Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Help me please!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skating Dead Instead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 pm
Ok, first, before I start this I am in no way homophobic with any stretch of the imagination.

Ok so I have an 11 year old sister who is trying to be "scene" She started dating one of my friends I met a few months ago who claimed to be my age, 14 (only older by 2 days) but told my sister she's 12. (I'm not sure which age is the lie) My sister said she was dating my friend to try it, but did not say she is bi or anything.
My friend was an OPEN pothead and admitted it within the first hour I met her. My sister can be influenced VERY easily and does things to look cool, so there is a HUGE chance she'll start doing drugs, and might end up causing things to happen that an 11 year old shouldn't have to deal with.

Also my sister is NOT emotionally (or possibly mentally) stable and is prone to psychotic rages, acting dramatic (or 'emo') and has threatened suicide and gave death threats to girls who LITERALLY just called her "weird." I live in the Bible Belt, so you can see why this is a problem if it spreads that she's dating a girl.

So what should I do? I haven't been able to convince her this will only harm her and telling her not too because she's emotionally unstable only makes her have the psychotic rages.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm
I think you should ask some advice from your parents. In fact, dating a girl isn't wrong. I think THAT specific girl is wrong. She isn't sincere. The age thing is a silly lie, but we'll never know her real intentions.

Sorry if I comitted grammar mistakes, English isn't my native language. lol  

Sajjue

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm
I agree with Sajjue, ask your parents for advice/ to deal with the situation. As it is nice for you to be the older sibling and help your younger sister out, as she's had these issues in the past she clearly needs some help. Medical or not. If you do not want to speak to your parents, call someone, a counselor, simply someone who could help you out. Let your sister know what could happen to her if she gets into drugs. I know she is young to know what destruction drugs can bring, but she has to know what she is dealing with.
I hope everything works out soon, and I hope the best for your sister : ) Goodluck~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 am
talk to her somethimes ppl need someone to talk to plus it could be a phase and dating a girl isn't wrong so don't judge just be there for her  

loving kitten luna

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff