Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Who has been to Disney World/Disney Land?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScorchPilotQueen

5,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:15 pm
I am just asking I am going in January and I would love to hear some Disney theme park stories.
I would also love to know what others thinks is the best part about the parks.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm
I've been to Disney World and Disneyland Paris a couple times.

I also research the parks every now and again so know quite a bit about the various rides, parades etc.

My favourite ride is Space Mountain: Mission 2... the only Space Mountain coaster to have inversions. I love the atmosphere of the parks too.

What kind of rides do you like? I could suggest some.  

Azure Caterpillar

ScorchPilotQueen

5,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 pm
I love roller coasters. I know that they don't have many but I understand that because it is supposed to be more for younger kids. But the themed rides are cute. I am waiting for some more Little Mermaid stuff. Ariel is my absolute favorite. I have been there before. I too think the atmosphere is something to remember. We are also going to downtown Disney. That probably has more adult things to do, I am just looking for more adult things to do in general.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm
Well roller coaster wise at Disneyland you have Space Mountain, The Matterhorn (first tubuler steel coaster), Thunder Mountain Railroad and some other smaller coasters. At California Adventure there is Screamin' which is the only coaster at Disneyland to feature an inversion (one 360 loop). Both Space Mountain and Screamin' have a awesome soundtrack.

At Disney World you have the original Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom), which recently had music added to it. Also Thunder Mountain (Magic Kingdom), Rock 'n Roller Coaster (Disney Studios) (has inversions), Everest (Animal Kingdom) and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

Both Disneyland and Disney World have a Little Mermaid ride now too.  

Azure Caterpillar

netherfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 pm
Only ever been to Disneyland. My most recent trip was at the very beginning of summer. I saw World of Color for the first time and I was pretty good. I missed the opening of the Little Mermaid ride and the new Star Tours by a week! My favorite part about DL is just being there and my fav for CA Adventure is either Soarin' or Screamin'. Just out of curiosity which park are you going to, DL or WDW?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 pm
I went to Star Tours in Disney World. Met the guy who played( Him) from the powerpuff girls smile  

ScorchPilotQueen

5,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

hibita

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 pm
I've only been to Walt Disney World but my favorite thing is seeing the characters! If you can find your favorite character and talk to them about their movie. They get so into it I feel like I'm talking to the actual character!!

My favorite character to talk to is Mulan. She's found in the China pavilion in Epcot and doesn't usually have a long line. One time I asked her why she was wearing her fancy get up at the beginning of the movie and what's gonna happen if the huns were to attack again. She explained she wanted to wear her father's armor but her mom was like "Mulan, you'll be seeing lots of people today. You have to look good." She told me you know how moms are and I told her I know my mom is the same way. Then she asked me if I did see the Huns to come and get her so we could fight them together in our pink outfits (i wore a pink shirt that day). I said we had a deal.

So the true secret is to talk to the characters about their movies and don't be afraid to ask the tough questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm
I've only been there once. When I went I was only like 7 maybe? I still remember things here and there, like a red coaster in Toon Town, Space Mountian[which I got sick on], Minnies House, meeting Ariel, getting scared by Goofy and then him kissing my mom LOL

I just remembered that my brother found like, 10/20 bucks on the ground. lol  

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Disney Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers