Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I'm confused..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InvertedCr0sses

5,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm
I'm confused about my sexuality. It's something I've wondered about for a long time, but never found out for sure. I am a girl and definitely into men, though I catch myself looking at some girls at times. I think I may be bi, and my friend even told me he wouldn't be surprised if I was.
I know my true friends would be okay with it, along with my sister and mother because they have gay friends, but my dad..He said he would disown me or my sister if we were bisexual or gay. But guess what I need to figure out is if I am bisexual. But I don't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Most people fail to realize that determining sexuality is not just about figuring out your attraction to the sexes. In addition, it's about trying to find what makes you happy. Does the thought of being with a man make you happy? A woman? Either? Who knows; only you will find that answer. I suggest you befriend other LGBT people. Don't let your emotions run wild - simply remain friends with the people you meet [for now]. The more the LGBT community becomes part of your life, the less uncertainty you'll have about your sexuality.

As for your parents: try to stay on the down-low (especially if you're under age and living in their house). Right now, you don't know [your sexuality] yourself, so they can't banish you for something you don't know.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

InvertedCr0sses

5,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 pm
lgtenos
Most people fail to realize that determining sexuality is not just about figuring out your attraction to the sexes. In addition, it's about trying to find what makes you happy. Does the thought of being with a man make you happy? A woman? Either? Who knows; only you will find that answer. I suggest you befriend other LGBT people. Don't let your emotions run wild - simply remain friends with the people you meet [for now]. The more the LGBT community becomes part of your life, the less uncertainty you'll have about your sexuality.

As for your parents: try to stay on the down-low (especially if you're under age and living in their house). Right now, you don't know [your sexuality] yourself, so they can't banish you for something you don't know.

The other part is I currently have a boyfriend, who makes me very happy. I've actually talked to a close friend about this, and she said that I may just be curious. But since I have a boyfriend I'm not too worried about it at the moment. It's just that this has been in my head for awhile.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:28 pm
I am like you in that but a few of my friends say I am bi. I love my lesbian, bi and gay friends. And I do have a boyfriend. But I could just be curious.  

Crazy_Evil_Mother7

Ferocious Sweetheart

shares_stomach_acid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:21 pm
You sound curious to me, and you could be straight and still find girls attractive, since there just very pretty creatures. I'd say one of the only ways to know for sure is to actually be with another girl. However if you feel the same kind of attraction when you look at a hot guy or a hot girl then your most likely BI.
Either way if your happy in your relationship i wouldn't worry about it *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:23 pm
x- a k a k o
I'm confused about my sexuality. It's something I've wondered about for a long time, but never found out for sure. I am a girl and definitely into men, though I catch myself looking at some girls at times. I think I may be bi, and my friend even told me he wouldn't be surprised if I was.
I know my true friends would be okay with it, along with my sister and mother because they have gay friends, but my dad..He said he would disown me or my sister if we were bisexual or gay. But guess what I need to figure out is if I am bisexual. But I don't know what to do.

A lot of straight girls find themselves attracted to other girls, but this doesn't always mean you're bisexual. Just because you think a girl is pretty, that doesn't make you bisexual. If you find your self attracted to girls as much as you're attracted to guys, you're bisexual. You could also be pansexual, where you don't really care if someone has girl parts or boy parts (I thought I was bi at first, but then I realized I don't care who you are, as long as you're capable of emotion.)

You have to ask yourself a few things:
1) Have I always been attracted to girls?
2) Can I be involved with a girl emotionally?
3) Am I as attracted to girls as I am to boys?

If you think you can be emotionally involved with a girl, be cautious your first time. A lot of lesbian, bisexual, and pansexual girls get involved with girls who are curious/confused, and end up getting hurt badly when the girl finds out she likes boys.

Before you get in a relationship with a girl for the first time, explain to her that this is your first time, so it might not work.

Good luck~  

Candied Curry Bun

Dapper Dabbler

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm
I had the same problem for a while. I notice myself looking at guys a lot and some girls but when I think about my boyfriend he just makes me so much so I'm sure he's who I want. I guess the win goes to whatever gender makes you feel the most.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:42 pm
I am in the same exact Position as the first person! I've read the post from the people before me and they make since! Any more advice? Please!  

x_-Mockingjay-_x

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 pm
x- a k a k o

I have been curious myself ever since I was kissed by my bisexual friend and..liked it? i was and still am confused,only wanting to try it again to see how it feels. But its not something that may come easy if you are or are not,you just feel it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm
heart I remember once watching Oprah who was talking about sexual fluidity among women. The topic was especially interesting to me because the emphasis on women made sense. From an anthropological perspective, if what females find appealing is a sense of security in a mate, one that can provide, that has no sex. Whereas males seeking procreation and are therefore visual. On the show, there were women whom for years lived “happily” a heterosexual lifestyle, often married with children, then one day found love with someone of the same sex. There was even a survey offered on the show about sexual fluidity http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/For-Women-Only-Take-the-Sexuality-Survey and the headlining book was called “when you lie about your age the terrorists win” by Carol Leifer, a long time heterosexual comedian turned homosexual in her 40’s. Now as silly as all this may sound I think the most important lesson in the show was about living without labels and how the fluidity of our sexuality is all about our pursuit of happiness. I hope that in every effort you make in your pursuit of happiness you can speak from a place that is authentic enough to resonate with those who are ignorant to these labels. If you can approach life from a place of truth if it be as societies “label” of gay, straight or bisexual…, if you come from a place of truth, you will not be disowned by anyone who is true to themselves. Don’t approach life in fear of what others will think of you, live your truth and all those around you will appreciate your authentic self regardless of whatever label society attempts to give you. heart  

NtOprah

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff