Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 pm
User Image

Omi was just lazing about, thinking about her true name. Her daughter and her friend had both found theirs, but she was still looking. It was okay, she didn't mind that she was still Ominotago, at least it didn't give her too much to try and remember at once.

Naming problems aside, she was also thinking about her youngest batch of cubs. Adolescents now, they were off on their naming quests. She wondered what they would return to her as. She wondered if she'd find her name before they found theirs.

She couldn't help but laugh at all this thought over names. It was a long time ago she was thinking about anything but names, thinking instead about leaving her home and setting off into the wider lands beyond her pridal borders. It had been the best decision she'd made by far. From it, she'd gained 6 cubs and a heap of friends. There was no downside. Briefly she wondered what her family might be up to, but she pushed the thought aside. She didn't care, not anymore.

Omi had found a new home, and it was perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Sunobari had never felt more at home . . . or more out of place. It was a curious paradox. There was something about the mood and the feel of this place, this swamp land, that was comforting. It felt like family. And yet, she had no idea where she was. She'd been traveling on her own for so long, just wandering, without any family and without any purpose. Her heart still ached at the thought of the tragic day that had stolen her life and light.

It was no one's fault. Nobody could have predicted the sudden rock slide that had claimed the life of her aging father, her grandmother, and her betrothed. The den had collapses so suddenly. And then, she was alone. She'd been out hunting and had come home to find only quiet. She'd simply dropped her kill on the ground and run. There was no way for them to survive.

Ever since then, she'd been searching for a new place to call home. And this strange place called to a part of her. She stumbled, exhausted, and decided that she simply had to rest. Looking around with desperation, she noticed another lioness lounging nearby.

Bari blinked, wondering if she was intruding or if this was another rogue lioness. Deciding to take a chance, she called out.

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry to bother you. Please, where am I?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:17 pm
The green lioness had been so caught up in her thoughts that she did not even notice or hear the other approach. "Well, I guess that shows I'd never be a good candidate for the Ghosts."

"No need to apologize," Omi started. She was used to all kinds of interruptions throughout her day. There was Her eldest daughter, always coming to her with some grand plan or idea, or a story about her days adventure. Her friend, coming to her with questions, wanting advice. Then there were her three youngest, coming to her for just about everything, but most to settle some kind of argument. She was accustomed to interruptions, and she had no problem with them.

"You don't know where you are?" She asked, curious. Well, she supposed, she hadn't know there was a pride her when she'd stumbled across it.

"You're in the lands of the Jini-msemi. Welcome to the swamp!" She said cheerfully.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm
Sunobari was terribly relieved that the other lioness seemed friendly and unlikely to attack. Her tired mind tried to wrap around what she was telling her.

"Thank you, for the welcome. Jini-msemi? So these lands do belong to a pride? I'm sorry, I didn't know," said Bari fervently. She knew that some prides did not like to be approached on their lands. She'd already been run out of a few. Bari turned to go, but found that her paws simply wouldn't move, so she gently lowered herself to the ground.

"I apologize. I'm just so tired and I've been walking for quite some time. I hope it is okay that I rest for a moment."

Her mind turned to the other comment the lioness said.

"The swamp, huh. These are lovely lands. I didn't realize that anyone lived here though. I'm Bari, by the way. Sunobari. I've been on my own, looking for a new place to stay for awhile," she admitted.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:36 pm
Omi listened, and soon became concerned for the other lioness. She didn't seem strong, almost worn completely.

"Yes, they are pridal lands, but you're a lion, so it's okay. There is no law against rogues. How would the pride keep its numbers up after all?" Omi and her whole family had been rogues once, adn now they were members, just like everyone else.

"Please, sit," she said, rushing to her side. "You look exhausted. Do you want anything?" Omi was sure she could find a small source of water nearby for her to drink. They were in the swamplands after all.

"Pleased to meet you Bari. I'm Omi, though sooner or later I wont be." She said, not figuring to comment any further on the stange statement. Omi didn't think that the pride customs weren't really well known.

"I'm sure you'd be welcome to stay here, if you wanted." She offered. She'd made it a home, and many others before her. There was no reason Bari couldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm
Bari was touched by the other lioness's concern. Many of the others that she had run into on her travels had been less than friendly and some even worse than that. It had been a rough time, but here she was being treated like a friend.

She actually managed a smile.

"Thank you, no, I'll be alright in a moment. Just didn't realize how tired I was, I guess," she said with a weak laugh. "Thank you, Omi, for your kindness."

Her mind caught on something interesting that Omi said.

"You won't be? I don't understand. Are you changing your name?" she asked, confused. She'd known of a few lions who had done that before. Her grandmother, for one, had changed her name when she'd taken a mate. It had been part of her tradition. Perhaps it was part of this pride's traditions as well. How interesting.

"Really?" asked Bari, intrigued. "I could stay?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 pm
It took Omi a moment to realize the other lioness had no idea what she was talking about. Changing names, she probably thought she was crazy.

"The Swamp lions believe that although you are given a name at birth, it is not your real name, you have another name, a true name, which is only discovered from the journey your life takes. As a joining rogue, once you find your true name and accept the prides ways, you can become a full member." She nodded, trying her best to explain, but she was sure a full member could do better than her.

"To me, it's a way to start over, once I find my true name, I can be rid of this one. My eldest daughter has found her true name, and my youngest cubs are now off on quests to find theirs. I've not yet to find mine." She said, though there was no hint of sadness. This place had given Omi so much there was no need to be sad.

"Yes, of course! I was a rogue once too, my daughter and my friend too, but we are all now members of the pride." She smiled. It was always good to get someone new in the lands.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 pm
Sunobari blinked, a little confused by the idea of finding your true name. However, it made sense in a way. Perhaps finding a new name, a true name, would be able to help her find a new start at life. And maybe finding a home and friends would help her do it too.

"That sounds very interesting, and rather logical too," said Bari after mulling it over. "Oh wow! You have cubs? I always thought it would be really nice to have a family...."

She'd imagined having cubs with her betrothed one day. Not right away, of course, but she'd assumed it would be inevitable. But now....

"Really? Well then, maybe I should look into staying. This place seems so pleasant and so comforting. Is there any way to learn more about the pride? You've given me such wonderful information already, I'd love to learn more."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 pm
"I do, 6 actually. Though only one is around at the moment." She told Bari. When they'd come from the roguelands, her children had already been adolescents, and two of them had chosen to go off and start their own lives. Her youngest daughter was the only one that stayed.

"I think, you could ask around, I'm sure there are a lot of pride members around that know a lot more than me." She instructed, that's what she'd done, just talked and got to know people.

"And then there is the Queen, you could always talk to her." Omi thought that might be useful as well, and the queen was definitely friendly enough.

"Come, I can take you to the dens, where you can get some proper rest." They weren't too far, and Omi was sure that Bari would enjoy the comfort of the swamp dens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm
"Oh wow, thank you so much....for everything," said Bari, very humbled and touched by the fact that Omi was going out of her way to make her feel welcome and to help her. If the pride had other lions half so decent as Omi, Bari knew it would be a truly wonderful place to live.

With a little effort, Sunobari stood. She was pleased to note that though she was obviously tired, she didn't feel nearly as weak as she had. The chance to just sit and rest in pleasant company, without worrying about danger, had done wonders.

"Again, thank you," said Bari. "You said you used to be a rogue as well. How long ago did you join?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces