Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
What the heck my rats are not getting along for some reason.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:24 pm
They have been fighting a bit more then they used to or it seems they have gotten rougher with each other.

I have two boys. One of them has a tiny scab on him from a fight i think ): If I gets any worse I will separate them. I hope its just a phaaase.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:29 am
My rats went through a phase like that. I think it can be 1. a lack of exercise or activities leads to pent up energy and boredom which leads to grooming exesively or fighting over nonsense.

2. Sometimes sibling just get fed up of each other and need some time apart. Like when neither my brother or myself had vehicles and we lived in a smaller house with only one computer, one tv and our rooms right next to each other, ya, we fought Alllll the time. Now I don't see him much and we get along really well lol. So maybe they will only need a temporary seperation to cool off a bit.

If you let them roam I would try to up the amount, if not, maybe some stimulating activities like a dig box, or a piniata.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 pm
My new boys fight alot but they do it to be top rat in the cage. They dont hurt themselves BUT they do get restless since I dont have perches and toys for them yet. (they were rescues) You need to keep them busy. Chew toys, plastic ball cat toys, the activities that Gabby said. You can search on Google for activities for rats.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games