Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
The Girl Who Waited Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you think of this week's episode?
  Astounding.
  Pretty good.
  Meh. It was alright.
  Pretty bad.
  Horrible.
View Results

Twisted Time Lord

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:28 pm
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
I think the facility is a danger to anyone who doesn't know what they are walking into, I think everyone including Amy and Rory wanted to punch the doctor in this episode, lieing to the older Amy just to get her help was wrong and for him to say she doesn't exist when she does just to try and get Rory to leave her there was horrible, while it is true that she could not be allowed to exist with the younger Amy there his lack of respect for the older Amy just because she's not the version of her that they came to save has caused me to dislike this new doctors outlook on everything a great deal.

I forgot about that. Saying that she doesn't exist is really hurtful. Poor (older) Amy. How would you feel if your supposed-friend said that about you?

The thing that irks me about that is that he assumes that just cause they aren't going to save her and she won't exist it's okay to be mean and hurtful to her and not treat her like another human being cause she won't know it happened when she's gone. this new Doctor is very lacking in morals if you ask me.

I definitely feel like he's darker than the last Doctor. Especially after seeing "A Good Man Goes to War" and hearing River's speech. 3nodding

Maybe he's turning into an evil Timelord. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:43 pm
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
I think the facility is a danger to anyone who doesn't know what they are walking into, I think everyone including Amy and Rory wanted to punch the doctor in this episode, lieing to the older Amy just to get her help was wrong and for him to say she doesn't exist when she does just to try and get Rory to leave her there was horrible, while it is true that she could not be allowed to exist with the younger Amy there his lack of respect for the older Amy just because she's not the version of her that they came to save has caused me to dislike this new doctors outlook on everything a great deal.

I forgot about that. Saying that she doesn't exist is really hurtful. Poor (older) Amy. How would you feel if your supposed-friend said that about you?

The thing that irks me about that is that he assumes that just cause they aren't going to save her and she won't exist it's okay to be mean and hurtful to her and not treat her like another human being cause she won't know it happened when she's gone. this new Doctor is very lacking in morals if you ask me.

I definitely feel like he's darker than the last Doctor. Especially after seeing "A Good Man Goes to War" and hearing River's speech. 3nodding

Yeah, but 11 is sad about all this. Go back and watch "The Runaway Bride". Watch 10's face as he lets the Racnoss young drown. There is no sadness to him. There is no remorse. It's the cold, dead stare of a shark.

11 is like a Vietnam War vet. He seems to be a fine, happy person, until he starts remembering the things he has done. It's been this way for 9 and 10, but to a much lesser extent. When he imprisoned Gallifrey, something definitely changed.  

Amadeus McNinja

Amadeus McNinja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 pm
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime

You mean like the V- ohhh...
Moffat, you cheeky bugger!
The Valeyard is a personification of all that is evil about the Doctor created sometime between his 12th and final incarnations. Up 'til now, the Doc isn't really an evil guy, and all his collected evil personified would amount to that one teacher who gave you homework over Christmas Break. When he was created, the writers were writing checks they knew wouldn't be cashed until much later. Before this happens, Moffat is showing that there is indeed evil within him, and personified, it would truly be a force to be reckoned with.
Good show, Moffat, Good show.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 pm
Amadeus McNinja

Yeah, but 11 is sad about all this. Go back and watch "The Runaway Bride". Watch 10's face as he lets the Racnoss young drown. There is no sadness to him. There is no remorse. It's the cold, dead stare of a shark.

11 is like a Vietnam War vet. He seems to be a fine, happy person, until he starts remembering the things he has done. It's been this way for 9 and 10, but to a much lesser extent. When he imprisoned Gallifrey, something definitely changed.

Mmm-hm, I know what you mean. I've been watching the re-runs intermittently between the new episodes, and the comparison strikes me. On "Water on Mars" he goes on a power trip. Then he deflates in the end, like the universe had to put him back in his place.

And I was annoyed at how mean he was to Jackie. I know it's not as serious a situation, but the poor woman is just worried to death for her daughter, and it's so sad that she's just left behind while he and Rose traverse across the universe on giddy adventures. In "Love and Monsters," there's a whole group of people whose lives are permanently affected by him. He's not cruel to them, but he treats them a little bit like a rock star treats his fans. He acknowledges their existence and tries to help them, but there's no real sense of intimacy with them. It's like his priorities are himself and his companions (and his companions' family by proxy), but he doesn't have much interest in the "little people."

While 11 seems to feel things very deeply, even for the most casual of acquaintances. In "A Good Man Goes to War" he goes out of his way to make the dying soldier believe she had an impact in his life, something I never saw 10 attempt to do or even care to. Same with the bishop in the Weeping Angels episode with River.

It's hard for me to gather my thoughts, though, because I've only been watching the older episodes out of order. But as I watch more and more of them, I prefer 11 over 10, which is the opposite of how I felt when I first started watching.

In summary, I think 11 is darker because he has more depth to him. The pain goes deeper. As you said, he's like a war vet, while 10 was more flat. His dead shark-stare is lack of emotion. He's more simple. He's more pat. If that makes any sense at all. It's hard to explain.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 pm
Amadeus McNinja
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime

The Valeyard is a personification of all that is evil about the Doctor created sometime between his 12th and final incarnations. Up 'til now, the Doc isn't really an evil guy, and all his collected evil personified would amount to that one teacher who gave you homework over Christmas Break. When he was created, the writers were writing checks they knew wouldn't be cashed until much later. Before this happens, Moffat is showing that there is indeed evil within him, and personified, it would truly be a force to be reckoned with.

Aptly demonstrated in the episode with the Dream Lord. All that's dark in the Doctor being fed on by the pollen/spores/things coming out for mischief.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja

Mmm-hm, I know what you mean. I've been watching the re-runs intermittently between the new episodes, and the comparison strikes me. On "Water on Mars" he goes on a power trip. Then he deflates in the end, like the universe had to put him back in his place.

And I was annoyed at how mean he was to Jackie. I know it's not as serious a situation, but the poor woman is just worried to death for her daughter, and it's so sad that she's just left behind while he and Rose traverse across the universe on giddy adventures. In "Love and Monsters," there's a whole group of people whose lives are permanently affected by him. He's not cruel to them, but he treats them a little bit like a rock star treats his fans. He acknowledges their existence and tries to help them, but there's no real sense of intimacy with them. It's like his priorities are himself and his companions (and his companions' family by proxy), but he doesn't have much interest in the "little people."

While 11 seems to feel things very deeply, even for the most casual of acquaintances. In "A Good Man Goes to War" he goes out of his way to make the dying soldier believe she had an impact in his life, something I never saw 10 attempt to do or even care to. Same with the bishop in the Weeping Angels episode with River.

It's hard for me to gather my thoughts, though, because I've only been watching the older episodes out of order. But as I watch more and more of them, I prefer 11 over 10, which is the opposite of how I felt when I first started watching.

In summary, I think 11 is darker because he has more depth to him. The pain goes deeper. As you said, he's like a war vet, while 10 was more flat. His dead shark-stare is lack of emotion. He's more simple. He's more pat. If that makes any sense at all. It's hard to explain.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. 10 with the Racnoss was less like a shark and more like a serial killer. He was acting out of anger from losing Rose, and he definitely was NOT lacking emotion.  

Amadeus McNinja

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:25 pm
Amadeus McNinja
GreenInkling
Amadeus McNinja

Maybe I phrased it wrong. 10 with the Racnoss was less like a shark and more like a serial killer. He was acting out of anger from losing Rose, and he definitely was NOT lacking emotion.

I can't see it. His face is emotionless and very stern to me. Steely, if you will.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 pm
Amadeus McNinja
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime
GreenInkling
Rikku Hajime

Couldn't have said it better myself. 3nodding  

Twisted Time Lord

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sailor Stephy

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am
11 isn't becoming more evil or what not. I honestly think he is becoming more human than anything else. The longer he is with humans the more he is starting to react the same as they do.

Humans give up. Humans are quick to judge. Humans have power trips. surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:13 pm
I really didn't like the doctor's attitude towards the other Amy in this one either. I mean, don't get me wrong, I lked the episode, and I liked how Karen Gillan pulled off the older, more bitter version of Amy. I even understand that the older Amy couldn't be in the TARDIS at the same time as the younger Amy. However, I still think that the Doctor could have given her a chance to live. I hated how he just made up his mind and left the other Amy behind.

On the other hand, I remember how in the Dream Lord episode, he said the reason he chose Amy and Rory to come with him on his adventures was because there isn't very much darkness in them. This older Amy was definitely much darker than the younger Amy.

Anyway, I do think the Two Streams facility was somewhat of a kindness, seeing as it was supposed to help stop the spread of the disease. However, someone should have taken into account that there might be some other life forms who would visit the planet. I mean, it was a tourist spot, and not everyone might have received the memo that the planet was quarantined. Someone should definitely have put a little more thought into programming those robots.  

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers