Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Quite the pickle...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ookami-Akuryou

Lonely Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:00 am
You know that saying that 'If you love something, let it go, if it comes back it's yours but if it doesn't it never belonged to you in the first place'? Or...something like that. Well... I'm finding I am having a hard time letting go of my ex girlfriend. It seems now that she has a boyfriend it makes me want it more.
See, when we were dating, it had to be kept a secret. Her mother is a strict 'Bible thumper' I guess you could say and if she found out her wonderful daughter was dating a girl, she would blow a gasket and most likely send her off to military school or something. Or at least, that's what I was told.
Because of that, we never did anything normal couples would do like kissing. We'd only do things when we were sure we were alone...or at least she would make me do things to her....ANYWAY.. um, back to topic. I still love her. With all of my heart, but she only sees us as F.W.B.. I'm afraid to tell her that I do because she seems to really like this boyfriend she has. I know I should probably let go. I mean, we 'broke up' months ago. But I can't help but want to cry every time I see her with that boy or they're kissing and doing things that she never did with me.
I don't know what to do.

[Please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where exactly to post it]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 am
Wow, there are many responses to this. I'm sorry you had to go through this. All I can offer is my support..... I have yet to be in a relationship with either gender. I think that you should try to move on.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 am
This is difficult indeed; it seems one cannot simply "let go" in this case. You loved her but now you see this and it brings up emotions and what not. My best advice is to talk with someone/vent on here.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 am
User Image First off, I would like to start my post with that amazing signature of yours~ xD

Second, it is very difficult to "get over" someone, especially if they have moved on, and you haven't. Truly the best way to get over someone, is not to go crawling to the next person you want to date, but meet new people you might be interested in. Meet people who could be future friends to support you, or maybe meet that someone special. All I can say is I'm sorry you couldn't be like a real couple. : ( I feel you as I live in the bible belt and people are extremely religious.
Truly the best way to get over a relationship is to surround yourself with your buddies~
I hope everything works out and I hope you feel better!

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff