Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] So You Want to Be a Soldier? (Kaishori x Abidemi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image

Taking in a deep breath, Kaishori was already up and about for the day. She had come out of the barracks, but wasn't really sure what she wanted to do. There were things, of course, that she could do, but she was still a little cautious when she was alone, not really knowing many others. It was probably the one downside to joining a pride that you weren't born in, and with her small stature, she was afraid that many didn't take her very seriously.

But she didn't really let it get to her; she was a soldier, after all, and she sure wasn't a fearful female at all. It had been her resolve from a very young age that she would never be afraid again, not if she could help it. Especially here, in a pride full of fearless lions.

Step by step, Kai bounced a little as she walked on the sand, a small smile on her face. Stopping for a moment, she looked around, trying to find something interesting or pertinent for her to go do; or at least someone that she could maybe befriend or talk to. Yeah, that'd be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:17 pm
User Image
Abidemi had only been a soldier in Firekin for a short time, but already he was very happy with and proud of his rank. He felt like he could provide better for the pride and make a better legacy for himself and his family. As a new soldier, he loved spending time at the barracks. Though he hadn't had to duel for his own entry into the Simo, he joined when the Hongshan did. He wasn't a part of them, but it made for an easy ticket into the pride, and his transition was made easier when he found he had a grandmother in the pride, Moja. Obviously he wasn't afraid of a fight, though. He'd had some training spars, but never any real duels, not for anyone else's admission. He was kind of itching for one.

He also liked to meet fellow soldiers in his time spent around the barracks. Really, there was an abundance of perks to spending the day there. He was just walking towards them when he saw a lioness leaving the area. Thinking hard, he couldn't remember officially meeting her, but he knew she was a soldier too. He should go introduce himself! Granted, most pride members weren't ones for long chats and pleasantries, but she didn't seem to be of Firekin blood, maybe she wouldn't be as cold as most of them were. Though he himself was distantly related to the founding Firekin members and the royal line (without knowing it), his own Firekin blood was diluted by a number of rogue breedings and flings, and maybe that explained his more pleasant disposition.

He casually strode over to the lioness and bobbed his head in respect. "Good day, soldier. How are you?"  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:18 am
Eyes starting to look a little heavy as Kaishori felt disappointment seeping in, they quickly brightened as she heard a voice of someone approaching her.

Turning her head quickly, she partially tried to hide her excitement; maybe it was because she wasn't from the lands originally, but Kai could never completely get used to the social interactions here. It was made harder by the fact that she had come in not knowing a soul; but she only saw that as a challenge. She had found that her cheery disposition didn't win everyone here over, but maybe this would be a good chance to try again.

"Oh, good day." Grinning at the approaching male, she tried to size him up quickly. He was another soldier, she knew, from all the time she had spent quietly watching others come and go from the barracks. He looked like a classic Firekin - something that her coat didn't necessarily show, with her foreign markings and such. For a moment, she tried to think if he was apart of some large family here; though, she had found that most pride members were related by some means.

"I was just...well, technically, on my way out of the barracks to see if I could be of use somewhere." Well, it was mostly true. Kaishori did enjoy being useful, especially in her new home, but she wasn't actually headed anywhere. If this male hadn't come along, she probably would've ended up just kicking around sand somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm
Abidemi bobbed his head. "Very good! I'll join you." He took to walking next to her, before dropping back a step or two. Maybe he was being too aggressive in trying to have a conversation. "I mean, to know, to see if they could use the both of us." The soldier shrugged.

Besides his familiar, he didn't really have many friends here. But did any soldier of the Firekin?

"Oh, forgive my manners, I'm Abidemi, and I know I've seen you around, but I'm not the best with names." The red male looked sheepishly at the ground.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 am
"Oh!" Kaishori was a little surprised, and she shifted backwards momentarily. His forwardness wasn't something she was used to here, at least not in this friendly manner. With him being closer, though, she was reminded of her small stature.

"Y-yes, that'd be just fantastic!" The cheery smile returning to her face, she tried not to miss a beat; though, she was a little nervous about the fact that she'd actually have to figure out something to do now. But maybe he'd help her out with that.

"Ah, don't worry about it in the least!" Looking back at him, she was actually fairly glad that he didn't know her name, to save her the embarrassment of not knowing his. "My name is Kaishori, and it's lovely to meet you, Abidemi." He seemed like such a kind male, and Kaishori was beginning to wonder if he was rogue-born, like she was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:07 pm
Abidemi breathed a sigh of relief that she was alright with his company. Good. Very good. He smiled. "Kaishori, what a nice name." It didn't mean fire or anything related to it, so he concluded she had been rogue born. He nodded his head. "You're not from the pride then, right? How long have you been here?" He looked at her curiously. It was a habit of his to want to get to know someone as well as he could- pride member or otherwise. Not everyone would humor him, but when someone did, Abidemi did his best to not cross any lines while still learning as much as he could.

He didn't walk too quickly, it seemed he wasn't actually in any rush to get to the barracks and to stop talking to Kaishori.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces