[PRP] Well, That Hurt..( Rian and Mol) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm
User Image

Rian limped along the trail leading up to the healer's dens, trying very hard not to use any of the words the other scouts had slowly been teaching him over the weeks he had been in training. His mother Eva would flay him alive if she overheard him, or if any of the other healers overheard him and she got wind of it, and he knew from cubhood she'd find out.

Somehow she'd manage to raise...twenty plus of them...the number was boggling, and keep her sanity...yeah..she'd find out. So, keeping his mouth firmly shut on all the new, nifty, words that wanted to spill out if it, the young male, limped along, heading up the row of dens to the one the pale hyena claimed as her own. One of the scouts had suggested her, cause she was friendly, and not likely to tell Eva about his misadventure.

Sticking his massive head around the corner of it, (he was as big as his father, who was twice the size of a normal male), to see if she was there and not tending to a patient, the young scout waited patiently.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm
User Image

Alchemilla Mollis had her back to the den mouth her paws were busy but not in tending someone, she was crushing dried leaves in to a bowl using a stone, the crushing produced a rich, sweet aroma which filled the den. Not that it didn't smell strange any way. She stored all of her herbs and various roots in here dried and hung from anything she could create to hold the precious things off the ground.

Up in the far corner of the den, a bright bird sat as still as a statue her feathers brightening up the dark corner. Kefiin clicks her beak. "Ask to enter lad, spying is rude." The brightly coloured bird unfurls her wings and drops down from her perch to land on the back of the pale yellow hyena. "You have a visitor."

The female hyena laughs gently. "I heard him Kefiin, calm your claws." She smiles a wide smile looking slightly sideways at the big male lion. "Come, sit here, let me see what you have managed to do in your mothers absence." She continues to crush the sweet smelling leaves.  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
Rian blushed and it showed up clearly on his white pelt as he glanced at the bird and then to the healer, " Sorry ma'am, Mom always said you waited till invited in. Healer's always have their paws busy, and if your not bleeding to death or leaving your stomach contents everywhere, you can wait." He had a deep voice like his dad's, but it still carried the uncertainty of youth in its tones.

He limped in, and as soon as he entered, the hyena could see the reason why he was doing so, his right front paw was pretty mangled. It looked like he stuck it in something's mouth...repeatedly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 am
Turning around the female hyena raises a brow. "And how did you do that?" She sighs busteling off to one side of the den she pulls out strips of supple leather and a small pelt. "Kefiin, You know what I need." She shrugs her shoulders to get the bird to leave her.

The big eagle clicks her beak. "I know what you need and his mother will kill him when she sees that." She laughs raucously and lifts her wings flying through out the den and plucking herbs from the wall.

Mol laughs gently "She won't kill him." She smiles at the young male "Do't worry dear, Kefiin has a way of playing on your worst fears." She shakes her head "I sometimes think that bird can read minds. Now let me see." She lifts his paw with a gentle patience, knowing that moving it in such a way would cause him pain. She tuts and shakes her head "How on earth did you do this hmm? I hope you weren't taunting crocodiles." She laughs "I am serious though don't taunt crocodiles, they will have your foot off."

The brightly coloured bird lands squarely on the ground depositing various roots and leaves at her side. "Is it a clean break? Looks like his foot is on the wrong way." She hops away again returning with a bowl in her beak which she deposits by the hyenas feet.

"Unfortunately your mother will know you have hurt this no matter what I do." The female hyena smiles a dazzling smile, a little laughter in her voice, there was no reason for him to come to her unless he didn't want his mother to know, "But I can make it so it will only look like a little sprain instead of a break." She chuckles lightly and sits on her haunches placing a few of the ingredients in to the bowl and mashing them together.

((is his leg broken and is the skin torn? Just need to know so she can fix it properly ^_^!))  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 am
The young adult watched the eagle in rapt fascination, blinking a few times at the comments that came out of the raptors beak. He'd known a few familiars in his limited experience with life, but none were as vocal as the one that was flying hither tither along the healer's walls depositing herbs and unsettling words about his head like large drops of rain.

It distracted him enough that he missed the hyena healer's first question about crocodiles, and the prodding of his foot, the first making him raise his ears forward and blush more, the second making them lay flat and gasp, but not pull away. He was the son of a guard, and of the Master Healer, he learned early you don't pull away when your hurts were being seen to.

" Uh, no Ma'am. It wasn't a crocodile. It was a pack of hyenas along the west border. They were coming in for the cubs, the ones the nannies take up to get some sun along the ridge there. Three of us scouts were coming in from patrol and spotted them. I'm the biggest so I stayed with my mentor and the other went to get the guards. Held them off till they could get there. One got a hold, damn thing wouldn't let go. Had to use him like a rock against the others, worked pretty good to." The last few words had some humor in his voice till he realized he was talking to a hyena, the his ears went flat again and his blush went darker.

"Sorry Ma'ma, that was disrespectful of me."

(( I'd say fractured and sprained and the skin bit up, typical dog mauling xp ))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 pm
The female hyena laughed. "Don't you worry about it young man. I know not all of my species have as wonderful a temperament as me." She turns from her bowl with a leaf full of mush which she places on to the wound. "Stay still." She whispers.

Kefiin waddles forwards and holds a large stick out to the young lion, She waits quietly, rolling her eyes in an impatient manner.

"And take the stick, I know that it's quieter with that in her mouth but you will need it in a moment Hold it tightly between your teeth and chomp down when it hurts." She smiles holding his leg in both of her fore paws.  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm
" Yes Ma'am," he said, his tone clearly relived that she wasn't going to take take offense at his bad manners, gods above, what would his mother say? Looking back over at the bird, he took the stick between his teeth.

" Uh.." his words were a little garbled cause of the stick, " 'ould we nut 'ell mum 'ow tis 'appen? 'hed frek."

His amber eyes looked down at her, pleading still in a youngling's way, after all his mane had only just grown in. He was still learning to be on his own in the bachelor dens, and just learning to be a scout. This was his first real time on his own. No wonder he'd come here and not gone to Eva.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 pm
Alchemilla laughed lightly and nodded. "Don't worry your mother will never know." She catches his gaze for a moment and quickly shifts her paws with a small crack she nods. "there, that s what the stick was for."

The bird clicks her beak and passes the hyena two thin slices of wood. "Kids today, can't keep themselves out of trouble can they?" She ruffles her wings a little passing Mol this and that.

The female hyena quickly binds his leg, the squishy balm in the center she supports his leg with the splints and wraps supple leather around his leg. She chuckles and places a rabbit fur muff over his leg. Gently putting his leg back down she admires her handy work and holds her paw out. "Give me the other one too." She waits patiently, her gentle green eyes dancing merrily.  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 pm
The relief that he felt that his mom wasn't going to find out was short lived as the flaring pain of having his paw put back in place seared up his foreleg like the time Saoirse chased him into a bee hive.

He bit down on the stick so hard it snapped it in half, leaving the two ends dangling out the side of his mouth like some kind of bone. Trying not to faint, he watched the healer work, swallowing hard a few times, concentrating on what she was saying.

" The other paw Ma'am?" He was rather proud of the fact his voice was fairly steady, despite the fact he wanted to lose his breakfast all over the den floor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:52 pm
Alchemilla Mollis laughed quietly. "Well don't you think it's odd to have a cuff on one paw and not on the other?" She holds up a second pelt of rabbit fur. "If both paws match, it's less obvious that there is something wrong with one." She winks conspiratorially and scoop up a couple of leaves in her other paw. "Open your mouth and chew on these, it's chamomile, it will settle your stomach."

The bird shakes her head. "He's never pulled the wool over his ma's eyes before Mol, you're so bad, you should tell her what her wayward son has been up to!" She raises both brows "As mischievous as a cub you are Mol!" She flaps.

The hyena chuckles "Don't worry I won't tell her, patient doctor privilege and all that." She smiles. "And don't worry about Kefiin, she just likes to pull your leg. She enjoys getting a rise out of my patients." She whispers waiting patiently with leaves in one paw and second rabbit fur cuff in the other.  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Rian blanched at the thought of hiding something from Eva. When he was a cub, well, maybe a few small things, but something BIG, yeah not if you wanted to keep your pelt. She had never been cruel, but raising twenty odd cubs, most boys, even with a army of nannies, meant you had to have a good balance of firm paws and compassionate ones.

Looking back and forth between the two females, he suddenly felt a little like he was out of his depths, and if he had been a little older and little wiser, he would realize that most males felt this way when with any female no matter the species.

Taking the herbs, he chewed them dutifully, and then held out his other paw. Once he swallowed the slightly bitter, minty leaves he asked very politely, " How long for it to heal Ma'am. I have to get back to work."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:46 am
The pale yellow hyena smiled softly. Clearly the young male had only just realised he was surrounded by women. She slips the rabbit pelt on to his other foreleg and admires her handy work. "Excellent, let me see you walk on it, the splint should support it but you'll walk with a bit of a limp. As magical as my powers are I can't fix a break, but you're lucky, it was a clean snap so it should fix itself within a month."

Kefiin shakes her head and stretches her wings flapping up she passes by the young male lions head before landing squarely between the shoulders of the female hyena. "Tch, his mother will will know he's hurt himself out there Mol sprained his ancle did he?" She raises a brow at the young pale lioness. "Can't lie to your mother young un best you tell her rather than she find out by looking at you."

"You need to rest for at least four nights, keep the paw up and don't do any running or strenuous exercise, no playing pouncing or hunting, am I clear?" She raises a brow, she could be stern when it was needed. "After that you can go back on patrol but I will see you once a week for a month to change the salve and the splint." She smiles softly at the pale male. "Your mother will know you have a limp unless you avoid her it will be at least a few days before you can go on duty and I really CANNOT stress enough that you are not to put too much strain on that leg. Am I clear?"  

Syrius Lionwing

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:52 am
Rian winced, but nodded, sighing softly, " Yes Ma'am. I will keep myself off my paws. I know how important it is to follow healer's instructions to the letter."

Looking over at the bird, her sighed again and looked between the two, " I will speak to my mother, but will not give her all the details. Its not that she is over protective, not really..she's just...uh...well since Ruko died..."

It was still hard to talk about the loss of his brother, the plague had taken him just recently. It sat far to heavy on everyone's heart. Shaking it off, he looked back to the healer and ducked his head, getting back to his feet gingerly, " Thank you again Ma'am. I'll be back like you told me."

With that the young scout carefully limped out of her den and back toward where he was to meet his mentor.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games