[PRP] The Prisoners (Bazazi and Merari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm
"This is a joke." Merari snarled, clearly in a bad temper that day. He was speaking out loud, though it was likely he was just ranting at himself, seeing as he was still scratching angrily at the the wall to loosen a damned gemstone which just would not budge. "Think they can treat us like this. Speak to us like we're dirt. Hah! They wouldn't be so tough if there weren't so many of them."

And with a loud growl he dug his claws into the crumbling stone and wrenched downwards. The gemstone came away from the wall with a chunk of compact earth, snapping one of his claws so short that it started to bleed.

The gemstone clattered to the floor and, in irritation, Merari gave it an angry swipe, sending it skittering across the floor of the tunnel he'd been stationed in. If he couldn't take his frustration out on the guards then he'd damned well take it out on the stones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm
User Image

Bazazi always seemed to be in a good mood- at least, he always seemed very calm and carefree. His worst day had to be when his general malpractice as a merchant was discovered and, for once, he couldn't talk or buy his way out of it.. but he rebounded nicely in the prison. Keeping busy was his way of dealing with it and so far, he had never even struggled to meet his quota. Having just taken out a couple gems, he was walking past, humming quietly, when Merari was snarling loudly about his misfortune.

And then the gemstone that was flung across the tunnel hit him in the paw, causing him to stop. He looked down at it for a second before kicking it back towards Merari.

"Don't want to lose that," he said.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:00 pm
Merari looked up and growled hotly. "What do I care? There's more where that came from." Far, far more. Which was perhaps a good thing because what else would they have the prisoners do if not dig for gemstones? Patrol up and down on an endless march? Force them to do battle with one another until they either died or collapsed with exhaustion?

He snorted, shaking his wounded paw as the dull throb of his broken claw began to increase in intensity. "Hey, do I know you?" Merari questioned, narrowing his eyes. "No, I don't think I do. Face is too pretty for one of my friends." He laughed as if at some private joke, thinking of his ragtag band of troublemakers, scruffy and flea-bitten. "What did you do to get thrown in here? You don't look like the sort."

And, with that question asked, he leaned in casually against the wall, clearly not caring about getting caught.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 pm
He stayed fixed on the spot where he'd been struck by the gem, looking at Merari with a small smile even as he continued to growl about the gem. Well, if he didn't want it, Bazazi didn't see a problem with him taking it for himself. He took a step closer as Merari tried to get a better look at him, pretending to try to get a better look back.

"Thanks," he said off-handedly despite the laugh Merari had about calling him pretty, "Nah, you look familiar but I don't think we've met." His eyes wandered as Merari asked what he did to get thrown in the prisoner, not forgetting the gem at his feet but not actually taking it back yet.

"I was a merchant in Mkoani, made some bad deals," he shrugged.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm
"Ha!" Merari's burst of laughter was perhaps louder than it should have been and earned him a few worried looks from the other workers. Growling back at them dismissively, he continued. "Some bad deals. Too smart for your own good, I guess. Someone else must be cashing in now that you're here. Bet that must hurt."

And whilst Bezazi had not forgotten the gem it was becoming more and more clear that Merari had.

"You want to know why I'm in here?" And without waiting for the answer, he continued anyway. "It's all a bit hush hush but it's not like I care who knows. After all, as far as I'm concerned, I wasn't the one in the wrong. There was this stupid Toka female. She wanted me but I said no, straight to her face. Let's just say she wasn't happy, called lies about me trying to seduce her and BAM. Here I am."

It was a lie. Well, mostly a lie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm
As carefree as Bazazi was, it did frustrate him knowing his competitors- some as crooked as he was- were getting all of his business now without him. For a moment, he did look annoyed- and he took the chance to swat at the gemstone by his feet, bringing it closer to him and then just moving it back and forth in the dirt idly as the conversation continued.

At least he had this, now.

"What a shame," he said idly, looking Merari up and down after his story and barely hiding his skepticism. He wouldn't have trusted the word of an angry stranger to start with, "I hope she wasn't too cruel or you could be here for a very long time."  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm
Merari's eyes flicked once to the gem and then moved back to the other's face set with those strange, strange eyes. They were too bright in that dark face of his, familiar to the gems in this dark, dingy place. They seemed unnatural.

"Don't you worry about that. I'll be getting out of here sooner or later. I've been here enough to know how this place works. The guards will tire of me soon and send me back out. Then I'll get the chance to spread some rumours of my own." He snarled a little at his idle tone.

This lion might have been a druid now but he hadn't been born one. "How does it feel?" He asked. "To be born on that high and mighty pedestal only to be turned into one of us lowly people?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 pm
Bazazi hadn't been here nearly long enough to have gotten such a good feel for how things were run but he knew very few were here indefinitely. He'd only said it because it was apparently it would get the stranger riled up even more. Perhaps a mistake in the long run, the more this escalated the more likely it became that it would mean real trouble.

With that in mind, he chose his response carefully.

"Doesn't seem a bad business choice," he said with a shrug, "Nothing to complain about."

He did enjoy causing trouble.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am
"Nothing to complain about, eh?" He snorted. "Well, brother, let's see if your opinion on that changes when you finally get free of this place. Will your family and friends still want to know you now that you've been marked as a druid?"

It riled him how the corrupt were labelled with the title of his people. "You'd best be careful. In here we're all the same; dirty, rotten criminals." Or that's what the Toka would have them believe, anyway. "But out there...out there people will kick you when you're down and no one will stop to pick you up."

His tail whipped angrily behind him as he stood there.

In truth, he probably didn't even dislike Bazazi. They were in the same boat after all and they were druid in name no matter what they had been before. No, what Merari hated were the rules the Toka had impressed and unfortunately for Bazazi, he had gotten mixed up in those rules. "Someday you might depend upon a druid to get you out of a fix. You might find that, where your Toka brethren would be quick to condemn, we would be quicker to accept and support."

His eyes narrowed. "I don't know whether you deserve that."

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 pm
Even knowing Merari was dangerously close to becoming aggressive, Bazazi couldn't keep a condescending look from his face. It was funny how the druid tried to warn him about the implications of his new title, how his name and blood were tainted by his criminal actions. It was far easier not to worry about it, it definitely meant less trouble in the long run.. and that meant there was more room to make your own trouble.

"It's very kind of you to show such concern" he said offhandedly, sounding very much like he wasn't paying attention to anything Merari actually said to him, "But I think I'll manage."  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm
A low growl started in his throat, quivering up into a rather audible sound. A little voice in the back of his head told him that he should not be so quick to make enemies of this lion. He was a druid, after all, and Morgana might have need of him.

But Merari was a brute, not an intellect, and for a moment it looked like he might even leap at the other lion.

Except that somewhere beyond Bazazi he could hear querying voices of the guards and noticed the wild eyes of some of the other druids. Not wanting to get caught out because of some fallen Toka. He simply snapped his teeth together and turned away, leaving Bazazi with the gem.

Some days in the prison were worse than others...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:35 pm
((Decided to add in a wrap-up on my side, too!))

Bazazi watched Merari, seeming almost indifferent to his apparent aggression and the growing concern of those around them. He would react if it was absolutely necessary, he wasn't an idiot, but he didn't actually believe Merari would dare to take a shot.

"Hm."

When Merari turned away, Bazazi swatted up the gem left for him and returned to his place before any more trouble could be stirred up. Perhaps he would keep this one. He did love trouble.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out