Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Rising Sun

Back to Guilds

Rising Sun, share about Japanese fashion, food, and culture with games, polls, and discussions. 

Tags: Japan, Culture, Cosplay, Anime, Language 

Reply 文化!Lets talk about Culture!
I wish we could do this in America...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you clean your school?
  Sure :3
  Ew no that's lame :/
View Results

Synical Dreamer

Friendly Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:49 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xXxXxXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I believe they call this "time of soji"?

In Japan,there's not really janitors that clean up the schools, so often a lot of the kids volunteer to help clean it every day at a certain time frame. I don't think this is such a bad thing. Kids need to learn the importance of real responsibility and what it means to take care of a community. Teenagers where I live just tell their parents to screw off when they are told to do dishes. Very nice ;-;
So what do you think? Think it would hurt for kids to clean every once in a while?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 pm
If Americans were to do that to, I bet they wouldn't mess up the rooms as much. They would be all -toss stuff on floor, has to pick it up later-They would be to lazy to mess the schools up yum_puddi

Chinmoku Bushi
Captain

Sakura Moka Karin
Crew

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 pm
I agree we should do this in America most people i go to school with just leave trash lying around sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm
I like the idea, but being out of school myself my opinion may be somewhat biased. In general I hate the way there's little to no accountability required from kids in America. Not to get to far off topic though, I think more things like this that teach basic life skills should be welcomed into schools. It really wouldn't hurt students to realize how much of a pain in the a** it is when they have to start cleaning up after other people.

emotion_dealwithit  

Kairanha
Crew

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sakura Moka Karin
Crew

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm
Kairanha
I like the idea, but being out of school myself my opinion may be somewhat biased. In general I hate the way there's little to no accountability required from kids in America. Not to get to far off topic though, I think more things like this that teach basic life skills should be welcomed into schools. It really wouldn't hurt students to realize how much of a pain in the a** it is when they have to start cleaning up after other people.

emotion_dealwithit

I agree cause i think its disgusting with people just leave trash laying around. and i clean up after myself yum_onigiri  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 pm
...Does anyone else notice the guy wearing, what looks like, Storm Trooper armor?

We don't have a cleaning crew where I work, and we're expected to clean the office every Thursday. Its a pain in the butt, but whatever.

It would be nice if kids were taught with a little more discipline now-a-days. Parents and schools just don't care anymore. =/  

A Silent Prince

Dapper Fatcat

3,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
文化!Lets talk about Culture!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items