Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:29 am
User Image

To say she was bored was an understatement. With the pirates away with their captains, doing..well.. whatever it was they did, she found she had nothing to do. Normally she spent her day helping the corsairs when they needed it. But even they were taking some downtime to get some time for themselves. She supposed she was supposed to appreciate having some free time. But Fable found she could get lost in her imagination without something to keep her focused. She was a daydreamer, and she tried to ignore her playful ideas.. But when she had nothing to do that was just not possible.

The wild dog was sitting, staring out at the beach as the waves hit her paws. She loved staring out over the water, but then she imagined she could make out mermaids just under the surface. The thought alone made her snort.

"Silly.. Those are simply legends. The mermaids around here, weren't only found in the water as dolphins might be," She said to herself.. Great. Another sign that she was a bit too bored for comfort.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 am
Fantome

The hard grass stabbed her paws. Fantome winced and gingerly removed a spiky bit that wedged it's way in between her toes. To say she's never been to the ocean is an understatement. She's never been around a large body of water bigger than a small lake let alone a vast sea. So far, her experience with a beach involved a blazing hot sun and grass hard enough to stab through a mouse.

She continued to step through the grass until her paws sunk into fine sand. She wiggled her toes as her paws became engulfed by the smooth substance. "This is more like it," she said aloud. No more ridged spears to worry about.

After admiring the new sensation of sand, Fantome glanced up. The ocean spanned before her and she couldn't see where it ended. The colors danced in its belly, changing from purple to blue as what she guessed cause by a fish swimming in the light. The sheer size of the thing was astronomical.
Fanthome took a couple more steps, mesmerized by the water.  

Skyflu
Crew

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am
Fable heard the voice, flicking her ear and then turning her head curiously to the sound. She smiled, it had been awhile since she had seen another female wild dog like herself. The Pirates were full of lions mostly, but she was starting to slowly see an influx of other species joining the ranks. She was hoping more Wild Dogs would start to make their presence known.

"It's lovely, isn't it?" She asked, her eyes going back towards the ocean. Her paws were wet, and she stood, splashing in the shallow part of the waves.

She was a social girl, and to get her to stop talking was difficult. But her heart was in the right place, and she did indeed try to just be friendly to everyone. She was an odd pirate, but then again it was the males that had most of hte aggression around here.

"You new around here?" She asked, though she already knew the answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 am
Startled, Fantome skidded back only to find herself flat on her butt from stepping into a dip in the sand. Great..., she thought. She's been on the beach for five minutes and already she's making a fool of herself. Paws placed squarely under neither her, she hoisted herself back up. With one ear tilted down in embarrassment, she turns to the speaker.

"Oh no, I come to the beach all the time. Isn't it obvious with my wonderful sand walking skills?" She attempts humor to cover up her faults. There's no way she wants to appear weak and stupid in front of a native.
Fantome walks over to the edge of the water. She places her paw over it and pats it a couple times. "Yep, this here water is the best. Don't you just...ug.. love this foam stuff?" She withdraws her paw to find foam on the end of it. A disgruntle look settles in her face before she quickly shakes her paw free of the foam. Her eyes dart back to speaker while she tries to smile for recovery.  

Skyflu
Crew

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 am
Blu Chalk

She hadn't meant to scare, or startle anyone. Quite the contrary actually, but she supposed her excitement at someone of the same species made her a little over zealous. She smiled, and blew it off. She knew what it was like meeting strangers, and had she not belonged to the pride, she might have been scared of meeting someone in it too.

"Oh yes. I suppose I wasn't paying enough attention." She chuckled, teasing a little. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. It was probably why she was a Corsair, and didn't like stealing from others.

"I agree, this is really amazing water. Biggest I've seen too. I've seen jumping fish, and even shark fins. It's pretty awesome." She said with a soft, friendly smile.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Fantome relaxed the tension in her shoulders. The smile on the other Wild Dog's face was too welcoming to be a threat. Of course, she could possibly be trespassing on someone's territory. Unfortunately, Fantome didn't think of those things much when she explores. So far, she's been lucky, but she's heard of stories of others getting very testy when somebody places a paw in their "zone".

Her attention was brought back to the speaker when she spoke again. At the word 'shark', her ears shot up.
"Sharks!" She jumped up on all fours and padded in one place. "There are sharks in the water?! Oh, wow! I've never seen a shark before!" Her excitement sent bolts of adrenaline through her body. Sharks are things of legend in her mind. This one time a rogue told her of story of how he lost an eye to a shark.... well, he was lying since he still had both his eyes... but still. It was a cool story.

