, considering his words before he spoke them. "But it is easy to find him. I am just enjoying the pride for the moment.

"You keep looking at me strangely, young one. Are you confused by my looks? Something about me?"

He had an easy air about him at least, outside of the strange sense of Godliness of course. He was a kind lion and a courteous one. He had no reason to suspect bad things of this lion, and the same was true the other way around.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:41 pm
Fio looked a bit confused by the other male's strange response. This was sort of a big place, it was hard to bump into the same lion twice without making some sort of an attempt. But if he felt confident in himself, the more power to him. That's what he wanted to say, but it was just strange. He couldn't brush it off, which only drove him more mad.

"Huh, oh no. Not so much your looks, its your clothing. The finer things in life are my specialty. I'm just admiring the view of your collection." He passed on a fake smile, doing his best to hide his weird obsession. But he just wasn't all that good at it. Giving in to his urge to ask, he finally just blurted it out. Throwing no caution into his wording or even his tone.

"....

You're a god aren't you?"

His voice was a bit loud, but he hardly noticed. His eyes were focused hard on the male's next action. His skeptical expression adding more intensity to the situation.

"I do still like your clothes though..."

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm
Depawsit

Talfrid was not a proud or vain lion. At least, he did not consider himself unduly so. Still, he did like a good compliment, and he held his head higher when he was told his clothes were nice. It was that simple to win over a God, it seemed.

He smiled and nodded his head slowly, almost a bow. It was a gesture he did not even pay attention to very much, as natural to him as nodding regularly, or swishing ones tail might be for other creatures.

Then there was the pause.

Talfrid could see it in the other's eyes, that need to know. It was not surprising that he had been figured out. Though he tried to blend in without magic, the astute would always sniff him out. Feel that strangeness to him. See something they weren't supposed to be able to see. Some lions had a stronger sixth sense than others.

"Indeed I am, you have found me out. Though I hope you might keep the information to yourself. I am here to speak with the King, and perhaps find my home within these lands once again."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 pm
Fio returned the larger lion's bow, with the utmost respect he could muster. It was a deep bow, something he was very unaccustomed to doing. If he had to place a bet, he'd bet the other male knew he wasn't used to it. But it was the gesture that meant the most right?

Coming up from his own bow, he could see the look of concentration in the other's eyes. Then came the answer he'd been expecting, though with a bit more information added to it.

Of course he would keep things hush hush! Confidentiality was his middle name! Placing a paw to his lips he pretended to zip them closed, promptly flinging his paw over his shoulder.

"You have my silence, but you do not have my name. It's Fiorello." He paused a moment, debating whether he should offer his services, before dropping the debate all together. Having not picked up on the 'once again' portion of the god's plea, he quickly opened his mouth to interject.

"I've lived here all my life, is there anything I can help you with? A spot to call your own? Directions to the King?" Of course he was being a little brown nosey, but who wouldn't when surrounded by someone with such tremendous power?

Lithia_Brandon
So sorry this took so long to tag! I completely lost the RP!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:57 am
Depawsit

"I think I can find my way," the God said patiently, with an appreciative look on his face. He glanced toward the castle mountain, nodding at it leisurely. He knew where the King was, and he hoped that they would be able to speak.

Maybe not right away.

"For now, I think I will just spend some time getting used to the pride once more, and hopefully meeting more like you, Sir Fiorello. I lived here once, in the past, but I have only returned now. Well. In any case, I am glad to see it looking so well."

He looked a little distant, thinking about the past. The pride had come a long way, but he had the sense that it was not free of its past yet. Uther was a good ruler, but he had a temper, and a blindness to him that would overwhelm him if he let it.

Talfrid just needed to keep him in line.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:20 pm
Fio nodded in acceptance of the god's wishes, understanding that he might want his own bit of privacy. He supposed he was probably a bit abrupt in approaching the god. He'd have to make amends with that later, but for now he simply dipped his head in Talfrid's direction and slowly backed away. Showing the god the respect he was more than sure he deserved.

"It was a pleasure to meet you." He mumbled just loud enough for Talfrid to hear, before turning tail and marching in the opposite direction.

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games