Submit

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 pm
Behiye let out a loud yawn as she stepped out of her den and into the bright sunlight outside. She'd had a good sleep, but it just hadn't been enough. Exhaustion was taking it's toll on her body and it was driving her crazy! She'd hardly been able to take care of her duties as of late, having taken to sleeping instead. Lucky for her, she had a Father who would do anything for her. He'd taken to the extra chores easily, refusing to admit that it could be wearing on his older body. Words could never express just how much she loved and admired that lion, regardless of what everyone said about him.

As the sunlight lit up her fur, Behiye's lips curled into a small smile. Stretching her front legs out before her she curled her tail along her back, allowing the sun to reach every muscle it could. Today was going to be a good day, she could just feel it. And thought she was physically still exhausted, she felt confident she could get some work done! Now if only she could find her Father..

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm
Sabit was also having quite a lazy day, so far. It was how most of her last few days had gone, actually, ever since a Qyrhyeshti patrol had found her lost and near death just inside their borders. She had strayed far from home since the dispersal of her pride, strayed just a little too far, and had ultimately been no match for the desert heat. Her coat was dark and thick, adapted to cooler temperatures, and unable to find water, she hadn't lasted long. This pride, of which she yet had little understanding, had saved her life.

The orange-marked lioness lay stretched out in the shade of the oasis, still looking much worse for wear...but she was alive, and that was much more important than how scraggly she looked.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:55 pm
First things first! She needed some water, and she needed it bad. She had a bad habit of drooling in her sleep, and it always made her mouth really dry as a side effect. With a small grunt of satisfaction, Behiye returned to her normal position, now feeling alert enough to continue her day.

As she neared the oasis though, something odd caught her eye. Well she supposed it wasn't odd, but more unexpected. There lying in the shade was a darker colored lioness, but she didn't look too good. Her fur was disheveled and there was a strange odor around the area. Her nose shriveled back in response, but she ignored it. Slowly padding her way closer to the lioness in question.

"Uh excuse me... i'm sorry to be so forward but ... ah ..." Behiye paused racking her brain for a polite way to say this.. "Are you alright? You don't really seem all that well.."

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm
"Nngh?" Sabit groaned and opened her eyes to see who was speaking. That was not someone she had seen before, but to be fair, her first couple of days were pretty much a senseless jumble, and even now that she was more lucid, she'd been spending more of her time asleep than awake.

"Nn, yeah, 'm fine," she mumbled, rolling onto her stomach and rising into a sit. She yawned and shook the sand from her tuft of a 'mane.'

...except that made her dizzy, and so she amended, "Will be, anyway."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:28 pm
Behiye froze in place for a moment, watching silently as the female rose to a sitting position. She didn't look all that well to her, but she didn't really want to force herself onto her either.

"You don't look fine. I've been this pride my entire life, fine doesn't really exist." She laughed slightly, thinking of all the battles she'd come out of, insisting she was fine. Only to later develop the scars she now proudly displayed. "At least not a normal definition of fine." Offering a friendly smile, Behiye stepped closer.

Noting the female's change in expression. her own expression changed. Well softened is a better term. "Well, if there's anything I can help you with ... I'm free for the day, and i'd be glad to help in any way I can."

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 pm
"Fair enough. Fine in the sense that I'm breathing, then." Sabit dipped her head to wipe at her eyes with a paw. "I've been better, obviously, but I'll take breathing over dead any day."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to know a little more about where I am. I've got bits and pieces, but nothing really cohesive."

Looking up with clearer eyes, she added, "I'm Sabit, by the way."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm
Behiye chuckled lightly at the other lioness' remark, it was a bit out of place, but she'd never really had much of a funny bone. "I think that's a good mindset to have." She paused. "The breathing part I mean!" Offering another friendly smile, her expression faltered slightly at her newest comment.

"Oh, I didn't peg you for very familiar!" Nodding to herself she continued on. "No offense of course!" Behiye took a few steps closer and plopped her rear down near the female.

"Well it might help to know what you know. But as a general overview, you're currently in the Qyrhyeshti pride. Over that away -" She nodded her head to left, indicating a good bit of a ways. "Are the Burkuteshti. They're the other pride who claims these lands as their own. If you don't know yet, and if you plan to stay. You should stay up to date on the boundaries around here. They tend to change quite a bit." Rolling her eyes a bit she continued. "We're not really the best of friends around here, so you should watch your back." Behiye froze a moment taking in her own words. "B-But i'm perfectly safe, I mean you no harm!" Plastering a quick smile on her maw, she introduced herself. "I'm Behiye, is there anything else you'd like to know?"

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm
"From what I gather, I'm stuck here for awhile, at least." Sabit's voice was raspy, but it was gradually smoothing out the more she spoke. "Not that I'm...ungrateful." She might have landed herself in the middle of a war, but at least she was alive for the forseeable future. She liked to think she'd see something like her potential death coming, but her sight was clearly unreliable, since she hadn't seen anything regarding all this.

"No offense, but what're you fighting over a this place for? There're better places to live than a desert."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 am
Behiye's demeanor changed as she listened to Sabit's words. She felt a little sorry for her, but at the same time she was glad to have the chance to meet her. It wasn't often she got the chance to run into anyone except her Dad.... Not that she was complaining or anything.

"Oh then you must ..." Behiye's ears flattened a bit before she went on, "You must owe a debt right?" Her voice was sympathetic, but also curious. Where exactly had Sabit come from, and why was she stuck here? While the latter was obvious, she still wanted to know more.

"Hehe, I don't think I can disagree with you. But its a fight that has been raging for quite some time. Truthfully, I don't think either side really knows how the fighting truly began. I think it's more tradition at this point." She winked, trying to make a slight joke out of their circumstances. "The pride really isn't a bad place, as long as you know how to stay on your toes!"

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm
"Yeah." The green-eyed lioness nodded. "I got lost out in the desert and one of you found me and dragged me back here. Dunno who it was, all I remember is they were white. I've seen a few others, but I wasn't really in any shape for introductions." Sabit stood with a painfully slow stretch, and moved the few steps to the water's edge so she could take a drink.

"Fighting just to fight, huh? I guess I can understand that."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 pm
Behiye nodded her head at lioness' words, "Yes, that is how they do things. I suppose they bring back the stragglers because it will boost our ranks? Never really understood it myself." She shrugged, thinking more into the idea of a white lion. There weren't many of them, especially in this climate. But then, she couldn't quite place her finger on an exact ringer either.

"Yeah that's my view anyway. But you - well I guess I can't help it. This is my home, and i'll follow our beliefs to the grave. That probably sounds silly to hear from someone like you, but I imagine a bunch of things sound silly." She smiled fondly noting the female standing to get some water.

"I really should get going, my Father is probably out stalking the pride for me. I-It was a pleasure to meet you! Perhaps we can meet again, on less rushed and painful circumstances!" Nodding to herself and not really at her companion, she quickly stopped, realizing just how silly she looked. "Don't let them be too rough on you, just do what they say and you'll be good to go." Behiye nodded one last time in Sabit's direction before kicking her heels and dashing off.

[IC] Jahy Sarlarin Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games