Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm
User ImageSumai saw the sun before he'd even opened his eyes. The light was turning the back of his eyelids a deep orange, and he was no longer afforded the dark comfort of sleep. Slowly, he opened his eyes and saw that the day had begun without him. It was still early morning, but the sun was fully out and shining in all it's brilliance. The brown cheetah sighed as he unwillingly awoke to another day. Normally he wasn't so melancholy, but his nightmares had returned in the previous few days and they drained him. Nevertheless, he was determined to have a good day today, despite his fatigue. Standing up, he stretched out his long limbs before climbing down from the tree. Walking into the horizon. he wondered what the daytime would bring him.

He hoped that he wasn't prone to daymares...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 pm
User Image

Rolling back and forth in the grass, Areia didn't really want to wake up. She never really cared for mornings, and especially not mornings in a foreign place. She had ventured away from her beloved desert, with the warm and radiant sand that shifted beneath her paws, all to follow some male that she had grown rather fond of in a pretty short amount of time.

But that's just how it happened with her. Areia would find something, take a great liking to it, and cling to it like it was the only thing alive in the world. That feeling, though, generally didn't last too long, though. It could just be for a few moments, or a few days, but when she lost interest in it, she was done with it completely.

Which is what brought her here. She had been so infatuated with the interesting male that she had followed him as he roamed back into the grasslands, but when she awoke, she found that it was more than a lost cause. It was a little disappointing, since it had been a grand adventure, but now that she was waking up in a place other than home, she was a little uneasy. In fact, it was her nerves that probably woke her up this early in the first place; but now that she was up, she wasn't sure what she should do with her time. There was always the option of immediately heading back to a place that was more familiar and comfortable to her, but she was a little curious about this new place.

Polette
Crew

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am
Sumai searched the surrounding area for anything that he could eat today. He hadn't been able to catch anything last night so he was hungry. He was quite notorious for having to find his food in more eccentric ways, such as attempting to break a deal with a surly hyena, or bargaining with an impatient lioness. Either way, he didn't think that he would be trying to get food that way today. The sounds that he heard around him told him that there were relatively small creatures around that would do the job. The odds were in his favor this morning as he spotted a small antelope bounding out of the grass and past him. As soon as he saw it, he took off after it, quickly catching it and bringing it down. Laying next to his kill, he took a few moments to catch his breath before eating his breakfast.

Happy and full, he sighed in contentment as he cleaned his paws. Sumai laid in the sun for a while, regaining some of the energy he'd lost and allowing his body to begin digesting his food. He started though when he heard a noise coming from nearby. The cheetah leapt to his feet and looked toward the sound. Completely silent, he crept toward the noise to make sure that it didn't come from something that he should be running from. However, when he peeked above the grass, instead of a fearsome predator, he saw a lone cheetah in the grass before him.

Polette

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:14 am

Pressing her paws against the soft ground, Areia was in no hurry to make up her mind as to what direction she would go for the day. She was completely content in just lazing around, staring at the sky and waiting for something to bump into her; she was a creature of habit, and no chance of scenery was going to change that fact.

Taking in a deep breath, Areia's eyes widened, and her frame stiffened as the sharp smell of a fresh kill fill her nostrils. Taking it in, she shuddered, loving the sweet smell. It had been awhile since she had hunted; she wasn't needing food right that moment, but the scent brought back thoughts of the hunt - it was almost as exhilarating as chasing someone she was completely infatuated with. Rolling her eyes around, Areia quickly made herself aware of the danger the could accompany the scent of a fresh kill, and prepared herself to move out.

About to move, she glanced back in the direction of the scent, looking for a sign of something, only to find herself staring at a pair of green eyes like her own.

Boudaihobbit

Polette
Crew

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:41 am
Sumai watched the female on the ground curiously. On his travels, he didn't often come across female cheetahs, especially pretty ones. Throughout his life, he'd never really had time or the thought to check out the females and make any attempt at impressing them. In the past, the females that he'd know had been frightening and he never really wanted anything to do with them. Now that he was a little older, he knew a little better and he wasn't as keen to avoid them as he had once been. He was about to jump down when her eyes met his. Time froze for a moment, and Sumai wondered if she would even want to bother with him. However, after a moment of staring, Sumai decided that the worst that could happen was her leaving. So, Sumai sleekly climbed down the side of the tree and walked closer to her with a friendly smile on his face.

"Hello, my name is Sumai," he began by introducing himself. That was what you did right? Although, after introducing himself, he realized that he didn't know what to say next. So, he simply said whatever came to is mind. "I noticed you here and I thought I'd come and say hi. I haven't really seen anyone around since I've been here, so I was surprised to see you. Anyway, um, do you come around here often? Uhh.....what's your name?" Sumai found that he was rambling, so he simply stopped to gauge her reaction. Hopefully she didn't think that he sounded like a complete idiot.

Polette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 am

It was a little...off-setting, at first, to find herself staring straight at another cheetah. Completely frozen for a moment, she flicked her eyes to the side and back, not really sure what to do in a situation like this. Areia was actually rather glad that the other came down from his perch first, allowing her a moment to compose herself. Turning to actually face him, she felt that familiar flicker of interest that she had felt with the male cheetah that had dragged her all the way out to this odd location. Well, odd for her.

Keeping silent while he spoke, she took a moment to size him up. His coloring was nice, the natural brown tone that she had come to be rather fond of. Maybe it was because she herself was all brown that she loved that kind of coloring, but she didn't linger on the thought.

After he was done, she couldn't help but let out a little giggle. "Sumai, huh? My name is Areia." Her soft voice made her sound even younger than she actually was; it was almost odd for her young-adult size. "It's alright, I'm glad you came forward." Honestly, it was a good distraction from her laziness. "But no, I don't really come here often." Looking off to the side, she couldn't even see the faint boundary of where she was from. "I'm not from this area, but I somehow got dragged out here." Moving her eyes back to him, she gave him a smile, trying to not think too much about the past.

Boudaihobbit

Polette
Crew

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm
Initially, Sumai was certain that he had managed to succeed in creating an entirely awkward situation. The way she glanced away from him gave him the illusion of disinterest and he thought that she might leave. However, despite his fear, leave she did not. Instead, she seemed to size him up while he spoke, which gave him hope that perhaps she would stay and he could get to know this mysterious cheetah.

His heart leapt in his chest when she spoke, her voice pleasant and friendly. Areia, he knew her name now. The day seemed to be on his side. "No? You were dragged here? Are you lost then?," Sumai asked with concern in his voice. Was it possible that she couldn't find her way out here? Well, Areia didn't seem to be worried herself. "I was just passing through if you want to get out of here," he said with a smile in his words.

Polette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am

"It's...such a long story, and I'm afraid the outcome wasn't as nice as I'd hoped." Tilting her head down for a moment, she laughed, trying to shrug it off. She didn't really let things like this get to her, but it was always sad when things didn't turn out the way you wanted. "But, yeah, I found myself out here all by myself. Which, I guess I'm fairly lost now." She smiled at him; he seemed sweet, and she really liked that.

"Just passing through, hm? Where are you headed, Sumai?" Tilting her head to the side, she was rather curious. Where could one go from this place? Another place just like it? Or to an area near her home?

"Well, if you're offering, I'd love to tag along. Especially since you seem to be such good company." Giving him a small wink, anyplace seemed better than this dull place, and this cheetah seemed to be like such better company than, well, herself.

Boudaihobbit

Polette
Crew

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm
Sumai thought that he rather liked the sound of her laughter. "Me? Well, I don't really have anywhere specific that I'm going and I don't have a home," he paused for a moment before saying," I'm actually looking for someone." Looking into Areia's eyes, he debated whether or not to tell her about his self-imposed life quest. Shrugging his shoulders, he began speaking again, "I'm looking for my sister. We got separated a long time ago, and I'm trying to find her now. So I guess I just spend my time wandering from here to there searching for any clues I can find," he ended with a huff and looked downcast. Just thinking about it gave him a headache.

When Areia accepted his offer to join him in traveling out of the forest, he peaked his forest green eyes back up at her with a grin in them. Trying hard to restrain himself from leaping in the air of joy at the prospect of have company, even if only for a little while, Sumai grinned widely and stuttered out, "R-really? Tha-....that would be great!"

Walking up to her side, Sumai smiled brightly at her, before beginning their trek out of this place that they had found themselves in. The cheetah couldn't help but wonder at his abilities at socializing when he was sure that he was the most clueless person when it came to the simple act of communicating. He thanked his lucky stars that seemed to be allowing him to have a good if not pleasant day.

Polette
Sorry I disappeared! I'm still up for the breeding plot if you are still interested. This is the last RP he needs and he'd ready to go.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:50 pm

Areia kept her pace, her eyes tracing the ground as she walked beside him. "Your sister? That's just awful!" She only had one relation in her life that was close enough to be family, and she was always so sad when he was gone; she couldn't imagine what Sumai must be going through.

"Well, maybe we can find her together!" Even if it was a long journey that ended in dust, at least she'd have something to do for awhile, and someone to do it with! And maybe she'd have a good friend by the end of it.

Boudaihobbit
(( Sorry it's kind of terrible! orz ))

Polette
Crew

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out