Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
When Is One Considered A "Slut"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slut?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Jaydix

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 pm
Okay, so...here's the deal. I'm very much sexually active, and let me tell you...I love sex. Lots and lots of sex. I'm always on the prowl for fresh new man-meat.

I just want to know, have I completely crossed the threshold? Am I a slut?

I mean...I find myself on Grindr (a gay, social geo-based app on your phone) to meet new guys.

I'm constantly flirting, and I always have sex on the mind.

Today, however, I for some strange reason took a step back and looked at myself and I wasn't completely satisfied with what I saw.

With that knowledge, am I a slut? If I am...what the heck do I do about all this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm
I actually wrote a whole term paper on the usage of the word slut (Though it was more based on a feminism type deal) and as it turns out, "Slut" Isn't really meant to associate with one who has sex a lot. It's meant to be associated with people who others believe to be 'easy' or openly asking for-open sexual relationships with people without actually settling down.

On a more..foul note, men in the LGBT scene are almost expected to be promiscuous and frivolous with the men they sleep with (From an outside view, of course.)
Now being a male, it's a little different. Science says that it's acceptable for guys to be so sexually active, because our sexual drive is so much different than females.

What I'm trying to say is no, no you're not a slut. :Y

Beetlejuice

Poltergeist Loiterer

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 pm
I'd only consider it a problem if you were having unprotected sex with multiple partners. Other than that, someone else's sexual history is none of my concern.

If you're really worried that you may be a "slut" or whatever, I suppose you could writing down a list of things you don't like about your sex life, and start a series of goals. Step one could be: "Delete Grindr from phone."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm
That's a relief!

Thanks for the info. I was a little worried there that maybe I was turning into a sex-a-holic or something.

Nevertheless, thanks again for your time.

Jaydix

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

Jaydix

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 pm
Centipedes In Utero
I'd only consider it a problem if you were having unprotected sex with multiple partners. Other than that, someone else's sexual history is none of my concern.

If you're really worried that you may be a "slut" or whatever, I suppose you could writing down a list of things you don't like about your sex life, and start a series of goals. Step one could be: "Delete Grindr from phone."

'Tis true. I need to get rid of that thing. =/

Thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 pm
I do not like using the S word, so I will say "dirty person".
But to ask if one's a "dirty person" is a matter of opinion. People are sexually active these days, at least it seems, and it depends on the extent. In my opinion, if someone will just sleep with someone they just met, that's what I personally view as a "dirty person". As well as someone who is married, and sleeps around with other married people. Which, truly isn't really a "dirty person" it's just immoral. But that's what my view is on it.
But I don't truly think you are one, you seem to be a young adult who is active.

Edit: Simply liking to sleep around, and having it on your mind all the time does not mean you are a "dirty person". Men are the most sexually active between the ages of 21-30, as woman are most active when they are 30-38.

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 am
I don't really think that there's anything wrong with participating in casual sex. As long as you're using protection and being careful about it, I'd say that it's just fine. The only time that I see a problem with it is when someone is knowingly sleeping with another person who's supposed to be in a committed relationship with another person. It's obviously not the person's fault if their sleep-buddy lies to them, but I'd say that you cross a line when you willingly go along with sleeping with someone who's 'taken,' and you're fully aware of it.

I digress - the point is, no, there's nothing wrong with casual sex. Just make sure that the people you're doing it with are aware that you're not looking to do anything serious with them, and you should be good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 am
-Divine Anathema-
Okay, so...here's the deal. I'm very much sexually active, and let me tell you...I love sex. Lots and lots of sex. I'm always on the prowl for fresh new man-meat.

I just want to know, have I completely crossed the threshold? Am I a slut?

I mean...I find myself on Grindr (a gay, social geo-based app on your phone) to meet new guys.

I'm constantly flirting, and I always have sex on the mind.

Today, however, I for some strange reason took a step back and looked at myself and I wasn't completely satisfied with what I saw.

With that knowledge, am I a slut? If I am...what the heck do I do about all this?

you are defienitely not a slut. you might just b a nymphomaniac like me. sex always on the mind your always flirting and its the way you are. dont worry if your always looking for new man-meat it just means your not a slut just a nymphomaniac (aka a sex addict)  

jeffrulz2

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:42 pm
You're considered a slut when someone else decides that your life choices don't measure up to their standards. biggrin

There doesn't seem to be any consensus as to what exactly makes someone a slut. The number of partners one's had obviously doesn't matter.
I mean, I've heard people use "slut" to describe an individual who'd only had sex with one other person. Hell, I knew a "slut" who was a virgin. Her complete lack of sexual experience didn't matter; just dressing "provocatively" is apparently enough to earn the label.

Then there's the fact that there are apparently so very many more female sluts and queer male sluts than there are male sluts. razz It's not a term that gets attached to straight men all that often.

The only thing that seems to have any consistency is that the people using the slur are the ones who are unhappy in some way.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about being a "slut".

I don't think there's anything wrong with being sexually active or having multiple partners (provided that everyone's consenting and whatnot).

That said, we do need to be aware of the possible consequences. The physical risks are well-known, and (hopefully) we all take precautions when it comes to safe-guarding our health. Just don't forget the mental and emotional health aspect.
I don't think anyone should necessarily care what their acquaintances and friends think of their sex life, but unless you're incredibly discreet, it's a good idea to be prepared to deal with gossip. Even if you've got a thick skin, finding out that you've got a negative reputation can really hurt. I don't condone the nasty name-calling, but it's an unfortunate fact of life that you need to keep in mind. Even if no one else knows, worrying about what others would think can really drag you down.

To sum it all up, no, I do not think you're a slut. But if your sexual encounters are starting to make you unhappy or affect your self-image, then you might want to take a break from them (and sites like Grindr) for a while. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm
all you have here is a delema of morals, I have those a couple times a month, but (no offense) you do sound a tick "Sluty" point is don't obsess over one quality about your life, for example, I'm a fat kid, I obsessed so much to the loss of weight my grades dropped one year, yeah somethin' I wanna change, but I don't freak over it.  

xxlazerwolfxx

xterior motif

Dangerous Werewolf

10,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 am
I made it a point to count the number guys and try to remember the guy i actually let do real SEX with me. Looking back on it, my number has reached the double digits, and I won;t share as to keep my personal life private, but I haven't had sex in over 8 months, and let's just say I definitely do not follow the trend I did several years ago. So with that being said, I feel like sluttiness can be classified in phases.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:21 pm
Thanks for all the input, everyone. I guess I had a lack of self confidence for a moment. Usually I don't really care about my reputation, nor what people think of me.

I was just worried, I suppose, that I'd end up like one of those people that go to orgies or nude parties and whatnot.

But I just think I have a high sex drive and have no qualms utilizing it.

Whatever the case may be, again I appreciate everyone's input on the matter and a lot of these posts have been very refreshing to read. :]

Jaydix

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items