Fantome bobbed up and down a couple more times before realizing how stupid she must look. She immediately tried to stop, but the excitement was too much to bare. "Do you think a shark will come out today?" She blurted out.  

Skyflu
Crew

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm
Blu Chalk

She smiled at the excitement, feeling it a bit contagious as she nodded happily. "Yes! I have seen them a few times, though they are really dangerous. The fact you haven't seen them is proobably a good thing." She chuckled. She liked how friendly the other was.. Mainly because wild dogs were so scarce around here that if she had been aggressive, it would have spelled rather dissappointing to Fable.

She found herself wiggling almost as excited as the other did. Her tail wagging as her butt waved back and forth. She couldn't seem to sit still, and that was a little unlike her!

"They could! They usually are seen around sunset. That is usually when they begin feeding, or so we think. We aren't sure but it's a theory. Theories are better than nothing!" She grinned.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Ah, yes. A theory. Fantome nodded in agreement.
"How do you think they came up with that? I mean... somebody had to get close enough to watch one." She pondered the possibility of swimming along side a shark. It sounded really scary, but fun.
"Oh! Oh! I bet you could, like, dig a deep hole or something, and...and... fill it with water somehow. Then... then, get the shark in the hole and put some fish in there. Somebody just has to watch the hole and count how many fish the shark eats when!"

Fantome began pawing the sand, testing the hole making capabilities of the sand. If someone could get the shark in their own hole, then maybe they could teach the shark to be a guard or something. That would be so cool. Having you're own shark as a personal bodyguard in the water.
The thought of a shark bodyguard drew Fantome's attention away from the other Wild Dog and back to the ocean. Speaking of fish and sharks, she was beginning to get hungry...

Fantome snapped back to the other and stepped closer.
"Well, my name is Fantome and I'm starting to get super hungry. Do you know what's good to eat around here?"  

Skyflu
Crew

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm
Blu Chalk

"I have no idea. But I am no where near brave enough to be close to one of those things. I've seen them do some nasty work to things!" She said with wide ey es, and a shake of her head. She had absolutely no interest in trying to figure out why they called anything that dangerous what they did.

She pondered the idea for a minute, before smiling and nodding exhuberantly. Why yes! That just had to work right? She nodded again, and chuckled.
"I imagine that would be a good plan! Though the sand is sort of spongey, and absorbs the water when there isn't enough water to sand." She said. She was a smart girl, and she knew that if there was more sand than water, it would do no good.

"Umm... Well.. If you were a member, I'd offer you the fish that I brought back to the dens. Though.. We could make you a member!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 am
Buffy_the_Blood

((Congrats on the honeymoon and wedding things! I just saw it in your sig. That's so exciting! ))

Fantome imagined sharp fangs slicing through flesh. She's never seen a shark before, but can understand the pure power behind such a deadly set of teeth. The thought sent a shiver through her whole body. Yep, maybe she won't invest in the idea. Some other time then.

Fantome was brought out of her thoughts at the mention of becoming a member.
"A member!" She shouted and hopped up on all fours. "What kind of club are you guys in? When I was a pup, my friends and I used to make secret clubs all the time. Only members knew about it, so no adults allowed!" They would get in trouble all the time. Drove her mother mad, but in the end, she knew her mother loved her. Fantome just seemed to test that all the time with her antics.  

Skyflu
Crew

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 am
Blu Chalk
(Thank you! I'm so excited!<3)

"We aren't in a club silly! We are a pride! We aren't like others though, because obviously we allow more than just lions around. It's the one place I've felt safest in all my life." She smiled with a nod. Then she wagged her tail, and motioned for the other to follow.

"C'mon! I'll show you around. There's no way you'd want to leave once you see this place." She said genuinely, and began prancing back towards the main pridal area.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" She chanted and took off with glee. She was happy that it seemed she had a brand new friend.

(End maybe? We could have another if you wanted. This was cute XD)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

A new adventure! This sounds fun!

Fantome couldn't stop wagging and wiggling her butt. She felt like she was little again and her friends were waiting for her.

"Oh, no you don't!" Fantome chased after the other Wild Dog, yipping in excitement.

End.

((This is perfect. -snip-))  

Skyflu
Crew

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out