Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:09 pm
皆さん!こんにちは!
私が本当に恥ずかしがりやだから、全然日本語を話して練習しない。ずっとはなしたいけど。。。
Yeah. because I'm really shy I never practice speaking out loud...with people...
How does everyone else get the confidence, 自信, to practice your speaking?

I really love japanese and really wish I wasn't so worried to try speaking.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:15 am
Just to practice.

I'm not very far in learning...actually, I've only got the first 20 Hiragana characters down by memory. ''orz

Even if you say it softly, as you go through it, you'll gain confidence, thus making you speak louder and more fluidly.  

Cat Stockings

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:46 pm
Dramatic Climax
Just to practice.

I'm not very far in learning...actually, I've only got the first 20 Hiragana characters down by memory. ''orz

Even if you say it softly, as you go through it, you'll gain confidence, thus making you speak louder and more fluidly.

I've been studying for almost 3 years so I am capable... i'm just tooo shy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 am
You have to find other people to practice with, best technique biggrin
And realize that the goal is to IMPROVE, meaning you're NOT going to be perfect.
Get over it and enjoy learning, best way to build confidence and speaking ability wink  

ubergenki

Shasita

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 am
Well, I always get really embarassed when I have to speak in Japanese as well. But you just have to do it. At first it's quite hard to do but after a while it comes more naturally. It's not going to be perfect, but they will understand you. And once you realize that you will start to build up more confidence :3  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 pm
I'm teaching myself extremely slowly (life is very hectic right now), but each time I learn a new word or phrase I try to simply say it to my family or my friends whenever I get the chance to help practice with my pronunciation and my confidence to say each word. ^_^  

[.Silvr-Moon.]

Kenshin Mizoguchi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 am
I've been learning the language for about five years or so, and I've learned that the best way to gain confidence in speaking the language is to actually speak the language. This may sound sort of redundant or even stupid, but it's honestly the truth. My skills are only at the level they are because I found the courage to just "give it a go" when speaking the language to native speakers. Yes, you will make mistakes now and again (we all do that as it's a part of the learning process), but your confidence will soar each time. smile

頑張ってね~!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am
Kenshin Mizoguchi
I've been learning the language for about five years or so, and I've learned that the best way to gain confidence in speaking the language is to actually speak the language. This may sound sort of redundant or even stupid, but it's honestly the truth. My skills are only at the level they are because I found the courage to just "give it a go" when speaking the language to native speakers. Yes, you will make mistakes now and again (we all do that as it's a part of the learning process), but your confidence will soar each time. smile

頑張ってね~!

even though I know this already the more I hear it from others the more I believe it. I'm still struggling with my shyness and unfortunately haven't found much time to study this summer but I will get on that cuz I feel like everything I've learned is leaking out of my ears >.>
thank you very much!  

Miyu_Aizawa

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:45 am
I haven't been able to practice my speaking at all, because I've been teaching myself.

But if shyness is something you struggle with day to day, I deffiantly suggest taking up Amature dramatics. You could go to workshops or audition for a play/panto/musical. It a great way to meet people and make new friends because you're all in the same boat. You should pick up skills from the experienced actors and soon enough you wont care if you make a fool of yourself. In English or otherwise.

Just go for it! What have you got to loose?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 pm
C h e r r yADE xx
I haven't been able to practice my speaking at all, because I've been teaching myself.

But if shyness is something you struggle with day to day, I deffiantly suggest taking up Amature dramatics. You could go to workshops or audition for a play/panto/musical. It a great way to meet people and make new friends because you're all in the same boat. You should pick up skills from the experienced actors and soon enough you wont care if you make a fool of yourself. In English or otherwise.

Just go for it! What have you got to loose?

Unfortunately I am not much of an actress. My greatest acting skill is sounding cheerful over a headset at work when I am actually not cheerful in the least.
I wouldn't know of anywhere to try out for something like that anyway.
Once I get back to college I plan to force myself into more social situations though. Plus I will be taking a Speech class for my core curricular. That ought to help. I think....
but that is a good suggestion, thank you ^_^  

Miyu_Aizawa

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces