Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What do I do..?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm
I have never really been a girly girl, excluding nail polish, and I have always been the guy in almost any game. I have never really fit in with anyone and most of my friends are guys.

Anyway back on track..Haha

So I have a boyfriend currently and we both have this one bisexual friend. I always thought she was pretty but maybe since a year ago, starting with her..Girls were starting to become more attractive to me. I found myself starting to like girls and this friend is my first "girl crush" althought I could never say that to her. I recently started to question my sexuality for a variety of reasons, listed or not listed here, and came out to my friend as "questioning" and she was very accepting.

I dont know what to even say to other people or how to even begin to talk about this. And I believe im bisexual but I think it is the fear of how people will judge me is keeping me from accepting how I truly feel.

What should I do or how should I open up to people...especially my friend and boyfriend about being bisexual? My stomach twists and turns thinking about their reactions  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 pm
I know the exact way you feel, as I am bi-sexual~
It is difficult, thinking how your friends will react, but your friends know you. And they most likely know your "different" at the least.
This is a sort of mean thought, but no matter what race, if you're gay, white, straight, there is someone out there who will always not like you. (Not you, but you as in people in general) Basically trolls. So don't fear coming out : ) Accept who you are~ There will alway be people out there looking for someone to hate on, simply because they are jealous for your life, and how you were brave enough to express who you are!
In my opinion, especially when one is not sure, before telling your friends, tell your parents/family that you think you may be gay. Letting them know early, helps as it makes then react better if you do end up being gay.
But if you are sure you are bi-sexual, then just tell your friends. If they don't approve of it, they still like you, no matter what they say. If they stop talking to you, then they weren't your real friends in the first place. And if you are not sure that you are bi-sexual, my opinion would be to wait.
I don't mean to scare you, but I am not sure how your boyfriend will act, as I don't know him. He may be surprised, but stay with you. He may think it's hot, as some guys do. Or he may not stay in contact with you. But he will most likely love you for who you are, no matter what!

I hope everything turns out well : ) And good luck~

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces