Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
That old RAW debate. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imderanged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm
Wow. I don't eat ANYTHING I even think may be "off" If it smells or looks funny I throw it out. Actually I don't even like to eat at buffets and whatnot because it skeeves me out that the food is just sitting out like that and it drives me CRAZY if the bagger at the supermarket packs the raw meat with the prepared foods or raw vegetables! People accuse me of being neurotic about it. But I have always had a weak stomach and now I have some health issues that would make food poisoning a much bigger issue for me than it might be for a "healthy" person, so it's not without a good reason, I think anyway. You could be right, it sounds like you have researched this and have been doing it for some time with no problems, but I couldn't do that. I don't think I'm cut out for raw feeding.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:09 pm
Just got raw boost bites and Instinct kibble ( I think the new one with the raw bits in it). Wana know what you think about mixing raw with kibble. So many sources say not to mix them in the same meal because of the difference in digestion rate. So I'm curious to know why they'd do it on purpose lol. It would totally make my day if we got Nature's Variety raw, but it's pricey and we carry pets 4 life which is much cheaper I believe and 3 other brands as well. As it is, our...5 (had to count in my head lol) freezers are full.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 am
This basically proves what I said about instead of vets getting on board they are making steps against raw.

http://www.petproductnews.com/headlines/2012/08/08/avma-frowns-on-raw-food-diets.aspx?cm_mmc=6538778  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 pm
As with any food, be it kibble, raw, canned, it's all about the ingredients. My sister feeds her dane chicken spines for treats [major hip displaysia] our vet told her they were a good source of glucosamine and told her to NEVER cook them.  

Akiska

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces