Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
A Good Man Goes to War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you think of this week's episode?
  Awesome!
  Pretty good.
  Okay, I guess.
  Not very good.
  Awful!
View Results

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 pm
Cadenza of the Heart
Miss Marinara Sauce
Cadenza of the Heart
Which brings up the question, why didn't she do that when she died back when she was first introduced?

River took the Doctor's place in the library because she knew it would burn out both his hearts, thus making it impossible for him to regenerate. I'm assuming that would apply to her as well. Plus, I think that her being mostly human would limit her regenerative abilities.

Ah! I forgot that part, it's been a long while since I last watched that episode.

Ahhhhh . . . you're so smart! 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:17 pm
GreenInkling
Cadenza of the Heart
Miss Marinara Sauce
Cadenza of the Heart
Which brings up the question, why didn't she do that when she died back when she was first introduced?

River took the Doctor's place in the library because she knew it would burn out both his hearts, thus making it impossible for him to regenerate. I'm assuming that would apply to her as well. Plus, I think that her being mostly human would limit her regenerative abilities.

Ah! I forgot that part, it's been a long while since I last watched that episode.

Didn't she get "saved' and is still in the library computer memory  

Alkyd

Twisted Time Lord

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:19 pm
Alkyd
GreenInkling
Cadenza of the Heart
Miss Marinara Sauce
Cadenza of the Heart

Some version of her memory was saved but I'm not sure the body could be saved.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm
also if she didn't take the doctors place then she wouldn't have come into existence if you think about it. If the doctor died there then there would be no River Song because he would never have traveled with her parents.  

MasterThespian_10

Krazed Teen

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm
Once they showed Amy holding a baby in the pictures I knew River Song was her child. But it really shocked me when Both Amy & her daughter were flesh BIG SHOCKER. But the whole River being part time lord was a shock to because she never seem to show it. I can't wait to see how Amy & Rory react to have been with their daughter the whole time & knowing the Doctor has been dating their daughter (who is older then them in the show). But I must know if River kills the doctor because I think in The Weeping Angel's episode she said she killed a very important powerful man. So I could only think of the doctor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm
Well in all honesty that's what the show has been hinting at. Though I think Moffet will surprise us with that aspect.  

MasterThespian_10

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm
Krazed Teen
Once they showed Amy holding a baby in the pictures I knew River Song was her child. But it really shocked me when Both Amy & her daughter were flesh BIG SHOCKER. But the whole River being part time lord was a shock to because she never seem to show it. I can't wait to see how Amy & Rory react to have been with their daughter the whole time & knowing the Doctor has been dating their daughter (who is older then them in the show). But I must know if River kills the doctor because I think in The Weeping Angel's episode she said she killed a very important powerful man. So I could only think of the doctor.

I actually think that River is going to kill Rory. They seem to be making him comparable to the Doctor in a lot of ways, making it clear that he's a "good man," as well. Also, River said she killed the best man she ever knew, and what little girl doesn't look up to her father? Plus, the look that she gave Rory in Stormcage near the beginning of the episode was rather suspicious, if you ask me...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:47 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Krazed Teen

I actually think that River is going to kill Rory. They seem to be making him comparable to the Doctor in a lot of ways, making it clear that he's a "good man," as well. Also, River said she killed the best man she ever knew, and what little girl doesn't look up to her father? Plus, the look that she gave Rory in Stormcage near the beginning of the episode was rather suspicious, if you ask me...

Hmm... you make a very good point I have been over looking. Amy has been comparing Rory to the Doctor a lot. And Rory's a good man so he would be good to his daughter. Only thing is we saw a little girl who had the time lord powers. Which means that is River Song which might means she wasn't raise by her parents. Since we always see her alone. And she was in a spacesuit that killed the Doctor at least that's what it seems. So the best man she ever knew could be ether the Doctor or Rory.
P.S. As i typed this I felt like I was the Doctor coming up with different ideas biggrin

Krazed Teen

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

MasterThespian_10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:06 am
Quote:
Hmm... you make a very good point I have been over looking. Amy has been comparing Rory to the Doctor a lot. And Rory's a good man so he would be good to his daughter. Only thing is we saw a little girl who had the time lord powers. Which means that is River Song which might means she wasn't raise by her parents. Since we always see her alone. And she was in a spacesuit that killed the Doctor at least that's what it seems. So the best man she ever knew could be ether the Doctor or Rory.

I think the person in the spacesuit that "killed" the doctor was River, or at least that is what the show is hinting at. But she was also put in jail much later in her life than that. She killed the doctor under control of a spacesuit, which would not make her responsible for the doctor's death, but those who put her in the suit would be held responsible. I don't think it'd be Rory that she kills either, because for one thing he's come back from death almost as much as Jack Harkness. Another thing is that River is no longer under control of the suit at the end of that episode so she wouldn't kill anyone else at that point. Also would whatever law authority that has River locked up consider Rory important enough to throw her in their jail for killing him? They'd most likely consider that a job for the local earth police if that was the case.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Rikku Hajime
Alkyd
GreenInkling
Cadenza of the Heart
Miss Marinara Sauce
Cadenza of the Heart

Some version of her memory was saved but I'm not sure the body could be saved.

Yeah, it was like the residual neurons firing or something
    sci-fi like that!

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 pm
MasterThespian_10

Perhaps as they travel around looking for Melody,
Rory builds up a name for himself as he already has on Earth:
The Lone Centurion. He had a pretty bad-@$$ moment
when they blew up all those spaceships in the beginning of
"A Good Man Goes to War."

Miss Marinara Sauce

That's so clever! I think you might be on to something there.
I too noticed the look River gave to Rory.
Now, in her time-line that might be the first time she's seen him since he's died,
if die he did.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:18 pm
Rory is a bad a** I can agree with that, but with the whole time travel thing he could be well known in some time periods but be non existent in other times. He is only known depending on where he goes in time. Then if River actually killed him and was sent to jail for it, it would depend on too many factors to be considered plausible. There is jurisdiction of wherever,whenever they are at the time, It would also be tough to track by law enforcement because of them being time travelers. The only way that River is sent to jail for killing someone is if she killed someone who was universally known throughout time (such as the doctor) or if she killed someone important that belonged to that time period.  

MasterThespian_10

MasterThespian_10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm
though it seems like she gave herself up after killing whoever she killed. Not that it does much because she leaves whenever she wants.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 am
This episode is one that i saw at my friend's house a week before it aired in America on Youtube and i was a new fan to the show and i just got hooked to it when i saw the episode. The reveal that River Song is Melody Pond... Amy and Rory's daughter they were like "what the hell, we did not see that coming!" I have always liked the romance between River and the Doctor and it isn't gross or anything because she is an adult and not the baby version.  

KatieBjordahl1991

silverclaw499

Invisible Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am
wolf_tsuki_darkangel
I know what you mean bout baby Melidy being a flesh at the end, i was totally stunned by that. I thought River Song was going to be something else instead of Amy's and Rory's child...oh well I want to see how this all plays out and all. But it was kinda funny how the Doctor reacted when he found out and all, lol and I do agree and love the new info for the title

i know im saying this long after you posted this, but river got married to the doctor in the end
emotion_awesome  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces