Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Disney College Program Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

127devany127

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm
SO COOL! I want to apply at their Orlando one because I'm planning on going to UCF in two years. (After Community College)
Did you pick the job out of, like, a list they had available or did they just assign one to you?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:05 pm
I just have a question is anyone feeling uncomfortable with this post jw
I don't mind but it a super super small thing that just bugs me with this post is we all can or can't applied for Disney jobs because u have this certain degree or acting as the character or not good In acting
I just want to wish u Goodluck but I was just wondering anyone feeling uncomfortable with ur post  

skeithdreamer

Anxious Hunter

9,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100

netherfreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm
127devany127

skeithdreamer

@devany During the phone interview stage, the applicant requests their top three roles they would want (there's a list of available roles on the website), but that doesn't mean when you're accepted you get those roles.

@skeithdreamer I'm sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't have a degree and I can't act. As I mentioned before, I'm gonna be a custodial busser, which means I'll be watching dishes. It's just like any other job you apply for, but the DCP is a job opportunity for college students, more specifically for undergrads. Nothing's stopping you from applying to work at DLR or WDW, even if it's not through the DCP. I don't know if this kind of what you were talking about, and I can't speak for other people, but I hope that makes you feel less uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm
netherfreak
127devany127

skeithdreamer

@devany During the phone interview stage, the applicant requests their top three roles they would want (there's a list of available roles on the website), but that doesn't mean when you're accepted you get those roles.

@skeithdreamer I'm sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't have a degree and I can't act. As I mentioned before, I'm gonna be a custodial busser, which means I'll be watching dishes. It's just like any other job you apply for, but the DCP is a job opportunity for college students, more specifically for undergrads. Nothing's stopping you from applying to work at DLR or WDW, even if it's not through the DCP. I don't know if this kind of what you were talking about, and I can't speak for other people, but I hope that makes you feel less uncomfortable.

It alright  

skeithdreamer

Anxious Hunter

9,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100

hazecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am
netherfreak
So, since I haven't posted anything since March, I obviously didn't get in for Fall 2012. BUT I did apply again for Spring 2013 and I heard back yesterday that I GOT IN!! I'm super excited and can't wait for Jan 13th. I'm going to be there for 7 months as a custodial busser. WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wow, this is great! How do you feel about the position though? Are you at all disappointed? Keep us updated on your preparations smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 pm
hazecat
netherfreak
So, since I haven't posted anything since March, I obviously didn't get in for Fall 2012. BUT I did apply again for Spring 2013 and I heard back yesterday that I GOT IN!! I'm super excited and can't wait for Jan 13th. I'm going to be there for 7 months as a custodial busser. WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wow, this is great! How do you feel about the position though? Are you at all disappointed? Keep us updated on your preparations smile

I am most definitely NOT disappointed about my role! Is there one I would have preferred more? Yes. But I'm going to work at Disneyland, I'm happy with anything! The custodial roles have a lot of guest interaction and that's really what I wanted. Also, I started a vlog on youtube if anyone wants to keep updated with my adventures my username on there is DCPDreaming. There are only two up, but I have a third recorded and it will be posted soon. Thanks for the support!  

netherfreak

netherfreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 am
So the vlog was a horrible idea. I don't have the focus to do something like that for too long. Everything's going great in the program, it's loads or fun. Also, if you're coming to DL let me know! I'd love to meet you all. I work over in Paradise Pier in DCA.  
Disney Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff