Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply Ladies
Alyssa's Beauty Tip Directory [hair tips and recipes UPDATE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 am
I asked while it was on my face lol. I just left it on for about 5-10 minutes, IDEK. It seems to have helped a LOT - my face is still a liiiitttle dry but it's WAY less dry. Feels softer, too. However, the sugar was kind of harsh. It sorta hurt to put on, and it hurt a little to take off. Do you have something less harsh? Or would just honey work?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:18 pm
I have weird, bumpy skin on my arms, and might try some of these natural exfoliating scrubs on them just to try and smooth out the skin -- if only temporarily. Any recommendations?  

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm
marzipancakes
For the honey/sugar exfoliation, do you take it right off or leave it on for a while?

Take it right off, since it is a scrub and not a mask :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm
I had this reallllly dry skin on my eyelids and under my eyes for like six months even with lotion. Turns out I switched to a different (heavier too) brand and they cleared up in a week.

I use this now http://www.aveeno.ca/en/products_details.asp?id=4325 day or night. (I couldn't afford to get two so I just got that one even though it has no spf cause I was really dry and it was heavier).

I'm not a fan of the perfumeyness of it though. D: My skin is sensitive and also it's just obnox on your eyes. I used to use Never Say Dry by Origins, but it's been discontinued. It smelled lightly of lemongrass and was the best moisturizer I've ever used. My face gets chapped in the winter without heavy heavy moisture.

My routine has changed recently, actually. I've stopped wearing makeup entirely over the school break, and I'm hoping I have the self confidence to keep it up since I know it's better for my skin.

Generally, I shower daily but pin my hair up and only wash it every 3-4 days. Then I scrub my face cause it feels dirty with a scrub or wash it with a gentle cleanser. I use shampoo as body wash and I comb my hair with conditioner. I always comb it out and get the stray hairs off after and let it dry naturally.

When I get out I put some lotion on my thighs and knees and elbows, and face cream on my face in an outward brushing motion. After it soaks in, that's when I'd do makeup if I do it.

I really really need a trim, my hair is getting tangled a lot from the split ends. It's been over a year since I got a cut, though. So it's expected.  

noramine

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

paper giraffes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:41 am
marzipancakes
I asked while it was on my face lol. I just left it on for about 5-10 minutes, IDEK. It seems to have helped a LOT - my face is still a liiiitttle dry but it's WAY less dry. Feels softer, too. However, the sugar was kind of harsh. It sorta hurt to put on, and it hurt a little to take off. Do you have something less harsh? Or would just honey work?

Honey wouldn't work by itself for a scrub because there is nothing abrasive about it. You could maybe try brown sugar though. It's grains are a little bit smaller so it might help pain wise. Just make sure you're gentle because you don't wanna tear the skin :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 am
Keito-san
I have weird, bumpy skin on my arms, and might try some of these natural exfoliating scrubs on them just to try and smooth out the skin -- if only temporarily. Any recommendations?

I suggest using the white sugar-honey mixture first (you use equal parts of each ingredient), and if that is too abrasive, like I told Mary you can use brown sugar.

What else you could do it use a loofah with some body wash in the shower since it is easiest to get dry skin off in the shower.

Always make sure to moisturize the area though, because you don't want to dry it out and make things worse ;<

If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.  

paper giraffes

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am
I really like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2fL8o7PEPA&feature=related

I tend to have trouble using a felt tip .. I think thats what she said. Across the top of the eyelid. It ends up looking gross and then it all wears off after awhile. I have huge eyes and I am tired of not-wearing make up because I feel I am not putting effort into my self.

Could you recommend a simple classy look that involves round shaped eyes without having to use a pencil eyeliner? Product names would be nice too, but I have no clue about make-up. I end up looking like a clown as my final result.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 am
Neuneu
I really like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2fL8o7PEPA&feature=related

I tend to have trouble using a felt tip .. I think thats what she said. Across the top of the eyelid. It ends up looking gross and then it all wears off after awhile. I have huge eyes and I am tired of not-wearing make up because I feel I am not putting effort into my self.

Could you recommend a simple classy look that involves round shaped eyes without having to use a pencil eyeliner? Product names would be nice too, but I have no clue about make-up. I end up looking like a clown as my final result.

She wasn't using a felt tip eyeliner. I had the same one a long time ago and it was like, a long foamy tip that I felt gave me little control. Liquid liners tend to have felt/marker tips like a small colouring marker, foamy tips that are similar to brushes, and brushes. Marker tips are the best since they give the most control.

I've personally never had any problems with liquid eyeliner wearing off ever, only pencil, so I'm not to sure what you're explaining. Maybe send me some pictures? It just sounds like you need a good liquid eyeliner.

As for classy looks, after searching youtube for a bit I found these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOrs2R-GtxQ
eyelinger tut for round eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmrtxQVd10
playlist on round eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUK9nHBVqYg&list=PLB2F41BD2A0237287&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Basically for whatever products they use, you can swap out for cheaper ones or ones you like better.  

paper giraffes

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm
Yes, I was describing a pencil. I have never used a liquid eyeliner before.
And thank you so much for the links. So so much thanks.

Also, why primer for the eye lid?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:42 pm
Neuneu
Yes, I was describing a pencil. I have never used a liquid eyeliner before.
And thank you so much for the links. So so much thanks.

Also, why primer for the eye lid?

Eyeshadow primer prevents your eyeshadow from creasing. It also helps it in giving more pigment payout, which makes it more vibrant.
It also helps eyeliner (especially pencil liners) stay a bit better when it's over eyeshadow  

paper giraffes

Ladies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces