Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
seru_ame

Cainan pushed his mane back out of his eyes as he sat at the table inside his smithy. At Mid-morning his day was already turning sour. He was pouring over the books for the guild and thing's didn't look good. Cainan wasn't sure if it was his faulty math or something else . Either way, things weren't adding up like they used to. He sincerely hoped it was just him and there was nothing unsavory taking place within the guild. He glanced forlornly at the glowing coals withing the forge. He really wanted to work on a new style of armor he'd thought of the previous night but without a buyer it was chancy to experiment until he had sorted out where this money was disappearing.
Cainan leaned back in his chair, his arms stretched above his head making his back crack. He cracked his neck from side to side and bent back down over the books with a groan. He sent a silent prayer to Nimrochiell.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 am
That prayer seemed to be answered with a sudden rap on the door.

"Hello, anybody in?" a soft, feminine voice called into the smithy, before the door swung open, revealing an oddly-colored, mostly blue mare. She grinned broadly as she peered around, and then caught sight of him. "Hello, there~! Are you the blacksmith?" she smiled, and trotted up to him, and plopped down beside him. "I was told the blacksmith here was a master of his trade..."  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm
Cainan's head shot up at the knock on his door. He blinked a couple of times at the unexpected but not unwanted intrusion. Cainan smiled and was about to stand before she sat down beside him. He shifted to face her and held his hand out. "Yes Ma'am. I'm Cainan, Head of the Craft Guild and Master Armorsmith. What can I do for you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:09 pm
Ney'Ite gave him a broad grin, and then shook his hand firmly. "I'm Ney'Ite. I had a proposal for you... a mutually beneficial venture, if you will. I am a traveling merchant, you see... And I need some wares to bring with me as I travel. I heard you were the one to talk to about metalwork... And I wanted to know if you and I could work something out."  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:38 pm
Cainan's face lit up, a handsome smile spreading across it. Nimrochiell DOES answer prayers! THIS is what he needed. The guild had been selling almost exclusively within the city limits. They needed another client base and a traveling merchant could do just the thing! "Well I do believe we can! You've come along at just the right time Ney'Ite! Now, are you looking for anything in particular? The guild has everything from armor and weaponry to tools and I've got an accomplished goldsmith who does amazing work in jewelery."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 pm
"Anything and everything you want to trade or sell, I can do so. All I ask is a bit of the profit... about... ten percent would be good, I think." Ney grinned, and then smiled. "I have my own cart, and pull it on my own, so there would be nobody else to split profits with..."  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 pm
Yep, she was perfect! She was exactly what he needed. He wondered what he'd done to deserve such good fortune. He spoke slowly as he thought. "Ok then...I'm definitely interested. How about we do a trial run first? I'll get a sampling of everything we make that you can take and sell or trade to drum up interest. Then, when you return we can examine what was popular and what wasn't and adjust accordingly?" He nodded to himself. "Ten percent sounds fine to me to start with. If this proves successful we can talk of raising your cut."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 pm
"Yes, that's quite acceptable... How long would it take to gather up various samplings?" she asked, grinning at him broadly, eyes closed. "May the Goddess smile on our working relationship..."  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm
"May she ever! She has already sent me a blessing in you today!" He thought a moment. " We've got a decent back stock right now. Do you think you can stay a day or two so I can talk with the other smiths and see what they have?" He tilted his head invitingly. "I can probably get a rough estimate ready for you by tomorrow if you want to meet me for lunch?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:49 pm
"I would like that... it's a date!" Ney smiled happy, and offered him her hand again. "I'm at the tavern, up the lane... If you want to stop in and say hello before then..." Ney smiled, and then nodded to him, before rising.  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:11 pm
Cainan rose with her and went to open the door for her. "Thank you Ney'ite." He didn't hide his pleasure. "I usually stop by there for dinner after work. I might see you then!" He was looking forward to their lunch date, for more reasons than one.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games