Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Disney Pins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm
Who else is a collector? I don't have a very big collection yet but hey its not like I can visit the parks at the moment eh?

Here are the pins I have on PinPics; I update it whenever I get a new pin so it changes quite a bit... as you can see its mostly Wonderland atm but I have seven Mansion pins also and some more I've ordered that haven't arrived yet. Some of those pins are actually quite rare and a lot of them are LE.

And here is my wants list; do you sense a theme here? XD Mostly interested in the Hitchhiking Ghosts, but I like other characters too of course! Ezra is my favourite; hence my username [Dobbins would be Ezzie's last name according to the unofficial stories of the Hitchhikers which have become almost canon].

I'm hopefully going to start trading over the net when I get less scared to do so if there's anyone who also trades over the net do say! I also have an account on the DisneyPinForums if you'd rather talk to me there.

PinPics Account Oh noes! You can see Azure's real name! o_O

DisneyPinForums Account Lovely Ezra picture yes!?

But other than that... how about a question? What are your favourite Disney pins?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:11 pm
First off, thank you for introducing me to this website. I've been collecting for a couple years now but didn't know about this. Personally I collect whatever looks good to me. I'm not psycho like some people (there are some horrible, crazy people out there that do this). Anyway, my favorite pin in my collection is this one that's a golden banner and it has 'Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom Disneyland U.S.A. Anaheim California' on it. It's an LE but I'm not sure what number or year. I also have a couple old pins from before there really was pin trading that belonged to my mother and I love those too. I'll post my PinPics profile on here once I finish it. I have a lot of pins sweatdrop  

netherfreak

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 pm
netherfreak

Your welcome. ^_^

Its nice to chat to people who also collect pins. Right now I'm wondering what all the 20th anniversary DLP pins will be... I've seen one set but apparently there will be a lot more. Im hoping they'll also have pins for the rides that debuted with the park; as its their anniversary too.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:08 pm
Mrs Dobbins
netherfreak

Your welcome. ^_^

Its nice to chat to people who also collect pins. Right now I'm wondering what all the 20th anniversary DLP pins will be... I've seen one set but apparently there will be a lot more. Im hoping they'll also have pins for the rides that debuted with the park; as its their anniversary too.

Yeah, I saw a couple on the What's New page, they looked good. Anyway, here are all my pins. I thought I had more, a whole baggy, but I can't find them. Oh well...  

netherfreak

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm
netherfreak

Ah that link takes me to the pin listings. To show your collection, go to 'My Pin Pics'; type your own username into the search to view the collection and use that link.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:37 pm
Mrs Dobbins
netherfreak

Ah that link takes me to the pin listings. To show your collection, go to 'My Pin Pics'; type your own username into the search to view the collection and use that link.

That's not working for some reason cause that's what I did. Well my username is netherfreak on pinpics too so you can search it if you want.  

netherfreak

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm
netherfreak

Okay I think you have to make sure there is no space at the front of the username when you search... otherwise it doesn't recognize the name. Anyhow just checked out your collection; very nice!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:04 am
Hello. I live next to Disneyland Anaheim so I visit quite often. My Disneyland pin collection isn't' to impressive though. Maybe I'll post it up once I organize it and take a picture of it.  

DeLong

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 am
Okay cool! mrgreen

My collection has grown qite a bit since I posted this. I now focus on Hitchhiking Ghosts, Phantom Manor and Trains. I have pics of my collection if anyone is interested in seeing them? I also have a Haunted Mansion WDI Pin Bag.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm
Definitely post pictures if you got them! I wanted to collect Star Wars ones, but I just trade with cast members any that I think looks nice.. I really need more money for this hobby though. Haha

I can't wait till August 20th till my annual pass gets unblocked.  

DeLong

127devany127

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
To get a bunch of pins perfect for trading, look on ebay.
People get pins in gross and sell them in lots of at least 25, starting the bidding at 99 cents.
They r a good deal, if you can get them. The prices hike up to a bit under $15, but still that's a great deal! Pay 50 cents per pin in one of these lots, then trade them at the parks, or pay $6 per pin at a stand and never trade it!!! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm
I actually do that! haha. Though I hear some of them are fake. I'm not good at authenticating them so I guess what I don't know won't hurt me...  

DeLong

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 am
No don't buy the lots! They're often scrappers and fakes. You have to be really careful with buying from eBay. We don't want them traded into the system after all. Any pin trader is eventually going to come across scrappers; and sometimes its hard to tell the difference.

Of course there are some honest eBay sellers but you really have to know what your doing. I buy pins from eBay; but not lots.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:55 pm
Yes, I know what you mean. I have only bought one of these lots and they look pretty legit to me! (but im no expert XD)  

127devany127

Disney Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff