Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm
User Image

Mkali set out, intent on spending the day on another adventure. Falling in to a hole had not deterred her in the least. Now that she was getting bigger she only believed that to be less likely to happen now. She trotted quickly around the areas beneath Pride Rock, searching the ground for any dropped treasures that someone may have either lost or overlooked. She had found recently that even close to her home there were treasures to be found, and was not going to pass up any opportunities. Her little store of items had grown since she had first started it, and Mkali was now trying to fill as second one. The young lioness weaved around the legs of lions and lionesses off to hunt, as well as other adults mulling around for whatever other duties they had.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 pm
User Image

It hadn't been long since Zimran joined the ranks of the Pridelands, maybe a few days. Of course getting used to pride life was interesting considering she had never been in one before, always a solitary creature she never had a reason to join one. She was part of a hunting party leaving later that day, her first hunt but the goddess was having second thoughts about being competent enough to actually kill. How could she dirty her paws with blood?! Zimran stepped out of the dens, looking across the pride's lands. Her stomach was already queasy at the thought of taking a life. Maybe she could get out of it. No, she'd just have to go out again. The lioness' ears went back at the thought. Would she really have to do that?  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm
All these legs and paws everywhere were starting to really get in the way og Mkali’s hunt. She huffed and pushed past a pair of legs that had stopped in front of her, ignoring the older lion, who spoke out in confusion and perhaps even a bit of annoyance. So far she was having little luck with her hunt, though it was no surprise with all these bigger lions trudging around, possibly crushing her treasures in to the dirt! “Watch out!” She called, diving forward to throw her paws over a possible treasure. She slowly opened her paws, staring disappointed at her save. It was just a rock, a boring old gray rock. Nothing special about it.

The lion who was about to step there stared at her in confusion. “What is it?” He asked.

Mkali quirked a brow up at him as she stood up. “It’s a rock.” She replied, somewhat sarcastically, as if it had been the most obvious answer ever. To her though it had. She sighed and turned, leaving the confused lion behind. Maybe this day she had lucked out and there were no treasures this close to her home. The young lioness jumped on to a rock, out of the way as she watched the hunters of the early hunts setting out. She couldn’t wait until she was old enough to join them, then maybe she could find some real treasures out there, out where she wasn’t allowed to go. Maybe even beyond the Pridelands! The thought sounded so exciting.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 am
That's it, maybe she could get out of going hunting later that day, but how? Of course with the size of the pride they needed everyone they could possibly get out hunting when they were told to. Though there were some she had seen that didn't hunt at all. Different ranks from that of a hunter, some of them being nannies. She had only just joined and had yet to actually prove herself, how could she go about obtaining this rank of nanny? It was, after-all, a rank she was already good at having raised six children herself.

Zimran stepped lightly over the rocks, jumping down onto the grass that surrounded Pride Rock. Thought and maybe asking the other lionesses about it would probably be the best way.  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:54 am
Mkali watched curiously as one lioness in particular came own off of Pride Rock. She didn’t recall seeing her before now. Was she new? Mkali glanced from one side to the other, waiting impatiently for the line of hunters and huntresses to move by, though there were still quite a few bodies to pass her. Not wanting to wait any longer, lest she lose this stranger, she leapt down from her perch and shouldered her way past various sets of limbs in order to pass by. “Hey you!” She called out, bounding up slightly in an attempt to catch the strange lionesses attention, and at least managing to catch the attention of others if not the one she was after. “Wait up!”

Paws move quickly to catch up to the larger lion, and Mkali skidded to a halt once she had neared the female. She paused to catch her breath before perking up, eyeing the light coloured female curiously. “I haven’t seen you before, are you new?” She questioned, before continuing on. “Are you a huntress then? Are you going out in this hunt or a later one? Have you hunted before?” She finally stopped her questions to catch her breath, allowing for the lioness to actually answer them.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:13 pm
Zimran glanced behind her as the growing cub came running up behind her. Her ears fell back at the young lioness' question. A huntress? Her? No, never. She could never see herself hunting. "I am new, actually. I just joined recently and am still settling into place." Her focus turned back to the lionesses leaving for a hunt. "And I suppose I am a huntress too though I've never gone on a hunt though. I'd be too much of a burden on them now." Which would be true, she'd just slow them down with her unwillingness to hunt.  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 pm
Mkali cocked her head to one side. “Never? Never ever?” Mkali questioned further, a bit of disappointment in her tone. She had so hoped for stories, but it seemed she would not get any here. For a moment she wondered how anyone could be a burden on a hunt, however her attention drifted quickly from the thought. Just because this lioness had not hunted did not mean she didn’t have a story in her! “You are from somewhere else then!” She exclaimed. Quite an obvious statement it was, and Mkali quickly continued to her point. “Where did you come from before here? Did you see a lot of exciting stuff out there beyond the pride lands? What was it like?”

Excitement built up with each word as she spoke, leaning slightly closer with each question until she nearly tipped over from leaning too far forward.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 pm
"No, I've never hunted. Luckily I've never had the need to." A short chuckle came from the pale lioness' maw at the cub's questions. It was quite nice having others actually ask questions about her past, something which she talked about to only a few people. "A far away place, that much is certain. A tall mountain that nearly reaches the heavens is where I'm from. It was a relatively peaceful place, but not without it's own problems due to some of the inhabitants." Of course she was referring to the peak which the god's resided. "Though I left that behind after my mate and I separated." A tragedy that to that day still haunted the soul of the goddess of purity.

The lioness turned her head, looking back the dens and then back down to the cub. "What about you? Do you have any interesting tales? A cub such as yourself is bound to have adventures to speak of."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 pm
At the older lioness’s words she leaned forward once more, eager to take in any bit of information she got of the outside world. A mountain so tall it nearly reached the heavens! Mkali could not even picture something so big! “Wow! that sounds amazing!” She quickly exclaimed, trying to just picture how anyone could live atop a huge mountain. As the older lioness continued the story became less grand. Mkali wasn’t sure how to respond to that, her own mother took care of them alone and she wondered silently if maybe that made her mom sad. However her attention span seemed not to want to dwell on such things, but before she could further question this new and interesting lioness a familiar call came out. Her mother’s voice cut off her thoughts, and any questions forming on her tongue, and she turned her head quickly to look back over her shoulder.

Likely there was food to be eaten, and Mkali was certainly not one to make a good meal wait! She stood and looked once more to the older lioness, grinning broadly. “Losing your mate sounds sad, but that place you came from sounds wonderful. Maybe I’ll see something like that one day!” She said quickly before turning to hurry off. As she went she called back over her shoulder. “I’m Mkali, by the way. Maybe later you can tell me more stories of the lands out there!”  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 pm
A smile quickly spread over the goddess' face as the growing lioness turned to leave at her mother's call. "Zimran, a pleasure to meet you!" She called out after learning of the red one's name. At least something good had come out of not going hunting like the other lionesses kept poking her to go; she had made a friend! Something which was much more valuable then hunting, especially in a time of plenty like the Pridelands was in.  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas