Welcome to Gaia! ::

F.U.R. - Furtastic Union of Roleplayers

Back to Guilds

A guild for furry roleplayers of all shapes, sizes, types, and styles. 

Tags: furry, roleplay, social, mature 

Reply Fursona's R Us
Aduriel [species]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:00 am
Species: Aduriel (pl. aduriel; from the Latin aduro meaning to set fire to, and Haziel, an angel name meaning vision of God)

Genus: Unknown

Type: Manufactured Hybrid (special weapons category)

Appearance: Aduriel tend to grow into their full physical maturity within a week to ten days of their creation. However, due to growth stunting during the initial experiments, the body never grows beyond that of a twelve to thirteen year old, causing them to be shorter and more androgynous in appearance (5’5” being the tallest in current existence). Gene defects during the first experiment also led to the species having two sets of ear flaps, one right above the other, though only one set of ears. These face downwards, a small energy sphere floating between the two tips where the kinetic energies polarize about the head. The spheres can give off a light buzzing sound when the creature is either enraged or happy. As the base body was a human’s, Aduriel have more humanoid appearances, being bipedal as well as having humanoid hands and feet, though these tend to be longer and covered in fur like the rest of their bodies. While the body is human in appearance except for the fur, their faces are more cat-like, with feline shaped muzzles and brow lines. On the forehead protrude four small horns, commonly found in a square. These are usually quite petite, though tend to be a little longer on males, the top set sometimes even curling up over the tops of their heads. The eyes are extremely luminescent, generally matching the color of the energy spheres. Aduriel fur is the most interesting and unique part of the beasts, commonly consisting of three colors in total- the two base shades being darker and one extremely bright, almost glowing color for the markings. The markings are the true tell of their unnatural origins, the complexity of them being quite intriguing. Appearing on their shoulders, thighs, and backs; the markings take on the form of mathematical generated images known as fractals. The main fur is short and fine, soft and light like down feathers, however, the fur on the forearms and calves is longer and thicker, resulting in a coarser fur that manages to act as an insulator and flame-retardant when the Aduriel is attacking. Their chests are either covered in very plush plumes of fur or what has been described as a breastplate of scales, not unlike a dragon or other reptilian creature. Another sign of reptilian genetics shows itself in their tails, being covered in scales and starting about the center of their lower backs, keeping attached to the body until it reaches the top of the rear from which point it protrudes outward, keeping very narrow and long, ending in a point. From the underside of this tail sprouts a cascade of silky straight hair like that of a horse, growing all the way from base to tip, creating a curtain like effect when the tale is held horizontally.

Personality: Aduriel tend to be much like the child they were created from, keeping an innocence about them at all times. They are very open, curious creatures, that love to inquire and explore with little thought towards danger and personal space. Aduriel can utilize anywhere from 10 to 25% more of their brains than humans, making them the most intellectually advanced species on Earth. The increased activity of their brains makes them extremely bright and quick learners, however, it does make them more susceptible to mental diseases such as manic-depression, schizophrenia, and dissociative identity disorder. This often times makes them unstable and dangerous. However, when calm, most are very affectionate and friendly, though perhaps not the most well adjusted or socially adept.

Abilities: Higher brain function allows these creatures to utilize the power of their kinetic energies, a force that can be used to manipulate the energy of people and items around them. While this gives them certain powers like telekinesis, they were bred specifically for the Pyro-kinetic abilities it allowed them. By using their energy to heat and cause friction in the air, they can affectively produce fire, mostly centering around their hands and feet. Also, this energy can be used to compress the energies of other things, causing them to eventually combust, turning every available item and creature into potential bombs.

Bio: TBA

Note: this species is (c) me. Please do not use without express consent from me and proper acknowledgement stating myself as the creator. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:03 am
A color-inaccurate rendering of the first Aduriel, a female, with Mandelbrot sets as markings (further information on her can be found here):

User Image  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am
I believe it's called "Dissociative Personality Disorder", rather than "Multiple Personality Disorder". Or at least I think so. I'm no psychologist. XP

Ah, the Mandelbrot Set. You get kudos for using something larger than the entire universe as a coat pattern! Very interesting profile, here. May I ask if it's for anything specific or is it just an idea for a race?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 pm
Alistair Krowe
I believe it's called "Dissociative Personality Disorder", rather than "Multiple Personality Disorder". Or at least I think so. I'm no psychologist. XP

Ah, the Mandelbrot Set. You get kudos for using something larger than the entire universe as a coat pattern! Very interesting profile, here. May I ask if it's for anything specific or is it just an idea for a race?

I would look it up in my DSM IV, but I'm too lazy. lol. Though, part of me wants to say that they're both two separate things... hmmm now I'm really going to have to look this up.

Thanks. ^^ I really like fractals so I thought it would be interesting. I do plan on using these for a story, most centered around their creation and what not, though it did just start out as just a want to create something new for the furry world.  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:29 pm
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

I would look it up in my DSM IV, but I'm too lazy. lol. Though, part of me wants to say that they're both two separate things... hmmm now I'm really going to have to look this up.

Thanks. ^^ I really like fractals so I thought it would be interesting. I do plan on using these for a story, most centered around their creation and what not, though it did just start out as just a want to create something new for the furry world.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

I remember the first time I even heard about fractals and the Mandelbrot set, when I was still in technical college. My math instructor showed us this music video by a guy named Jonathan Coulton. It's got some bad language in it, so NSFW. Still, an awesome little tune about that badass effin' fractal.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 pm
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

I remember the first time I even heard about fractals and the Mandelbrot set, when I was still in technical college. My math instructor showed us this music video by a guy named Jonathan Coulton. It's got some bad language in it, so NSFW. Still, an awesome little tune about that badass effin' fractal.

You were mostly right. It's Dissociative Identity Disorder. So kudos on knowing that.

My math teacher in hs got me into them. Had a bunch as his screen savor. And fractals are effin' badass!  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:20 pm
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

You were mostly right. It's Dissociative Identity Disorder. So kudos on knowing that.

My math teacher in hs got me into them. Had a bunch as his screen savor. And fractals are effin' badass!

Ah. Stilll must issue a derp to myself for getting only partial credit. D:

They're very fascinating. I'm not going to pretend to understand them given my inability to comprehend even basic mathematics, but it's amazing that a formula can produce an image that's just so infinite and odd-looking like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:28 pm
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

They're very fascinating. I'm not going to pretend to understand them given my inability to comprehend even basic mathematics, but it's amazing that a formula can produce an image that's just so infinite and odd-looking like that.

You had more of it right than I did and I'm a psych major...

I don't totally understand either, but it is fascinating. One simple function having a graph so infinite and intriguing. I've seen some pretty cool math graphs in my classes, but nothing like a fractal. It goes against normal reason to think that something so straight forward and precise as math could produce something so artistic and beautiful.  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:42 pm
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

You had more of it right than I did and I'm a psych major...

I don't totally understand either, but it is fascinating. One simple function having a graph so infinite and intriguing. I've seen some pretty cool math graphs in my classes, but nothing like a fractal. It goes against normal reason to think that something so straight forward and precise as math could produce something so artistic and beautiful.

Still, that major means ya know a great deal more about the subject than I do. XP

Math is an intricate web of correlations and relationships, all in mutual symbiosis. One formula needs the other, fractions can't be simplified without division, division without multiplication, and so on. All that basic stuff is the very lifeblood of an economy, for said economy can't exist without it. If something as simple as adding and subtracting can yield a complex system that's the very basis of our society, just think what the more complicated subjects can yield. As much as I hate the subject of math, I can't deny it's practical beauty and sheer versatility. It's no wonder just about everything we do employs the subject to some degree.

If only it were simpler to grasp for the likes of sun-addled country boys like me. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:49 pm
Alistair Krowe
Still, that major means ya know a great deal more about the subject than I do. XP

Math is an intricate web of correlations and relationships, all in mutual symbiosis. One formula needs the other, fractions can't be simplified without division, division without multiplication, and so on. All that basic stuff is the very lifeblood of an economy, for said economy can't exist without it. If something as simple as adding and subtracting can yield a complex system that's the very basis of our society, just think what the more complicated subjects can yield. As much as I hate the subject of math, I can't deny it's practical beauty and sheer versatility. It's no wonder just about everything we do employs the subject to some degree.

If only it were simpler to grasp for the likes of sun-addled country boys like me. XD

I think you just made me nerd-gasm. lol
I couldn't think of a more perfect way to state the wonders of math.
It is hard to grasp for a lot of people though. Just have to have a certain kind of brain for it. Still, it sounds like you could find your way around single-variable calculus without any problems (That was my math class last year). Like you said, everything in math is just an elaboration of what came before it. Things as simple as adding and subtracting, multiplying and dividing, make up all the rest of the mathematical formulas. If you know how to do them, you have the potential to do anything with math.  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:02 pm
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

It is hard to grasp for a lot of people though. Just have to have a certain kind of brain for it. Still, it sounds like you could find your way around single-variable calculus without any problems (That was my math class last year). Like you said, everything in math is just an elaboration of what came before it. Things as simple as adding and subtracting, multiplying and dividing, make up all the rest of the mathematical formulas. If you know how to do them, you have the potential to do anything with math.

Just one of my rambling brain-farts for ya. XD

Like you said, it takes a certain mentality to master it. I'm bored to tears by it, to the point where my unmedicated ADD says "I s**t you not, if you don't stop staring at numbers right now, I'm going to start making you daydream about space pirates."

I've tried. I've tried sooooooo hard, but like I said, I can't even remember my basics half the time. Goes in one ear and right out the other, regardless of the level of memorization. One of the biggest impediments of my college experience. Oh, how my math teachers hated me. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:08 pm
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

Like you said, it takes a certain mentality to master it. I'm bored to tears by it, to the point where my unmedicated ADD says "I s**t you not, if you don't stop staring at numbers right now, I'm going to start making you daydream about space pirates."

I've tried. I've tried sooooooo hard, but like I said, I can't even remember my basics half the time. Goes in one ear and right out the other, regardless of the level of memorization. One of the biggest impediments of my college experience. Oh, how my math teachers hated me. XD

Eh, you've got other talents that make you fabulous. If everyone was good at math, it would just get ridiculous and redundant real fast. I like it well enough, but I can definitely see how many people are bored and frustrated by it. Space pirates are totally more entertaining. ^_^  

-l- Psychotic Saint -l-

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeren the Morph

Zeren the Morph

Vice Captain

Shy Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:30 pm
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe
-l- Psychotic Saint -l-
Alistair Krowe

Eh, you've got other talents that make you fabulous. If everyone was good at math, it would just get ridiculous and redundant real fast. I like it well enough, but I can definitely see how many people are bored and frustrated by it. Space pirates are totally more entertaining. ^_^

Space pirates are awesome. They're pirates, but in space. :U

Nice talking to ya, but I gotta roll for a pre-birthday outing to a Mexican restaurant. See ya in a bit!  
Fursona's R Us

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games