Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 am
Aquaria
The female was stretched out across the rock, the moon hitting her belly and reflecting off of it as if she were her own sky of stars. She had been training, now that she was old enough. Her mother, Katerina, was Lady of the Paw, and she liked to believe she had been born with the natural ability. She was lovely, her mother. She had beautiful daughters, and sons that Aquaria herself couldn't remember. She knew they had been there, but she could no longer remember how many, nor what they looked like. Their faces were blank in her mind.

The waters rushed over the rocks, and she found herself closing her ever blue eyes in order to just relax. It was calming, relaxing on the rocks and letting the water rush around you. You were just far enough out to not get wet, unless you dangled your paws over. She smiled, being a mermaid was lovely..

Lysende
With just her eyes and nose above the water, Lysende was barely visible from the shore as she swam close to the shore, her paddling paws barely raising a ripple in the water that concealed most of her body.

She might have been hunting, but she wasn't. Instead she was stalking her sleepy sister. Aquaria might not actually be asleep, but she was close enough that she looked like fair game to Lys, who was always doing things like this anyway.

She paddled a little closer until her hind paws could touch the bottom, and then she sank completely below the surface into a crouch from whence she leaped dripping out of the water and onto her sister.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 am
Aquaria
Aquaria was aware that her sister was a mischievous one. She however, did not expect to be interrupted in her most blissful moment of the day either. Her sister leaped at her, landing on her and she squeaked and tried to roll out of the way, only falling into the water. She rose with grace, where most lions would be a sputtering, mess of paws. No, she was used to the water, and she had no fear of it.

"Well played, Sister. Though I was enjoying my.. rest." She said with a small smile. It was hard to irritate Aquaria if you were family. It was if you weren't, that she could have the firey temper her mother sometimes practised on outsiders.

"You could have just joined me, there was plenty of room."

Lysende
"You looked too peaceful," Lysende offered by way of explanation. "I couldn't help it."

She did, at least, have the good grace to look apologetic for disturbing her sister's rest, but it was obvious that there was not a lot of genuine contrition in her expression. Lys enjoyed surprising people entire too much to ever really regret when she did it. It made her a better huntress, too, the ability to surprise others.

"You weren't really sleeping though," Lys observed. "Just close to it, right? What were you thinking about?"

She had already noted that there was plenty of room for both of them on the rock and settled down so that the sun could begin to dry her dark fur.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 am
Aquaria
She smiled, shaking her head and pulling herself back up onto the rock. Her paws dangled, and she drew little circles in the water, watching the ripples until they stopped, and then doing it all over again.

"No, I wasn't asleep. Too far in thought to sleep." She said, and her blue eyes met her sisters. She looked so much like mother, that sometimes it threw Aquaria off. She always had to double take, though each of her daughters had been given the mane fluff at birth, so there were some distinct giveaways.

"Well.. I was thinking about life really. I have been thinking of trying my luck at finding a consort. Momma has always been rather flawless at luring others in. I wonder if I could." She said, and cast a gaze at her sister.

Lysende
"Ah. Life," Lysende said faintly.

She didn't spend a lot of time thinking about that, to be honest. Her existence was relatively carefree and that was how she liked it. Why introduce unnecessary cares and complicate matters with excessive thought?

"A consort could be fun," Lys agreed. "I certainly wouldn't mind having someone to play with. You'll have to let me know how it works out if you decide to get one. I know you'll be good at it."

She had no doubts about her sisters' abilities to attract men. They were all fine-looking lionesses who had everything going for them. There was no reason any male would not be entranced.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 am
Aquaria
Aquaria had always been the thinker, the dreamer. She had always wondered about things that she didn't know about. It was in her nature somehow. Momma said it was a fool's mind to think that way, but she was sure that it wasn't. She would be just as wise as any of her sisters. If not more, because more thought went into what she did. But she would have never said that aloud.

"I think you would be good at it too." She admitted. She was sure that all her sisters, blood or not, would be good at their task of wooing. She didn't want to meet someone like Bia had met. Raped and beaten, Bia had run to the lands in hopes of safety. She had found it.

"So. Enough about what I was thinking about. How are you this evening?" She asked, arching an eyebrow and rolling onto her back so that she was looking upside down at her sister.

Lysende
"Of course I would," Lys agreed. "But I don't think I'm interested in having cubs right now. They seem like an awful demand on a person's time. Even if they are kind of cute."

Not that Lys had a great deal of experience with cubs. There hadn't been any in the pride for a while. For a while it had looked like that lioness Bia might be in danger of having them, but now Lys doubted that was the case, unless she was some sort of miraculous lioness who could have cubs without first being pregnant. Maybe that was for the best, given how the cubs would have been conceived.

"I'm fit, fed, and fine," Lys replied. "You?"

Of course Aquaria would have dismissed the subject of consorts just as Lys was beginning to turn her thoughts to it. Unlike her sister, she had not given the matter much thought, and so it had taken her a while to warm her brain engines to the task. She wondered what sort of a lion she would want to attract. What sort her sisters might like. Perhaps she could go hunting and capture a few as gifts? Was that allowed?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 am
Aquaria
Flipping back over to her belly, she stood up and leapt into the water, dunking under and pushing herself off the bottom of the rock barrier so she nearly flew to the surface of the water. She shook her mane fluff out of her head and grinned.

"Well. Fed and fine maybe." She winked, teasing her sister and poking her, before diving back under the water and emerging again. She liked the water, though that was odd for almost any feline. She loved to swim, and she loved to be under the water the most. Of course, too long like that and you could become part of the water.

"I've been rather well. I'm finding I'm not the best huntress in the world, but I suppose I could learn." She smiled.

Lysende
Lys allowed her sister's attempted insult to breeze right past her. It was only a joke, after all. Both of them knew that Lys could take Aquaria in a fight. On the other hand, if it came to a problem-solving competition between the two of them, Lys would quickly be defeated. That didn't bother her either. She was smart enough to get by and didn't fill her head with a lot of silliness.

"Maybe you could," she said, feigning a critical tone. "But you spend too much time thinking. You'd be better planning the hunts than actually participating in them. Why don't you see if you can help keep track of all the sparklies that we get, and think of ways to use them to make us all look prettier?"

Yeah. Not much of a thinker, Lys. Innovation just wasn't her thing. Besides, by now she was pretty thoroughly distracted by the challenge of holding a conversation with Aquaria while simultaneously trying to imagine what kind of consorts each of her sisters might enjoy having. She'd probably have to bring them back one or two at a time. She had too many sisters to be able to subdue enough males for all of them to have choices all at once.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 pm
Princess_Feylin

Aquaria didn't get angry at her sisters. It was a wasted emotion, and so teasing them came natural to her. It was all in jest, and she thought the best of them, truly she did. Lys was indeed the stronger one, though Aquaria liked to think she had a lot of the brains.

"I spend just enough time thinking! I have to have my own mind, else I won't be able to lure in even the most lowly of Sailors." She said, nodding fiercely. She was determined to end up having cubs sired by someone who was worthy. She knew that mother had found her Ocean, and Aquaria loved the ocean.. She wanted to have a piece of the ocean herself.

"I could do that! I'm good with sparklies." Though in truth she really wasn't. She tried everything on, looked at everything slowly as she wished she could have it all. Though that was simply rude, she still couldnt help but want ALL the shinies!  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody
"Right," Lys said in a flat tone that was also teasing. "If you say so."

Lys didn't really think that a lot of brains were required for luring in males. From what their mother said, most of them were only too happy to be seduced, and equally happy not to be entangled by permanent relationships. It didn't quite make sense to Lys, given Katerina's more-or-less permanent consort, but she didn't worry about it.

"Mhm..." Lys's attention was gone, absolutely gone. "You've given me an idea. I'll have to talk to you later."

So saying she slipped into the water with barely a ripple to mark her entry. Then she began to paddle away toward the portion of island where she made her den. There was planning to be done, and she was a thorough planner, if not a fast planner, so this would take a great deal of time.

[IC] Einaliai Thalassai Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games