Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] Influential Minds. (Alfajiri and Dromio)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

junglerunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm
Alfajiri was still young but she had an old head on young shoulders and even from early on, after meeting her grandparents and other family members she knew she had been born into a family that had a lot of history and plenty of drama to go with it. She knew little of her grandmother Maua however her father seemed to simply agree with and to every statement she made even when her mother began to say something Maua seemed to hush her quickly and continue speaking her mind, whilst her mother melted back into the background. Whilst Alfajiri loved her parents dearly she vowed she'd never be hushed in such a manner. She, like all youth, still had plenty to learn however and whilst she was young and naive the world at first glance seemed pretty black and white to her.

Wanting a little space from her family Alfajiri had ventured away from her parents den in hopes to either find some measure of peace or to simply find or gain another form of interaction she could learn from besides her parents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:14 pm
User Image

It was a nice day.

If you liked poor weather, that is.

The clouds hounded around the sun, blocking the yellow rays from reaching the ground, casting the pride lands in a gray gloom. The overcast sky, ever blackening, brimmed on the verge of rain, and Dromio knew it would only be a matter of time before the skies released all that lovely water. They hadn’t had rain in a while- it was probably going to be good for the forest that the rains were finally upon them again. For the lions, however, it was just a hassle best avoided.

Moving through the pride, he could see it was much calmer than usual. Most were in their dens, waiting for the rain to come and, more importantly, pass. That was fine- it was a nice experience to see the pride so silent.

Very rare.

Smiling faintly, he moved forward, ignoring the few small droplets of water against the bridge of his nose as he found himself moving towards something small and purple. Very purple. “Hello there, little one,” he offered once he was close enough, “are you aware it’s going to rain soon?”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

junglerunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:04 pm
She stopped in her tracks as she came across the grown male, he was unknown to her but that wasn't surprising considering she'd never really been out of her parents protection and only family members seemed to have visited them over the last few days. She stared up at him, he was noble of course, from her grandmothers cooing over her and her siblings pelts it was something desirable to have purple fur and the male standing in front of her had a light lilac mane. She wasn't naturally a shy cub and it wasn't just naivety that made her bold, she was an outspoken young cub and she was quick to respond, 'Looking at the clouds, yes I'd stay it is about to, why?' True be told however she'd not noticed the foreboding dark clouds which were forming over head. She stared up at the darkening clouds and realised it wasn't simply going to be a light shower it was threatening to become something quiet else. She turned her eyes away from the sky, though still had to look up equally the same to stare into the orange, earthen baked brown eyes of her male company.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:55 pm
Dromio smiled. “Why?” he repeated, “well, I just thought your parents might not want you out in the rain on your own, that’s all.” He sat himself down, the light droplets of water still few and far between. There didn’t seem much need to go rushing for shelter just yet.

“I would be sad if someone so young ended up getting sick, but I suppose it’s nothing to worry about yet.” He smiled, watching the sky still. Though it was innocent enough for the time being, he knew rain was highly unpredictable. Chances were good that the rain would pick up quite a bit before passing on to another part of the land. If he knew his cubs were out playing when the rain threatened the pride, he would be worried. Though… he didn’t have cubs. At the moment, he didn’t want them. He’d only just started considering himself an adult, after all.

One thing at a time.

“Anyway, what’s your name, little one? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before. Have the nobles had another litter?” Lots of babies. Hopefully they wouldn’t be raised on the notion of their coat being the most important part of them. Dromio just didn’t believe that the only thing that mattered was fur.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

junglerunner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:57 am
She smile politely in response and conceded, 'Your quite right, they probably would or will worry should I be out in the rain but as you've pointed out, it's nothing to worry about yet.' It was grey, that much was true but the rain drops simply fell in a few rare patters of moisture at the moment, nothing to worry about. The summer had passed and soon unpredictable rains and monsoons would dominate the sky and subject it's raw force to the land below. Alfajiri was young however and had yet to experience a whole years worth of seasons and what each characteristically brought to the landscape, she'd learn quick enough though. The conversation continued and she turned her deep purple eyes upwards to stare confidently at the male, 'Alfajiri.' She stated simply and she nodded softly at his secondary question, 'Yes, my parents are Kivuli and Porphyra. My grandmother is Maua.' She observed him carefully for a reaction, it wasn't his parents names he was watching for a reaction to, she had seen her father bow and simply agree with her grandmother just to keep things sweet and her mother simply hushed. Even at her tender age she knew her grandmother would be someone most pride members, notably nobles, would have some opinion of.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games