Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm
User Image

It was a sunny morning over the Pridelands as the goddess, in the illusion of a lioness that lacked her horn, stepped out of the Pride Rock and into the sun. Some of the hunters had already departed for what she could only assume to be the morning hunt; something Zimran still had yet to go on. She always managed to find some way to wiggle out of going. The sight of blood and thought of killing just made the gentle goddess want to run the opposite direction. Instead though, she helped nannies mind cubs, hoping to take up the profession herself one of these days.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:24 pm
User Image

Not long has the bright male been within the lands. Just as the sun was peeking up over the horizon he had found himself on the borders of the Pridelands. Persikka had met up with a group of hunters on their way out, and the kindly bunch had pointed him in the direction of Pride Rock. He made the trek slowly, taking in the sights. The lands looked just as they had in his head, hearing stories his mother had told him of the place. it was as if the place had sprung straight from his mind, memories of a story of an older memory. It all felt a bit surreal, but Persikka was excited to see more of these lands.

It did not take long of travelling for him to spot the structure that was surely Pride Rock. Even from the distance he was it looked amazing. As the male came closer his awe at the rocks grew. He could not even begin to comprehend how they came to be. Surely the gods themselves has placed this structure here, for he could think of no other way for it to exist. Persikka slowed to a halt, watching the mass of bodies milling about as lions started the day.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:25 pm
It wasn't long after Persikka had began to near Pride Rock that Zimran, under the guise of a lioness of similar markings though very much lacking her distinctive horn, spotted the bright male. He seemed new, very new...possibly a rogue or a returning member? He was someone she had never seen before, though he might be someone she would like to know. Her ears fell back at the thought of having to approach someone though. What if he just started asking questions she could not answer? She was new as well and still learning what the Pridelanders had to offer.

Regardless, she had no way of truly knowing if he would or not unless she asked! With that thought in mind, the goddess mad her way down the stones to the grass to greet the newcomer.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm
As the large, peach lion came to the base of the stone structure he stopped, his eyes having just caught sight of the pale lioness descending the stones in his direction. He glanced quickly around him, making sure there was not some other lion nearby that she might have been going towards. Unfortunately there were plenty of other lions around, however as he turned back she was still coming his way. Maybe she was coming to greet him. He was new, after all, a fact he had to remind himself.

Persikka stood in place, a bit confused at his own inaction. Normally he was quite the sociable one, able to approach others easily, however he was having a hard time making his paws follow what his mind was telling them to do. Move, go forward and greet her as well. However they stayed rooted to the spot. Such a lovely lady coming this way and he felt like a big fool just standing there and staring.

"Hello there!" He finally managed to get out, grinning lopsidedly afterwards. "I am looking for Pride Rock. Have I found it?"  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 pm
"Bonjour!" Zimran called back with a phrase that Xavier, the god of the cursed, had taught her as she picked up her pace to a jog. He was new to the Pridelands, that much was obvious due to his demeanor but she kept it in her mind that she was still relatively new as well. The goddess smiled brightly as he asked Pride Rock. "You have, friend. I assume the scouts sent you this way to join the pride? The Pridelands seems to always have a flow of new members, but the life here is able to cope with new members without trouble it seems. It is definitely a blessing." She shook her head, laughing softly, "I'm sorry, I'm rambling now. I'm Zimran. A pleasure to meet you."  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:16 pm
Bonjour? Persikka was momentarily confused. He had never heard such a word before. Such a curious lady he had met. She went on to confirm to him that he had come to the right place, and he simply nodded as she spoke, his silly lopsided grin still on his maw until she finished. “Oh yes, I was directed this way. Not surprised to hear there are many coming to this place to live, it is quite lovely.” He spoke, glancing around as he did. “Just as I had pictured it in my head.” He continued, this time more softly, as if he were voicing aloud a thought without quite realizing it.

“Lovely to meet you at well, Zimran.” He bowed his head lightly, though kept his eyes on her. “I am, uhh.” He paused. His name had suddenly slipped his mind. He chided himself mentally for acting like an awkward adolescent, standing there in silence while this beautiful lioness waited for his own name. He must have looked quite silly to her. A nervous chuckle escaped his maw, and just then it came back to him. “Persikka. My name is Persikka.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:59 am
The disguised goddess dipped her head as she flashed him a smile. "Likewise, Persikka." Zimran couldn't lie, she was amused by the nervousness of the male. There had been one male that was already in the Pridelands that had been a little nervous with her, but why he was, she still wasn't sure why. She glanced behind her at Pride Rock then back to him. "Is this your first time here? You seem to be acting like you've been here before." It seemed like a stupid question once it had left her mouth. Oh this would have been something she would have told Xiu Xiu in one of their gossip-sharing nights. That is...if she had any idea where her darker half-sister was.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm
Persikka looked back at Pride Rock as well, after Zimran had asked her question. A faint smile fell across his maw. “It feels as if I am returning to a place I knew, but this is only my first time setting foot within these lands. I have been here in my mind, through stories told to me by my mother, and it looks so much how I had imagined it. Though my imagination did little justice to how impressive Pride Rock is. Like nothing I have seen before.” His previous nervousness seemed to have left him as he spoke, however his nervous, half-grin came back as he looked back at Zimran. “Have you lived here all your life?”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 pm
She couldn't help but let out a small laugh at the adult male's amazement at the massive size of the pride's main home. "Pride Rock is an impressive sight, I'm sad to say that the wonder of beholding it for the first time will likely fade though as it has for me. I suppose that comes with seeing it every day." Zimran glanced from the gigantic rock formation back to Persikka. "No, I haven't been here that long actually, so I'm similar to you I suppose; a newcomer. Come on then, I'll take you inside and get you introduced and properly brought into the pride." The lioness turned, and started to make her way back up into the pride's dens. She paused and glanced over her shoulder, giving Persikka a smile as she motioned for him to follow her before continuing on.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:59 pm
Persikka nodded lightly. “I am sure with time I will get over my amazement.” He couldn’t help keeping his gaze upon the lioness. As impressive a sight as Pride Rock was, he believed he had found something, or rather someone, that was so much more magnificent. His ears burned with a hidden blush, and he was certainly glad it couldn’t be seen under his fur.

“I see. “It’s nice to find someone else new to this place.” He spoke softly, forcing himself to try and put his attention back on her words. “Oh, but thank you. I must admit I am a bit eager to see this place from the inside.” Persikka turned to follow her, smiling back at Zimran as he made his way up the rocks after her. His attention so focused on the lioness ahead he nearly tripped on a rock, stumbling lightly over it. Ears burned once more, this time in embarrassment, as he righted himself to continue to follow her. He glanced around quickly, hoping neither she nor anyone else had noticed.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces