Submit

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:39 pm
Makena'Lesedi was having a fairly decent day. The sun had been hidden away by thick black clouds, and it had been promising rain all day. But so far, the rain had stayed away, and Kena could gladly lay out in the grass and stretch out as far as she could. She felt her muscles pull tight, and then relax when she went back to her normal standing position. She had done her duties for the day. Hunting had been fairly easy this go around, and the cubs were fast asleep for the evening. This was the time Makena got the chance to do what she wanted.

The crew members bustled past, jovial and enjoying their evenings as she walked. They waved to her here and there, but most were so engrained in their conversations, that she knew they hardly realized she was there. She heard voices raising, and she shook her head. The crew were always so hot under the collar that it seemed fights were frequent among each other. Though never anything too bad.. They did still have to work together. Pirato would not stand for anything less.

She took a deep breath, sighing and finally finding a place where it seemed she was alone. The sun was setting, though the clouds hid it rather well. Ah.. Here came the night.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

[[Finally off for a day and a bit, wooo tagging.]]

She hadn't really planned for this to happen. When push came to shove, one thing had led to another and then within months she had found herself in a situation that she hadn't really bargained for. It wasn't that she was appalled by her situation, but it certainly was a far cry from what she was used to - gone were the low spun tree branches that she used so sleep within and in their play, lay stretches of sandy beach and an endless horizon of ocean. All in all it was incredibly pretty...

However there had been a dampener upon proceedings and that had come in the form of the female cheetah that her companion had insisted on hauling back to these lands. He'd declared her a beauty, demanded that he had to have her and then what...? He dragged the whelp back to be his treasure - sure she was reasonably attractive but she could have picked out better and done it with far less drama. There would've been no issue whatsoever, all she had to do was point a paw, raise a brow and she'd get it done.

...But had he let her?

Nope, he wanted that one.

Nevertheless what was done was done and there was no use worrying about it. She had been led here by her rather ridiculous companion and given her fondness for him, she had followed. It didn't have to make sense, it just was and it was for this reason that the leopardess now found herself pacing silently across the shore line, her lips pursed and head bowed as she fixed her gaze on the occasional shell...

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 am
The female Makena's eyes landed on seemed to be deep in thought. She almost looked a bit sad but Kena wasn't about to call anyone out. If they were sad, she was sure they had a reason. But the good heart she had wouldn't let her leave without a friendly hello. She had seen this leopardess a few times. Almost always she was in the company of a lion that hadn't given the best impression to the pride whenever he had joined. They had all watched him, just in case.

"Hello there." She said friendly, a warm smile on her features. She really was an oddball to find within the pirates, but she reveled in her work. Having once been crew, she had left for the corsair life to raise her children. She hadn't realized that her children would be the turning point in her life.

"How are you this fine day?" She asked, hoping to lift the other's spirits.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Company? Company...

She came back down to earth with a thundering crash and looked up with a start. It was just as well that she was greeted by a pleasant and warm smile rather than a snarl of discontent. That being said, at this time in the evening there was rarely a moment whenever the rest of the pride strayed far. It was party time for some and as such, they were all off doing there own thing. It was for this reason that she quickly remembered her own manners (or what little remained) and offered a smile of her own.

"Evening," she replied smoothly and straightened her posture, her ears giving a slight swivel to point in the lioness' direction. "I'm not doing too badly, still settling in if I'm honest," she remarked with a wry smile and lifted a paw to point towards Makena. "And yourself?"

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm
"I'm glad to have finally met you. I'm afraid I didn't get much of a chance when your companion and his..friend joined." She said, trying to keep her tone as pleasant as possible..Even when mentioning the cheetah female that was almost a slave to the male. She didn't like anyone being enslaved, least of all a female. But she was spoiled when it came to the pirates. She was loved by one of the fierce captains of the pride, and she didn't have much to worry about.

"I am out for a little stroll. Sometimes life gets too hectic and you just need to breathe." She said with a smile. She approached the female, sitting next to her.

"What is your name? I don't believe I have caught it yet." She said, bowing her head a bit. "My name is Makena. Though most just call me 'Kena." She said with a genuine gaze in her eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:05 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

It was clear that the vast majority of the pride were not overly impressed by her companion. He had kicked up quite a storm and his behaviour towards the cheetah female was, well, it left much to be desired if the leopardess had to be entirely honest with herself. That being said, the leopardess had a rather low opinion of that female to begin with, she hadn't even so much as argued or fought back, for all intents and purposes she was a weakling and if there was one thing this leopardess hated...it was that.

"Sonnet," she replied after a few moments pause, her lips parting and then closing once again. "It's a pleasure to meet you Makena, though I apologise for not introducing myself sooner - I'm not really sure which manners are required in this place and which uh... aren't," she confessed after a few moments and smiled wrily.

"Though I can fully appreciate the need to breathe, spirits know I need that more often than some," she mused with a chuckle. "Especially in such a strange place, I'm still getting used to the sand."

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm
Makena smiled, and nodded. She was understanding of those feelings. She had had them herself after all. She didn't look like she belonged here, and she didn't sound or act like it either. But she loved it here, regardless of whether or not she blended in well.

