Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Equality now this video broke my heart please reshare

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eiri Yuki007

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:33 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9gyloyOjM
This is a Video on Equality and one personal story of what happens when ignorance and no tolerance equals out to love to hear your feed back and please reshare  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm
That is so sad!
Oh My God... What right did Tom's parents have to judge his way of life?

Being gay isn't some damned medical condition!
It isn't treatable by medication or therapy, being gay is not a disease!

It's a way of life, A way to love someone...
Love has no gender and it has no judgements!

I hope that someday Shane can find someone he can love just as much as he did Tom.

Sure no one can replace Tom in Shane's heart but i know any man would be lucky to have a wonderful guy like Shane...  

silver-vixen-babydoll

Ruthless Regular

21,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:55 pm
That is the saddest story I heard. It's bad enough that Tom's family acted the way they did but I feel so bad for Shane and how he wasn't even allow to go the funeral or see him at the hospital.

This isn't right. People shouldn't be treated that way just because of who they fell in love with. Hope someday Shane can find love again and hope that people will be more accepting.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 pm
I actually cried a little when I saw this. I can't believe Tom's family acted that way toward Shane... they could at least honor Tom's memory by allowing him at the funeral. And who talks about finances less than 24 hours after their son's death? Some people accept the passing of a loved one faster than others, but I don't think that's possible. At all.

I hope Tom's family will eventually come to accept gay people instead of assaulting them.

On a completely unrelated note [I know, a bad pun], my school used the same song at the beginning of this video for their "Our Generation" student-written poem.  

Stars Flying

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm
I would like to watch this video, but from the comments of it being sad makes me not want to(Edit: Because I know I would break down and cry most likely!). How people treat gays is ridiculous, and the ignorance makes me want to leave this planet as I hope it will stop one day. I wish the people in the video a great life ahead and hope.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:25 am
I didn't find out until after watching this video that Tom was from the same town as me. It's a very small town, and very close-minded I've come to notice. (i've only lived here for about 2 years.)

My in-laws actually know Tom's parents, I asked them right after seeing this video. It really makes me ashamed to live in a town with this kind of hate. My heart goes out to Tom and his partner <3 So heartbreaking and devastating..  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm
So sad, but very inspiring. I posted it on my Twitter and Facebook. Other people need to know about this.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm
My God, I can't imagine going through something like that. It's bad enough to lose your partner, but to have their family keep you from attending his funeral? That's just too much. I'm definitely going to spread this video around.

I haven't been this angry about something in a while. I hope that poor man can stay strong.

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

IrisLove094

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 pm
i saw this video yesterday balled my eyes out for a good hour hopefully someday shane will find love and happiness again no one will ever replace tom but he deserves to be happy what toms parents did was absolutely unacceptable  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games