"Pleasure to meet you Sonnet. You've nothing to worry about, most of the pride would have asked. It was probably me who was being rude." She chuckled, and then smiled softly.

"Oh you aren't from the beach? Then you have done quite well adjusting! The sand is pretty shifty. If you aren't careful you can sink right in. The sand is the one thing I dislike about living here. Everything else is just lovely."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

"I..." she hesitated briefly and then shook her head. There was no point in lying, honestly the female still slipped and sunk into the sand on occasion. There was no avoiding that and it would be very obvious that she wasn't familiar with this land to anyone who took a few minutes to watch her. Besides, when it came to Makena there seemed to be no point in lying, she seemed harmless enough and definitely approachable...which made a change from some of the individual she knew.

"I came from the jungle, if it hadn't been for a certain lion I would still be there I expect," she mused and then smiled a tad sheepishly. It was quite the change, from humid and green jungles to golden sand, but she had reasons for it. "A promise of adventure is quite the temptation, especially when nothing ever happens back home," she confessed. Truth be told the most interesting thing she'd ever witnessed was a squabble between a couple of birds regarding whose nest was whose.

"And you have to admit," she cast her gaze back towards the noise and cheering of the pirates further along the coast. "There always seems to be something going on around here," she mused and chuckled. "I take it you're from around here though, or at least you've been here longer than I have... Walking seems so natural to you!"

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 pm
Epine de Rose

"Oh the jungle. I was a rogue for awhile, before I found Pirato. I had always wanted to travel to the jungles, but I was slightly afraid. I grew up a lot coming here, and becoming a mother did nothing to slow the growing down." She smiled. She felt older, her own children all grown and in their own crews. She had quit the crew in order to raise them herself.. And now here she was, her newest litter almost adolescents. They were growing like weeds.

"That's why I joined! My life was so dull, and boy could it get lonely. I had been seperated from father seasons before, and I was beginning to let it get to me. Pirato told me that's what he calls "Cabin Fever.""

She turned her head to the cheering, and smiled. It had been a sound she had gotten used to over time. She liked hearing it, for it meant they had found what it was they had been hoping for. Making for very pleasant moods.

"Walking through the sand when pregnant, makes you feel like you could walk tightropes." She giggled. "But you are right! Nothing is ever.. boring here. There is always work to do, and when there isn't work you just want that break!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

She chuckled softly and nodded, though she couldn't fully relate to the concept of walking on a tightrope or being pregnant. Suffice to say that she'd led a sheltered life in the jungle and it would only be through further exploration and the influence of others within this pride that she would probably learn, grow and develop. It would take time, but she was beginning to suspect that she would learn quickly in the company of certain individuals.

"I've never been pregnant," she confessed softly and tilted her head to the side. "Never really found the right one," she added as though she needed to justify herself. Ah she'd known that there were those in the world who didn't care, they would lie with whoever they wished, but she had always been a little more prude in that respect and would prefer a more secure environment...ironic, given where she had ended up over the course of the last few weeks!

...Heck, she was a pirate.

She sincerely doubted many of them would be bound to one mate!

"Though I hear motherhood is interesting - maybe keeping an eye on all the grown men will give me some practice, no?" she enquired teasingly.

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 am
Epine de Rose

Makena smiled. She loved being a parent, it's why she had mothered her second litter what felt like not so long ago. But now they were almost adults, and she felt that it was just moving way too fast for her. She smiled and nodded.

"Finding the right person is good. I made the mistake of being stupid and young the first time." She chuckled, though the memory wasn't a good one.
"I believed what anyone told me. So i'm thankful, that while I was pregnant, Pirato found me. It's easy to find safety here."

She had not been the type to sleep around. Though it was uncommon, she and Captain Nemeios had taken each other as mates. So she too, was a bit of a prude when it came right down to it. She was rather clever at hiding it though.

"Oh! Yes. If anything, it's harder than raising your own litter." She jested back, and found herself giggling.

"I'm really happy to have met you. It's good to make friends out here."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

"And you, I have expected myself to be isolated to my crew," she mused and shook her head. It had been one of her concerns in following the male lion here, yes she had promised that she would follow but few had taken to him quite as well as she'd hoped. Nevertheless she hoped that she would be regarded on her own merits and abilities as well as whatever she and the crew managed to plunder under his banner.

"Though now I find myself more and more curious," she chuckled at the thought of trying to babysit any male. She suspected she'd have to be very smart about how she did that so that they thought it was all their idea. She was naive in that regard, she was going to have to watch some of the masters at work! "Perhaps I'll have to make a go of it...see if any of them realise what I'm up to," she gave a conspirational wink at this.

"So long as I don't make them walk in formation they'll never know they're doing as they're told, eh?"

Epine de Rose

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am
Epine de Rose

"It can't hurt to try, right?" Makena asked with a chuckle. Though she realized it was getting late. She sighed. She supposed she had best return to the Corsair dens. Her break had gone great, and she was happy to have talked to the leopard.

"I'm afraid I must return back to the dens. It was a pleasure though. I'm glad to have met you." She said cheerfully. Then she stood, and began heading back towards the dens. She hoped that the other corsairs hadn't burned down the place in her absence.  
[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games